Thoughts and Prayers

Soufwar

1 hour ago, maiathewinners said:

This is really sad, imagine you just chilling playing a game for fun and die right after because somebody decided to shot the place.

For what I'm seeing the shooter was a gamer at the tournament that was on a losing streak.

This is a sad day in the gaming community, the amount of dedication this people put in the game was incredible and see them die for this is really heartbreaking.

There's also a video online where you can hear the shooting and people screaming, please don't watch it, its really disturbing to hear everything that was happening there.

Here's a link for the news:https://www.google.pt/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/us/live-news/madden-19-jacksonville-shooting/index.html

RIP to everybody that die in this shooting

I saw that video, they were streaming on Twitch having a great time when this happened! It’s insane to me this keeps happening! I don’t get it. 

You can see a laser dot on the guy’s chest before he got shot in that video, it’s sad. It really is. 

I didn’t know the guy was losing and that’s why he did it, I thought it was some crazy person that just so happens to drop by a place that had the Madden tournament happen. 

Man, fuck these people that do this, i really hope he had an agonizing slow painful death, the scumbag deserves it. 

• Like 1

I understand that the shooter killed himself.

5 hours ago, Pichu said:

The shooter died...not sure if it was suicide or if the cops gunned him down. Either way, fucking coward. 1f621.png 

Who brings a gun to a Madden Tournament? The shooter may have already been suffering immensely........in a sense, he was a victim, too. Hate the act, not the actor. My prayers go out for him and his family, for they are likely the ones that most need them.  ?

Shouldn't there have been security guards at the doors checking each person that came in, those scanning things (I forget what they're called, you walk through, it goes off).  Hopefully something like that could get put in place in the future to be on the safe side.

Regardless, it's horrible to hear what had happened in general.  RIP those that died via said shooter (shooter themselves, not so much, don't have words for cowards).  Hopefully their families can get through this horrible time :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PsychicVibe said:

Who brings a gun to a Madden Tournament? The shooter may have already been suffering immensely........in a sense, he was a victim, too. Hate the act, not the actor. My prayers go out for him and his family, for they are likely the ones that most need them.  1f622.png

I get what you're trying to say, but that's not going to go over well with many people, if any.  Had he only shot himself, then sure, have some sympathy, however, there's no way he deserves more sympathy than the innocent people he killed

It just boggles my mind, that after so many shooting accident nobody is actively trying to remove the gun selling...

How many more people have to die untill they realise that guns are bad not good? 

Look at japan, how many shooting related stuff do you hear from there?

Or heck closer to home, belgium? Almost none...

I just wished they'd stop selling guns, so no innocent person has to die anymore :(

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

Who brings a gun to a Madden Tournament? The shooter may have already been suffering immensely........in a sense, he was a victim, too. Hate the act, not the actor. My prayers go out for him and his family, for they are likely the ones that most need them.  1f622.png

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Please tell me you're not being serious... Sorry, but no matter how much someone may have been suffering, it doesn't give them the right to murder innocent people. The victims and their families are the ones who deserve our thoughts and sympathy, not the scum who killed them.

It boggles my mind how people can even try to defend something like this, or show sympathy to the perpetrator. In a YouTube comment section of the NAU shooting that happened about a year ago 95% of the comments were like "yeah those frat guys got what they deserved" (the victims in this situation). How can you defend this in any way? I was called an idiot about 10 times becuase I "dared" to show sympathy towards the deceased frat boy/boys.

Yes, it sucks that the shooter probably had some severe mental problems. but as soon has he picks up that gun and fires upon innocent people like you and I all that sympathy goes out the window. May that bastard rot in hell where he belongs.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Soufwar said:

Hello Madden community, 

As some of you know there was a mass shooting that happened today here in Florida in a Madden tournament, I would like to give my most sincere condolences to the friends and family of the victims involved and extend it to the huge Madden community out there that lost 4 of its members today in this tragic event, I hope we can all come together and give a moment of silence to 4 fellow fallen gamers due to an insane person. 

RIP to all the victims and I hope the survivors can get through this tough trauma. 

I will let you know that this is not a thread about gun comments in The United States or your opinion about them, this is to show support to our fallen brothers. 

Last I heard, the shooter killed these people because he lost a match? Gaming should be a time for people to come together, not for more senseless killings. Churches, clubs, office buildings (including YouTube HQ), schools, concerts, now this. Where's left? 

Regardless of whether or not the shooter had mental illness, I have no sympathies for him. I won't go on a political rant, but I'll leave it at this: these past two years have not been good for Florida. I can't imagine what those parents are going through, but I can definitely see this becoming a "video games make people violent" media frenzy. 

Damn, why can't these people with these sick tendencies just release their anger elsewhere, and not on other innocent humans. Like seriously, just do the whole world a favor and stop existing if you're that psychotic. Day by day I'm getting more paranoid when I leave the house to do some basic activity that there's some sick f*ck out there ready to blast you just because their own life is shit. We are officially not safe anywhere anymore. 

• Like 2

Never ceases to amaze me what these psychos do, especially out in the open and in public.

Sad. Mass shootings have been a recurring theme over the past decade, ever since the Virginia Tech shooting back in early 2007. The Orlando shooting and Las Vegas shooting in 2016 and 2017 respectively only made me more upset and angry.

Then there's always the argument of gun laws right after a mass shooting, when I think the main culprit is these mass shooters being mentally ill.

We need to change, I think we're long overdue for that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

guns are an integral part of our society, culture, and heritage, and (2) not going to work, because bad people will still find a way to do bad things.

Obviously, we all want to see an end to these tragedies, but we need to establish the actual problem first.

As an European I lack the comprehension of the American culture in that regard, so what you are saying is a contradiction in itself to me. Aren't guns a huge part of the problem that you have hundreds of mass shootings each year?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Please tell me you're not being serious... Sorry, but no matter how much someone may have been suffering, it doesn't give them the right to murder innocent people. The victims and their families are the ones who deserve our thoughts and sympathy, not the scum who killed them.

I know we had our differences, but I couldn't agree more on that point.

• Like 2