Do you buy new, used, or rent games?

MrsB

I buy both new and used. Especially if used is much cheaper then new, like I bought Prison Break recently not paying $80 for a new copy of that game, well not sure if it was that price somewhere up that high on Amazon. think I paid $30 or less for a used copy.

As for renting, don't think I ever have and would rather own my games so I don't feel rushed to play it.

I never rent games, I don't play very many so there was never a reason to, instead I will just research and watch reviews on them.

I always buy them new to support the Publishers/Developers and I was just never a fan of used games to begin with.

I usually try to get used games, that way I can get more points on my GameStop card & save cash, the only time I ever get a new game (day 1) is if it has a really good pre-order bonus or if I'm really exited for the release of said game, as for renting... never.

I used to only purchase games if they were new. Never did I ever think about buying a used or renting a game. I guess I like to have a nice collection when it comes to gaming and usually when it comes to used games the game manuals are missing and even some of the covers are replaced with gamestop, eb games, etc. 

Today, I buy used and new but I don't rent a game. I make sure the cover art is still there and the manuals (unless it doesn't come with manuals ex: dark souls 2) before I want to go ahead and purchase a used game  :lol:

I buy my games at one of our 3 pawn shops they sell all ps3 games for $9.50 each usually if I wait long enough I can get a good game for cheap once got The Last Of Us just a few days after it released for cheap.

Also since pre order is the subject does anyone think Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is worth a preorder?

I got a spare $40 but idk if I should commit.

All 3 options but, rarely buy new anymore unless it's a really good deal. Pretty much 50/50 with buying used and rentals.

Game developers have done so much to cut the amount of resources that they need to produce a video game but still have the nerve to charge $60+. They can kiss my ass. I'll die before I pay $60+ for a video game again. Hell, even $30+ would be super far fetched.

Fast games (2-4 days) end up being a $4 online rental and games that require some extra time (2 weeks/50+ hours) cost me $10-$15 for a used copy and I usually get 50% back in store credit for the resale.

• Like 1

I buy used most of the time, buying new and on day one seems like too much of a risk nowadays, so many companies wanna push games out too fast, like battlefield 4 for example and they're straight garbage on release date so they need fixing via patches afterwards. So fuck that, I'd rather wait a couple months and buy it cheaper and used. 

I buy new via pre order sometimes (very rare). Last time I did that, was with the last of us. 

Most games rip you off if you buy full price and new, there's so many shit games on the market that go to a bargain bin sooo fast, I'm looking at you rambo -_- that buying new/full price seems like the wrong way to go, thanks to game publishers being so money hungry and not very trust worthy. 

Also £45 for new game, is ridiculous, I'll wait a year and buy it used for £5. Unless it's in a series I already enjoy, like fallout. In that case I'm there at a midnight launch paying £100 for the special edition. :D 

I usually do all three

I'll buy a game new if it's something I've been really looking forward to and kept my eye on for a while, or if I'm really interested in what I've heard/seen of it so far. Usually has to be something I really like to fork over $60 for it.

I'll go used if it's a game that's hard to get new because of pricing, been out for years and never got around to it, or I have a new interest in a series I never played so I'll pick up games from it. Going used also helps save money so that's a plus.

Renting wise, I'll redbox a game if I have a passing interest in it, or because I just want to try it out rather than buy it first. I used to go to Blockbuster and Hollywood Video (RIP) to rent all the time wayback when, but now I just use the nearest Redbox.