Do not buy this game (Personal opinion)

FINAALLLY !

Damn this legendary club trophy was a nightmare ! The AI cheat so hard, that's insane ! ><

When i see people saying "it's just skill" => NO !

When the opposite GK make an epic stop and is on the floor, the ball go to your striker feet, he just have to push the ball in the goal from 3 meters, and miss the goal, you can't do anything about it !

Good luck to all people still doing this sh*t !

Sadly I have 0 advice to give, it's just random when the game allow you to win -_-

The only little one i can give you is, if you score first, try to keep the ball on your field side, making pass with your keeper and defender to keep the ball ... if in first half time, at 43min try to score a second one ! (sometimes it work ^^)

Finally have all PES platinums :)

Until 2020 one ... ^^'

Thought I would share the grinding method I've been using to get my team more ready for this challenge sometime next week:

Play SIM matches with a full team of white or bronze ball players. It's very important to make sure you have all your good players on the bench for this team: doing this increases your team strength and adds to the amount of coins you get at the end of the match, potentially even doubling it. You can basically AFK during this, and make sure you press triange in game to swap to the overhead/tactical mode which enables the game to go much faster. When players' contracts expire, simply convert them to trainer and bring in more players using the free scouts you are given after each game.

At this stage of the game top-level scouts are released so sparsely and randomly that I would no longer rely on building a trio of scouts capable of unlocking a Messi, Ronaldo etc. Instead, I suggest spamming the top agents as much as possible with your winnings. Ideally, you want to focus on one dimension of the field you are weakest at (forwards, mids, defenders, or goalkeepers) and just keep using those agents. The key here is to not convert to trainer ANY of these players until you get a group of players at your chosen position that you are happy with. This is important because it will take all players you've already collected out of contention to be selected during future spins, and it will also allow you to level up players you do want to keep once you finally get them. Once you're happy with one position, move on to the next.

Make sure you are logging on every day and collecting at least one win per day for the +3000 coin bonus and the daily play rewards.

Edited by Andrea9281

• 2 weeks later...

Got this last night after quite an incredible turn of events. I lost or drew my first 8 games in legend, then on my 5th qualification I won both with early (4th minute of game one, 5th minute of game two) goals from Messi/Ronaldo. I had a 70% win rate on super star stronger, but just couldn't translate it my first several times getting to legendary.

This was my team and preset tactics. I received my Spanish and Belgian players last year during the World Cup event, while I used scouts to get Messi and Ronaldo a couple months later. Everyone was at least level 26, and most of the team was in the late 30s. I had absolutely nothing on the bench as my manager didn't have the costs to cover it. So any extra black and gold ball players were converted into trainers. I have a huge amount of respect for those of you who managed to do this with a bunch of silver and gold players, it was enough of a slog with an elite level team.

FGVRXvr.png

A couple tips for those of you still trying to get this in the last 3 days:

Learn super cancel (R2+R1)! It's extremely useful in many scenarios. Basically it allows you complete control of your character and cancels any pre-rendered animations or actions. The best example of this is when the AI does a long goal kick. If you can prevent the AI from passing the ball short on goal kicks, you can basically win possession nearly every time with this trick. You can use super cancel to slide in front of the person they kicked the ball to, while usually your guy would just kind of stand behind them and let them head the ball to one of their teammates. You can also use super cancel to stop your players from chasing a ball that is about to go out of bounds, and to gain a speed boost when jostling with an opposing player dribbling the ball.

Check your manager's sub tactics for something that suits you better. My manager's main formation had a high defensive line and basically all the settings that allow strong AI to tear your defense apart with lofted through balls. I discovered that he actually had a defensive preset that was much better for stopping them without sacrificing much offensive capability, so i started using that every game and my defense greatly improved. I can count on one hand the number of times I allowed two goals after making this swap (never conceded 3 or more,) and I started getting way more clean sheets too.

Invest time into learning how to run out the clock. It takes a cool head and some practice to do. You'll want to practice getting leads against legendary in exhibition mode (playing as and against any team is fine, they all seem to have similar pressuring strategies.) I saved the gameplay of my trophy-winning game so you can see how I did it. In the first half I have a few bad decisions, but the second half goes flawlessly and they never get the ball after kickoff.

Edited by Andrea9281