Next Ys game in development!

killivincent

Just WOW.  Surprised it wouldn't be a remake of Ys V.  Really, really looking forward to Ys IX.

I don't think we'll be waiting 3-4 years for this.  A Trails game would take close to 2, & I'm not expecting that much text in a Ys title.  That Falcom isn't doing a Vita version this time should speed things up a little.

I'm also praying that XSEED localises it.  While NISA did fix up the translation for Lacrimosa later, it honestly should've been that way from the release.

Edited by gameoverDude189
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

I hope the price of YS VIII drop now with this new announce.

i know, i would like to go through the PS4 version. the vita version went on sale once for $28 about a few months after release when they apologized for the translation. i didn't have issues with the game, performance was well enough and all. i don't think the ps4 version has ever been on sale, and physical copies are expensive.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RJP_X said:

i know, i would like to go through the PS4 version. the vita version went on sale once for $28 about a few months after release when they apologized for the translation. i didn't have issues with the game, performance was well enough and all. i don't think the ps4 version has ever been on sale, and physical copies are expensive.

Exactly and actually, I don’t care if either PS4 or Vita drop the price a little bit more. The physical copy here is around 55-60€ Second hand stores...

On 28.8.2018 at 11:53 AM, ZeroGeass1 said:

Haven't played an Ys game yet but these look fun! I'll definitely play Ys Memories of Celceta & Lacrimosa on the Vita 

Is Ys Origin any good?

Ys Origin is fine game, it does play differently than Memories of Celceta and Lacrimosa of Dana. You only play as one character, not as a party, and Origin definitely is much more difficult than Celceta and Dana.

But, it's the beginning of the story of Ys, so it's worth to play at least once. :)

Edited by killivincent