Thoughts and Prayers

Soufwar

1 hour ago, Shaowsintzu said:

Eli "Trueboy" Clayton & Taylor "Spotmeplzzz" Robinson names to be Remembered, the greatest of support and condolences to the community, friends and family of both gentlemen affected by this tragedy.

DlkxvQBU4AEU5Tc.jpg:large

THANK YOU

THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU OR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE PROBLEM OF GUNS IN THE UNITED STATES. PLEASE DO NOT INJECT YOUR POLITICAL OPINION HERE BECAUSE AGAIN THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU. THIS IS ABOUT THE PEOPLE WE LOST AND US SHOWING SUPPORT TO THEM AND HAVING A THREAD THAT ACTS AS A MEMORIAL FOR THESE POOR SOULS IN OUR COMMUNITY TO CELEBRATE THEIR LIVES AND REMEMBER THEM AND THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. DO NOT LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE GUN CONTROL PROBLEM, LET US SEE YOU SHOWING SOME RESPECT. 

• Like 1

Rest In Peace to all the victims. Why is it that everytime something like this happens people label the shooter “mentally ill”. Some are just fucking evil it's as simple as that. I’ve been dealing with depression for almost 5 years now and not once have i ever thought of murdering people.

• Like 3

What I find crazy is that the first thing that usually comes out of people's mouthes is "psycho", "lunatic", "crazy", mentally ill", your probably get the point.

What is with the name calling? Yes. He killed innocent people. Yes. It was a heinous act, no one is denying that. What kills me is that people want to help the "mentally ill" and automatically lables someone immediately. Honestly, how does that "help" the situation? 

He, too also had a family, but people forget that as well. What if he was "mentally ill"? What if he asked for help and didn't receive any? What if help was offered and he ignored? Questions we should ask ourselves is "What brought the person to do such an act". Sadly what he has done, is done. Yes. He has killed innocent people during a gaming event. Why did he pull out a gun? Was it really the game he played? Was it really the people picking on him? Was it really because he was on a losing streak? Or was it something totally out of the game and that was his way of escaping "reality" so to say? 

Many of you might read this and say I am a nut for saying what I have said. No, I am not. He isn't a lunatic, he isn't psychotic, he isn't whatever anyone said. Does it really matter to have a "mental illness" to pull the trigger? No, like someone said above "I have had depression for 5 years and never thought about killing someone". Sorry, your wrong because that is how you deal with it. People forget everyone is different in situations they are given. Of course you wouldn't handle it that way he has but does that make him any different? He vented his anger in a henious way but doesn't mean he is "evil" as you put it.

I for one have had major depression but doesn't mean anything. People will always deal with situations different. I personally believe this gaming he was doing was his outlet and something outside caused this. So stop with the labeling if you wish to help the "mentally ill". Its just the same as a person doesn't want to be labeled by a "gender". Just do not call them anything. 

Also, last thought, nobody knew him to understand why he caused this. Even if you were there to witness the event, it still doesn't explain the whole story of why he did it. So go ahead, he name calling people but in all honesty that doesn't help the mentally ill people. Who wants to be labeled "psycho"? Hell I wouldn't but I did and you wouldn't either. So please, stop throwing names such as labeling people. Understand why they did it with facts. Forget the fact he has killed people, that will never change and no one will forget. What we need to do is what causes people to do what they do, not after the fact.

Sorry for the long post because people piss me off so much that they just throw labels and just act that is okay to do. Stop. Listen. Understand. First steps in understanding the mentally ill, if there is any case. People can be so cruel, and words in the long run hurts.

P.S I know I will get burned by this posting but I do try to study why people commit the crimes they do. Before the actual act, I try to read why they do it. To do that you have to have an open mind. Without it we will never try to stop these types of crimes if we just label people and close the case.

Now my opinion is done. Letting the bashing begin sadly.

• Like 1

Well said, Syumi. When I guessed earlier that the shooter was suffering with severe mental health issues, I did not mean to label the shooter in a pejorative sense. Anymore than describing someone as having brain cancer or spinal stenosis.

And as it turns out, the shooter's issues were severe enough that he was hospitalized twice; he had been prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications (Risperdal and Fluoxetine). He resisted treatment.

His gaming was a coping mechanism.........a way to feel normal in a world that he could not understand and a world that didn't understand him. He was so obsessive with his gaming that his mother actually took away his controllers to prevent him from playing further. He responded by punching a hole in the wall to retrieve them.

So I do think that describing the shooter as having mental illness helps us to understand the situation. Of course, there are millions of Americans who suffer some form of mental illness who do not commit suicide/murder. But his was a severe case. I feel for him and his family just as I feel for the victims and their families.

