Do you buy new, used, or rent games?

MrsB

• 3 weeks later...

Use to do a combination of all 3. Now and for the last couple of yrs, I buy my games new, so I can support the developers and have the game added in my collection, where I own it forever. Sure that samething can be done with pre-owned games, however, you don't support the devs when you buy PO games, so yeah.

The only time where I might make an exception to buy pre-owned games is when a buy 2 get 1 free deal pops up, but that's it. Well... there is also the rare (since I rarely & barely sell/trade in my games) times where I would do so to buy a game I used to previously own, and for games that can only be purchased used, as they aren't available new anymore.

• 1 year later...

I never ever rent; If I want to try out a game, I'll buy it cheap and try it on my other account. And if I don't like it, I simply return it. The only games I buy new are the ones I pre-order. Never digital. Unless, it's an exclusive digital game, I don't see why I should fill up my PS3's data with 20 or less games. And plus, physical games look good on the shelf. 

Edited by OnePieceDude

I almost exclusively buy new. I've bought some hard to find games used. I once paid for one month of a rental service to plat a lot of shitty games. I pretty much ran out of games to rent from them, and some few months later they had to close down due to financial reasons, not surprised by the lack of selection IMO. I'm serious when I say that I had many times the amount of PS3 games they had. :S

Edited by MMDE

• 2 months later...

I'd say it all depends on the game for me. Most games I'll buy used, unless it's something that I've been anticipating since hearing about it a year prior (Modern Warfare 3, Mass Effect 3, GOW: Ascension, Destiny, SW: Battlefront, etc), then I'll pre-order it. 

As for renting a game, that's usually if I come across a game that I've already beaten and don't really want to buy it, but I have a strong urge to at least play it just one more time, for old time's sake (You've had moments like that, don't lie). 

Edited by jman217

I prefer to buy new whenever possible, but I don't mind buying used when it's significantly cheaper, or I simply can't find the game in new, unsealed condition. I've had a couple of bad experiences with used discs, which just prompts me to buy new copies all the more.

I don't really rent games any more as I find I never have the time to finish them within the period given to me.