What the (HELL) happen to overstrike!

Titanomachy_75

First off Overstrike looked amazing when I first saw this back in 2011 at E3 I believe. Then a few years later it was called Fuse! For awhile I did not know it was the same game I was looking for overstrike for info and never got anything of course did not take me long to piece it altogether just making small talk! But seriously the game was amazing the art style which I loved and graphics and THE COLORS which popped!! and YEs it seem I could really get into the charters! THen the change up or I call the blank UP!!! First off the colors which now look like a grainy gears of wars with no life no well, to make it short NO ANYTHING!!

Then the design (JUST LOOK AT TEH SCREEN SHOTS) I wont say anything else speaks for itself! Then the gameplay which looks like a gears of war game! I think it would be the same n gameplay or maybe not I don't know! We just saw a clip back in 2011! I really think they made the changes for the xbox 360 fans cause it looks like a 360 game now! Which I own a 360 but it was a must buy to a MEh game now! Which I think I will wait till its free for psn + members or when its 20 dollars cause it SUCKS NOW!!

Yup, I was so pumped for Overstrike when it was first announced. I was a little annoyed it was multi platformed at first but I figured it would give Insomniac some more exposure and hopefully people who had never tried Ratchet or Resistance would then give those games a try.

Then they decided "well people like Overstrike a little too much let's fuck it up" and we got this abomination now.

To be honest I can see EA's point of view where they think that a realistic war game will do better than a cartoony one. What they forget is that there are so many war games out there that it has a better chance of getting lost in the shuffle now. All in all this might be the first Insomniac game I just skip all together

Fuse looks nothing if not anything at all to Gears of war or even a 360 game. How about wait for the demo to come out first before jumping to conclusion? I do understand it looks nothing like Overstrike, It's rather disappointing on that.

• Like 3

I can understand being a little upset that they changed the way the game looks since you were looking forward to it, but to say the game sucks? How can you even do that? Unless you've played the game (which EA have only given a few people access to the demo) you can't really have an opinion on how it plays. I can't say I was ever really interested in the game but I'll definitely rent it from Redbox to see if I enjoy it.

Parker

• Like 2

Then the gameplay which looks like a gears of war game! I think it would be the same n gameplay or maybe not I don't know! We just saw a clip back in 2011! I really think they made the changes for the xbox 360 fans cause it looks like a 360 game now! Which I own a 360 but it was a must buy to a MEh game now! Which I think I will wait till its free for psn + members or when its 20 dollars cause it SUCKS NOW!!

Saying a game sucks when you haven't even played it before...

IQ2TSJb.gif

Worth reading. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/12/ted-price-on-how-insomniacs-overstrike-became-fuse/

• Like 1

Dont mean it sucks because I played or have not played it... Mean its sucks for changing the WHOLE game!!! I will play it its just not a must buy now! And When I said it sucks I really mean the whole direction it has went through! Its like looking at a hollywood movie start now back from the 70s and seen her for the first time now with 200 face lifts! :) lol

Fuse looks like a decent shooter , but why did insomniac start working with EA ?

seriously what were they thinking ? 

As for the resistance series ,

1 .was awesome 

2. sucked 

3.it was too late 

Hope Fuse does well but i highly doubt it will .

From the rumors I heard is that EA and Insomniac got some game testing feeedback and it wasn't good. People said it was too "Cartoon-like" and fit the ages of children. So it looks like EA must have ask Insomniac to change it to fit a mautre theme which will gain a better audience for more profit and fanbase.

Me presonally I think Overstrike would have been the better game due to being more colourful and apleasing than Fuse. Fuse to me is a great game but I think that it probably may fall in line with the normal "Gritty"  shooters we already got but the demo will only tell the truth and I can't wait for that. 

Edited by GhostBaneR3aper