Any Souls vet than can answer a few questions?

linkdevivo

hey guys. So i've never played a Dark Souls game proper. I have the platinum for Bloodborne which i absolutely loved and i just got the plat for Nioh which i adored too. With the announcement of the Dark Souls Trilogy release i figure that there isnt a better time than now to buy them and get the platinum trophies. However when i was searching the trophy guides i soon found out that i needed 2-3 playthroughs PER GAME. I really hate repeating a game twice or in this case 3 times just for a trophy. So my question is, are the playthroughs per game different? or are they exactly the same? Two would, i guess, be manageable but 3 times the same game is a no can do for me. Can someone explain with every game if the playthroughs differ at all like Nier automata where the 3 playthroughs you have to do are actually different each time.  Thanks.

It's more than one playthru because many different itens that you have to have are only available in NG+ or NG++. Exemple: Sorceries and pyromancies in DS2, or rings in DS3. You can get 2 different endings in one playthru in DS3 but one specific ending needs to be done since the beggining. NG+ and NG++ is not that bad, many areas can be skiped in DS2/3 and in case you have a friend to co-op, it will be easier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

It's more than one playthru because many different itens that you have to have are only available in NG+ or NG++. Exemple: Sorceries and pyromancies in DS2, or rings in DS3. You can get 2 different endings in one playthru in DS3 but one specific ending needs to be done since the beggining. NG+ and NG++ is not that bad, many areas can be skiped in DS2/3 and in case you have a friend to co-op, it will be easier.

How do you get 2 different endings in one playthrough of DS3? Where can i research this?

The NG+ etc. playthroughs are generally the same. Just enemies get slightly more difficult.

The multiple playthroughs thing isn't too bad. You should be able to speedrun through NG+ and NG++ pretty easily and only pick up the items you need. The Souls games generally can be speedrun in about 2 hours if you know what you're doing, and in NG+ it's even easier since you already have a build and gear down.

Just now, IDiivil said:

The NG+ etc. playthroughs are generally the same. Just enemies get slightly more difficult.

The multiple playthroughs thing isn't too bad. You should be able to speedrun through NG+ and NG++ pretty easily and only pick up the items you need. The Souls games generally can be speedrun in about 2 hours if you know what you're doing, and in NG+ it's even easier since you already have a build and gear down.

Really? Speedrun in 2 hours? That would definitely make my life easier. It's the only reason i haven't pre-ordered DS Trilogy. Should I start with 1? I really want to play 3 but don't know if there's an overarching story or something.

27 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

How do you get 2 different endings in one playthrough of DS3? Where can i research this?

put the save in the cloud before the last boss, do one ending, then load the save again, get the second ending. The third ending the "dark" one, i don't think it's possible.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

ok cool. So I only have to do 2 playthroughs for DSIII?

If you want to be one of “those” people, you can platinum the game in 1 playthrough by getting someone to drop you all the NG+ and NG++ rings, assuming you don’t screw up any questlines or miss anything which can be pretty easy. Otherwise doing it legit will mean 2 and a bit playthroughs.

1 minute ago, FilmFanatic said:

If you want to be one of “those” people, you can platinum the game in 1 playthrough by getting someone to drop you all the NG+ and NG++ rings, assuming you don’t screw up any questlines or miss anything which can be pretty easy. Otherwise doing it legit will mean 2 and a bit playthroughs.

have litearally no idea what this means :highfive:

Edited by linkdevivo

5 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

have litearally no idea what this means :highfive:

You can platinum DS3 in one playthrough by doing the appropriate questlines and making a save at the right time to get all 3 endings on your first playthrough. However you can’t screw anything up or miss any spells and this can be very easy to do. You will also need someone to drop you all the rings you would normally get in playthrough 2 and 3.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can get all 3 endings in Dark Souls 3. However, it is somewhat specific and it has some spoilers.

Spoiler

You have to follow the requirements through the game for the Usurpation of Fire ending. However, you need to get the Eyes of a Fire Keeper from the Untended Graves area while you are playing through as well. DO NOT GIVE IT TO THE FIRE KEEPER. Before the last boss, save the game and toss it on the cloud or a USB stick. Complete the game and pop the Usurpation of Fire ending trophy by picking the proper ending. Get the save off the cloud and reload it. DO NOT DELETE THE FILE OFF THE CLOUD. Once reloaded, give the Fire Keeper the eyes. This will grant you access to the other 2 trophy endings. You can make a save right after if you like and put it on the cloud and replace the one on the cloud if you prefer, but either way, beat the boss and pick the ending of choice. Get the save off the cloud, and do the same thing but pick the other ending.  I just needed to get the other 3 trophies which were Master of Pyromancies, Master of Miracles, and Master of Expression, which I knew I could pick those up early in the next playthrough.

And if you are wondering, I did the same trick to pop Rosaria's Covenant trophy in the first playthrough. Made a save, tossed it on the cloud, loaded the game, joined her covenant, grabbed my save off the cloud, reloaded that one, and kept going without joining in-game to get the Usurpation of Fire ending.

I ended up platinuming the game in 1.5 playthroughs because someone dropped me all the rings that were mentioned above, saving me the additional playthroughs. Total playtime was 68 hours in game. But over a 4 month period, and it was my first Souls game. But I had a friend give me a guide that kinda hinted at this.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 1:14 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

You can try asking mmde he seems pretty good at these games

Meanwhile, I just bought Dark Souls III. :P My greatest expertise is in Demon's Souls, but I could probably answer most questions about all but Dark Souls III.

Demon's Souls can have the platinum popping as you finish your first playthrough of the game for the first time. This requires online interaction. Without online interaction, you can do it early NG+ (just gotta kill 2 bosses). With online it can be done in an hour and a half, or way more easily like 5 hours, or 10 for a new player. Game stacks 3 times, so that's some quick plats.

Difficulty? Meh... and the games play a lot like Bloodborne, just less fluid and you got a shield. Way more weapons.

Demon's Souls is horror fantasy, while Dark Souls games are dark fantasy.

Dude, just play the games.