What PS1 game do you think needs a remaster/trophy list? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey guys, as a few of you know @Bushido7745785 and I have a podcast, "Plat Cast" and every week we ask the community here at psnprofiles one of our topics of discussion and that topics this week is:

"What PS1 game do you think needs an HD remaster or a trophy list for ps4 and why?"

We would love to hear your responses and we'll pick some of them to read and discuss on our podcast! 

Jet Moto and Cool Boarders might be fun.  The Parasite Eve games would be good too.  Frankly, one of the cool things with the PS2 to PS4 thing was seeing some titles I had never heard of get modern recognition, so maybe some more obscure titles like Intelligent Qube or Punky Skunk (though the audience would be pretty finite for those titles).

6 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Chrono Cross (and of course Chrono Trigger) would be welcomed.

I second that. Best game of all time (Chrono Trigger).

Edit: Also Metal Gear Solid 1

Edit 2: Yeah I think this topic exists somewhere else already too...

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

This is my list, but it’s hard to tell, considering I have most of the videogames on PS1 and it’s my fav system of all time:

- Sheep Dog n Wolf aka Sheep Raider

- Driver Trilogy: Driv3r with missions only inside a car or motocycle, without any weapons would be great :)

- Klonoa

- Alone in the Dark 4: The New Nightmare: with a similar gameplay and visuals to Resident Evil 2 Remake :o

- Dino Crisis

- Kula World aka Rollaway

- Silent Hill

- Team Buddies <3 (what a hidden gem)

- Vib Ribbon: we got Parappa, why not this one using your playlist from PS4 and CDs musics? :)

and me my obvious favorite: Crash Team Racing

• Like 3

Normally I'd go with Wild Arms or Legend of Mana. Simply because they are awesome games, and in Legend of Mana's case one of my favorite soundtracks as well as awesome background art.

But if I had to choose one. It would be Monster Rancher without a doubt. While boring by today's standards it's also the only game I can think of that utilized other games and CDs. An HD remaster or complete overhaul, like the Crash Bandicoot, would be nice to see. Which of your PS3 or PS4 games could unlock what? DVDs and Blu Rays? Trophy level could even somehow tie into it, and with the love for online nowadays you could even go beyond couch co-op Vs and do online Vs. (this is coming from someone who despises online gameplay. :P)

I'd really like to see how they'd overhaul the Exploration mini game. 

• Like 2

I would like to see Tomba 1 and Tomba 2 with trophies the most. I don't even really want to see a remaster. Just a port would suffice. Those games are so dorky and fun that they'll just make you laugh playing them. 

I third (?) the Chrono Trigger remaster. I also second Klonoa. 

Lastly, I want a complete remake (similar to Crash Bandicoot and Spyro) for Ape Escape. The game is dated and you can see its age, but the concept and idea are just spectacular. The series deserves a revival and now is as good of a time as ever.

• Like 2

Brave Fencer Musashi, I would love to play that game again

Crash Team Racing. Come on, we got the trilogy already lol

Dino Crisis, just cause its amazing. I mean Capcom brought back Resodent Evil 2 for god sakes lol.

Keep with Capcom, Resident Evil 3, cause that game is amazing.

Syphon Filter, loved that shit to hell lol.

Gran Turismo 2. One of my favorite racing games next to Mario Kart and Crash Team racing lol

Edited by SyumiSan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

Suikoden without a doubt, we have almost all Suikoden nowadays on PS3 and vita but 0 trophies... It's a shame.

I second this. IMO, one of the all time best RPGs ever made.  Unfortunately, owned by Konami, so all we can do is hope they sell the ip

4 hours ago, ChernobylNinja said:

Hey guys, as a few of you know @Bushido7745785 and I have a podcast, "Plat Cast" and every week we ask the community here at psnprofiles one of our topics of discussion and that topics this week is:

"What PS1 game do you think needs an HD remaster or a trophy list for ps4 and why?"

We would love to hear your responses and we'll pick some of them to read and discuss on our podcast! 

Honestly? GEX or Blasto. I know Blasto's not too well known, but it suited my platforming needs.

• Like 1