Season Pass Worth It?

linkdevivo

The season pass is absolutely worth getting though I would wait for it to go on sale. There are 3 new areas each with their own sets of missions as well as new weapon types and 3 new difficulties. Depending on whether you went into Way Of The Strong for the plat you will need to do 3 playthroughs (Way Of The Samurai/Strong/Demon) including completing every single mission in the base game and all DLCs on Way Of The Demon (unlocks after final mission of Way Of The Strong). You’ll need a decent build specifically designed for WotD as that is when the game truly starts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

The season pass is absolutely worth getting though I would wait for it to go on sale. There are 3 new areas each with their own sets of missions as well as new weapon types and 3 new difficulties. Depending on whether you went into Way Of The Strong for the plat you will need to do 3 playthroughs (Way Of The Samurai/Strong/Demon) including completing every single mission in the base game and all DLCs on Way Of The Demon (unlocks after final mission of Way Of The Strong). You’ll need a decent build specifically designed for WotD as that is when the game truly starts.

damn. great stuff. Though I never go for necessarily for 100% in DLCs, i just try to get as many trophies as possible while enjoying it (unlike platinum trophies which i can't not get). so im good with having like a 94% completion rate but having the platinum. So i don't think i'd even look at way of the demon lol (don't want to beat the game 2 more times). Though the new weapon types sound amazing to be honest, are they any cool?

I think i'll indeed wait for a sale. Does the season pass usually go on sale? don't want to wait too long.

Edited by linkdevivo

9 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

damn. great stuff. Though I never go for necessarily for 100% in DLCs, i just try to get as many trophies as possible while enjoying it (unlike platinum trophies which i can't not get). so im good with having like a 94% completion rate but having the platinum. So i don't think i'd even look at way of the demon lol (don't want to beat the game 2 more times). Though the new weapon types sound amazing to be honest, are they any cool?

I think i'll indeed wait for a sale. Does the season pass usually go on sale? don't want to wait too long.

The season pass does seem to go on sale somewhat regularly. The new weapons are tonfas (they look like police batons) and the odachi (a giant samurai sword). Unless you plan on repeccing to use them then just stick with the main weapons you have been using. The DLC is not easy and even on Way Of The Samurai difficulty you may struggle if you don’t get some higher level equipment. Going through all missions in all DLCs will net you the bulk of the trophies. 3 playthroughs may not sound like fun but personally I found my Demon playthrough to be the best and most fun of the 3. I spent 172 hours getting 100% and loved literally every second of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

The season pass does seem to go on sale somewhat regularly. The new weapons are tonfas (they look like police batons) and the odachi (a giant samurai sword). Unless you plan on repeccing to use them then just stick with the main weapons you have been using. The DLC is not easy and even on Way Of The Samurai difficulty you may struggle if you don’t get some higher level equipment. Going through all missions in all DLCs will net you the bulk of the trophies. 3 playthroughs may not sound like fun but personally I found my Demon playthrough to be the best and most fun of the 3. I spent 172 hours getting 100% and loved literally every second of it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond mate. Will take all of this into account. cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a few trophies left to 100% and can say I enjoyed some DLCs mission MORE then main story. Odachi is awesome, ethereal gear farming too. If you struggle in some WotD missions, you can just rush main story and unlock higher difficulty where ya can farm levels (even in first mission, trash mobs) VERY QUICK ( lvl 400+ becomes a joke to obtain). My 2 cents : if ya enjoyed hunting the platinum, you'll LOVE 100% it. Peace

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This was one of my most favourite games of this generation! With a bit of work as far as weapon builds are concerned, Way of the Demon can be made very easy to complete 100% as there are quite a few levels that are perfect for farming both weapon drops and Amrita, especially going to the next difficulty to aid in this! In the end I have spent almost 600 hours on the game and regularly play the game simply for fun and to play with other folk who are looking for a bit of help. All in all I'm echoing everyone else's comments. The DLC was brilliant and if it goes on sale, which it does very often, it is money well spent!