Yakuza Kiwami 2 trophy thoughts?

ShadowStar83x

Really wish they went with the Yakuza 6 path of only doing X amount of things on the completion list, instead of all of it. I absolutely love these games, and I dabble in everything they have to offer, but it's just too much.

Otherwise tho, looks groovy. I'm excited.

• Like 2

Much better than the Yakuza 6 trophy list.

Coliseum tournaments are back, there are new bouncer missions and a grand prix for Cabaret Club... this was bad even in Yakuza 0

Still very iffy about this clan creator it was fun to play a couple of times in 6, still not 100% sure about the completion list unlocking additional content like in 0 and kawami 1.

I'll wait to see what it's all like on release day.

Game seems pretty simple overall, there seem to be less minigame completion points (52 in this, I swear there were more in 0/Kiwami, although this excludes cabaret clubs and clan creator because they have their own completion lists), and karaoke seems much easier than it was in 0/Kiwami too, I got 4 perfect 100/100 scores in this and only managed one in the previous two games. Golfing seems really hard but maybe a guide could help with it. Nothing appears to be missable, and trouble finder is one of the first abilities you obtain in this unlike in 0/Kiwami where you had to try and find it, so locating substories isn't a problem. I hope you can use NG+ for Legend mode.

The 100 weapon kills trophy appears to be a little bugged though, I got the completion point for 100 weapon kills but the trophy didn't unlock. It unlocked at around 150 kills instead.

Edited by madbuk

The 100% trophy being back is the most important thing by far. Based on the rarity on the JP version it looks to be about as demanding as Kiwami 1, which is good enough for me. Secretly hoping that Shin Yakuza brings back the Y5 or at least Ishin levels of tedium though.

Edited by Happy
  • Like 1

This platinum will be brutal as always (except for Yakuza 6.) Another month lost to get a all trophies but I will enjoy it as well!

This is the last platinum that I would need to complete all Yakuza games (from 0 to 6 without getting the alternative games such as zombie or samurai)

Many minigames are easier but mahjong now has way worse completion points.

You have to win all tournaments but on the other hand you don't need to a get full straight anymore.

There are enough cheat items to cheese two of the tournaments but that still leaves multiple you need to do without cheat items.

Nice, looking forward for some rewarding Mahjong sessions :D  my skills are a Little bit rusty but I guess I will Keep it up after a few rounds. I wouldn´t have learned Mahjong if Yakuza hasn´t trophies for it. 

Edited by Inuty

So... back to 100% completion again, huh? Yeah, not sure I'll have the patience for that... still looking forwards to playing this, and will try getting the rest! Also, hoping Clan Creator trophies/completion is less grindy...

On 8/27/2018 at 7:40 AM, AlexFirtPS_BR said:

Anyone know if you have to start a game on Legend, or just load the final boss like Yakuza 6?

Wondering about this too

I'm cool with completion trophies. Yakuza games have always been about that, so it was kinda disappointing to platinum Yakuza 6 so quickly due to not actually needing to do everything.

Is anything missable in the Kiwami 2 list? I missed Yakuza 2 when it came out on PS2, so this will be my first time playing the story so I'm trying to avoid spoilers (though I can kinda piece together key points given who does and doesn't appear in later games).

Apparently this game lacks Climax Battles, which were honestly the toughest part of Kiwami 1 and Y0 for me. Seeing as I've only played those two so far, I don't mind 100% completion being a requirement again. I'm just hoping I'll be allowed to use a NG+ Kiryu for the Legend mode playthrough.

On 30.8.2018 at 3:19 AM, Dilla said:

Apparently this game lacks Climax Battles, which were honestly the toughest part of Kiwami 1 and Y0 for me. Seeing as I've only played those two so far, I don't mind 100% completion being a requirement again. I'm just hoping I'll be allowed to use a NG+ Kiryu for the Legend mode playthrough.

The climax battles have been transformed into bouncer missions instead. The last 3 can whoop your ass for sure.

Though it's mostly just a grind.

53 minutes ago, Sanetsuken said:

The climax battles have been transformed into bouncer missions instead. The last 3 can whoop your ass for sure.

Though it's mostly just a grind.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm wondering, do you have to play as Majima (or God forbid, Date) in any of the bouncer missions?

Just now, Dilla said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm wondering, do you have to play as Majima (or God forbid, Date) in any of the bouncer missions?

You do not. it's all kiryu.

It's not "normal" climax missions. They've been replaced by regular challenge missions where your only restriction is being unable to use healing items.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 8:40 AM, AlexFirtPS_BR said:

Anyone know if you have to start a game on Legend, or just load the final boss like Yakuza 6?

You can't load the final boss like Yakuza 6. You need to start from the beginning but you can have your stuff and upgrades from your first playthrough. 

On 8/29/2018 at 8:46 AM, P_Pigly_Hogswine said:

Is anything missable in the Kiwami 2 list? I missed Yakuza 2 when it came out on PS2, so this will be my first time playing the story so I'm trying to avoid spoilers (though I can kinda piece together key points given who does and doesn't appear in later games).

Nothing missable. You can do everything in premium adventure. 

• Like 1