Do you buy new, used, or rent games?

MrsB

When I am really free, like during summers and winter breaks between semesters, I get a GameFly subscription and rent random stuff.   

During the year though I just play maybe 2 games if that a month, so I'll buy them used or new.  

New if I know I'll enjoy the game, used if I am unsure. 

I mostly buy used, unless it's a game I either have to import (due to getting censored here or doesn't get released or no physical version), or it's one I've been looking forward to since it was announced. I mostly do it to save money.

Edited by Blanc

You cannot rent games in Belgium anymore, at least not in the chaines where I used to rent them.

I used to buy mostly used games, because they work and they are cheap. 

For the moment I'm buying most my games from the PSN store when they are in promotion. Some of these games are insanely cheap, even more than their used version in the store. So I'll buy them mostly new and digital :-)

Always buy it new, except for one time where i bought Mirror's Edge used because that was the only way. I rent games from time to time, i mostly play the free games from PS+ and borrow games from friends.

I try to buy new whenever I can. If its a difference of like $5, I'll buy new. I also do get a GameFly subscription when I have a lot of free time, just to play games I am unsure about and such.  

However, I have to really want the game to buy new at $60. Usually I wait until a price drop to like $50-$30 or so. 

I used to buy everything brand new around the time of release and always get pissed off because the game could be completed in a couple of hours and the trade in price is dreadful.

Now I tend to rent games where I can rent as many as I want, one at a time for as long as I want in that month so it works out cheaper as it helps decide whether or not I actually like games also. :)

I buy new. I never rented even when there were places here to rent from. As for buying used, nope. The prices at places to buy used games (EB Games, etc) are a ripoff. For new games its usually a $5 difference. Why the hell would I want to do that. If it's a game I'm not to sure about, or I can hold off, I'll wait a few months and then the price usually drops. Wait a few more months and then get it even cheaper. I'd rather do that than buy used.

I never rent games. I prefer to own them for my collection. Plus while you can rent online, I preferred having a local Blockbuster to me, but that's not around anymore.

Most of my PS3 games are used. It saves a lot of money. I just bout Dark Souls 2 for only $35 used and it still feels like it just came out. There's some games that I preorder and must get when they come out, but I don't always have $60+ to spend on games. Especially at this time of the year, it's wise to catch up on old games. Gamestop sucks when it comes to trading in games, but they have great sales for used games and I can usually buy 2 used games and 1 get free, or something like that, there. At least at the one near my house.

Edited by LilSeba55

• 3 weeks later...

I buy new and used but I try to avoide some used game because some game their have extra content code or online  code and I must buy again but sadly their only one store where I live that sell Used game and their have some restricion for selling game but I am collectioner so I dont sell game except The Sims 2 on PSPthat was my sister game so I selled  :P

I tend to buy physical games used whenever Gamestop has a sales promotion, however I have been buying more digital as the PSN store has also had some decent sales. I tend to purchase new physical games either for a Nintendo console, a new Tales game, or a Black Friday special but not much else.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never rented games because you either have to finish the game in the rental period or keep renting it till you are done. Not including PS+ games I always buy my games and always buy them new. The only time I've bought a second hand game was because I decided I wanted it when it was no longer available in stores.