What PS1 game do you think needs a remaster/trophy list? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

The first two Grand Theft Auto games. The GTA III era games from the PS2 times get ported plenty, and IV-V from PS3-PS4 are still fairly recent, but it seems like Rockstar has all forgotten about their roots.

24 minutes ago, hamzanawaz203 said:

Infamous 1 and 2 with trophies on ps4 wow loved that man great game

Those are not PS1 games though, but PS3 games.

On 26.8.2018 at 8:02 AM, r3viladdict said:

Alien Resurrection (The controls should be revamped so it'd be playable easily.)

With dual analogue controls it actually is surprisingly easy to play today. More so than any other shooters from that era.

MediEvil - not sure why this series was abandoned. 

Diskworld 1 and 2 - one of the best, and certainly hardest, point-n-click games around.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - easily, the best writen and voice acted game of the ps1 era. I dare say it cracks top 3 best writen and voice acted games of all time. Sad the series went out the way it did.

• Like 1

I have a few games I'd love to see, either ported or remastered. Here is my top five I can think of, but I'd be happy for most any game.

1. Final Fantasy VI: I would gladly take a remake of this game but a simple port with trophies (as Steam version has achievement, so it shouldn't be hard...)

2. Thousand Arms: This game is a pure gem. It was diamond in the rough from what I can gather.

3. Heart of Darkness: This was one of those first platforming games that really got me hooked.

4. Legend of Dragoon: It may have already been said but this is just such a good game.

5. Legend of Legaia: I loved the combo inputs and was amused by the glitch that you could utilize with them.

I have many runner ups, alot of which have been said but I feel I will mention a few extra; just cause:

Metal Gear Solid

Mega Man Legends 1+2 & The Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

Vagrant Story

Guardian's Crusade

Xenogears

I'd also add Star Ocean: The Second Story but I am well aware that a port was made for Second Evolution but it is only available as japanese. Just another reason I need to learn the language.

Edited by Roga_de_Ticon

#1. Wild 9 - For anyone not knowing about this game. Find a port, youtube doesn't matter this is a hidden gem

1234.jpg

#2. Tombi also known as Tomba. I've played this game so much as a kid. I would love to see this game in modern graphics

A1elPoBuYIL._SX342_.jpg

#3. Crash Bash. Guess most of us know this game

220px-CrashBashCover.png

#4. Tomb Raider. One of the very first ps1 games. Still have great memories about this one. Not specifially about the game but it's a game I played with my dad who played maybe a handful of games with me

51V44YZCH3L.jpg

#5. Hercules. As far as my memory goes this game was just stupid and difficult. But I was a kid so give me a round 2

20170616045329!Disneys-hercules-action-g

#6. This game was hard I can't even recall finishing it but with 2018 graphics this could be amazing

heart-of-darkness-playstation-1_13148510

On 27-8-2018 at 8:22 AM, SyumiSan said:

They did re release Final Fantasy 7 with trophy list.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4126-final-fantasy-vii

True i have it. But with the Playstation 1 games a lot of games are better if they get a remake and not a remaster as for FFVII is a port of steam and very popular among all ages.
When you go for specific interests of gaming, for example horror then the classics like RE2 remake would be perfect.

In my opinion i think the age of remastering is over and we are only going to get remakes or so enhanced remastered that it is a different game then the original source.

I saw someone saying Tony Hawk Pro Skater.
That game would be perfect for a remake in this age.
But then with the old skaters as a bonus and new talent/nowadays skaters as a base game.
Same levels, but graphically improved and altered by a bigger size and modern age dimension.

Even the music could be a mashup of all 3 THPS games.
Like they did with Crash Bandicoot 'nsane Trilogy.

A dreaming is so much fun ^^

I agree with the recommendations of Tomba, Gex, FF8, and FF Tactics.

One that hasn't been mentioned that I do think will get a port/remaster soon is SaGa Frontier. They've been working on ports/remasters of the earlier SaGa games with localization efforts as well.

Edited by eigen-space

My main two favourites (Crash and Spyro) and the classic FF7 have already had/will be having a remaster, but out of the remaining...

1. Crash Team Racing: my childhood addiction along with every other CB game. 

2. Crash Bash: Me and brother always played this co-op growing up, so the nostalgia factor is there. I loved Pogo a gogo!

3. FF8: I have a strong feeling this will happen with all the FF remakes these days. 

4. Tales of Destiny: I love Tales series and this is meant to be good.

5. FF Tactics: I really like the tactics games and enjoyed the DS versions, a PS4 remake of the original would be cool. 

On 26/08/2018 at 0:16 AM, TurtlePM said:

- Team Buddies <3 (what a hidden gem)

and me my obvious favorite: Crash Team Racing

Yes I love these two games!! finally someone who appreciated how great of a game Team buddies was!! 

Edited by Lava_Yuki
  • Like 1