We all try to affix the blame to someone or something so that we can think we have a solution "so that this never happens again." So go ahead, blame the shooter, blame guns, blame mental health professionals, blame the parents......and let's throw gaming in the mix too. The fact is, there is no simple solution, no single reason why we see these kind of events.

And Doc.......the time to talk about gun control is just about anytime. We here in the States already have gun control. Banning firearms is different and about as likely to happen in the U.S as banning abortions. I understand the "call to action" part, but the simple fact is, just what action are we talking about? What reasonable course of action are you prescribing?

In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers go the victims and their families. In their memory I pledge to listen to others, be civil in discourse, and treat others with respect, especially when online with my fellow gamers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

Well said, Syumi. When I guessed earlier that the shooter was suffering with severe mental health issues, I did not mean to label the shooter in a pejorative sense. Anymore than describing someone as having brain cancer or spinal stenosis.

And as it turns out, the shooter's issues were severe enough that he was hospitalized twice; he had been prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications (Risperdal and Fluoxetine). He resisted treatment.

His gaming was a coping mechanism.........a way to feel normal in a world that he could not understand and a world that didn't understand him. He was so obsessive with his gaming that his mother actually took away his controllers to prevent him from playing further. He responded by punching a hole in the wall to retrieve them.

So I do think that describing the shooter as having mental illness helps us to understand the situation. Of course, there are millions of Americans who suffer some form of mental illness who do not commit suicide/murder. But his was a severe case. I feel for him and his family just as I feel for the victims and their families.

We all try to affix the blame to someone or something so that we can think we have a solution "so that this never happens again." So go ahead, blame the shooter, blame guns, blame mental health professionals, blame the parents......and let's throw gaming in the mix too. The fact is, there is no simple solution, no single reason why we see these kind of events.

And Doc.......the time to talk about gun control is just about anytime. We here in the States already have gun control. Banning firearms is different and about as likely to happen in the U.S as banning abortions. I understand the "call to action" part, but the simple fact is, just what action are we talking about? What reasonable course of action are you prescribing?

In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers go the victims and their families. In their memory I pledge to listen to others, be civil in discourse, and treat others with respect, especially when online with my fellow gamers.

Absolutely. No one knows exactly what goes on until we get all the facts and even with the facts we aren't him in that situation. Sadly in this case he took out innocent victims with his pain but what can we do to prevent it further? We as a people have to come up with a way to cope with how people react to said situations. Sometimes it might work and others time not. Even people do not know how to act because it can be a split second decision. Let us just hope as a human race to stop with the unnecessary name calling/labeling and figure out how we can prevent such tragedies. First step is, Listening to the person's need. 

Once again, I feel sorry for the inoocents but he too was a victim of his own mind. Sometimes we also cannot explain what goes on and it is hard to express. I hope he has a chance now to reflect along with the other victims. Hope you guys keep playing Madden :)

Edited by SyumiSan
  • Like 1

Why is saying the truth bothers people?

What is with deleting my posts? Noone is causing problems. Only you by hiding the truth. But it is okay. Keep deleting them, it won't change the fact that what you believe in "victims" won't change and how it is being handled is wrong. Keep on, mental illness being ignored is the truth of this matter. So whatever. Learn to educate yourself and solve the real issue. 

52 minutes ago, SyumiSan said:

Why is saying the truth bothers people?

What is with deleting my posts? Noone is causing problems. Only you by hiding the truth. But it is okay. Keep deleting them, it won't change the fact that what you believe in "victims" won't change and how it is being handled is wrong. Keep on, mental illness being ignored is the truth of this matter. So whatever. Learn to educate yourself and solve the real issue. 

Mental health funding is basically zip these days, which is sad on it's own but also sad because the first thing that pops up in a lot of peoples heads is "What can we do with Gun Control"?

The gun nuts will defend their firearms to no end, saying it's okay to own a whole arsenal of rifles and semi-automatics without doing so much as a background check, while those who are "pacifist" in nature are saying people shouldn't have firearms, even those who have owned them for many years and have done nothing wrong.

If the Orlando Florida shooting in 2016 and Las Vegas shooting in 2017 has shown us anything, it's that we haven't done shit to help those who are mentally ill. Then the big media stations like MSNBC and Fox News make such a big stink and shit about these shootings probably because they're getting paid to cover those stories. Our government is run by a bunch of imbeciles and tired out of touch men who probably couldn't give a crap about mental illness, depression and these other triggers that could cause these psychos to go on a rampage.

And for the record, I've had depression off and on for over 10 years, since 2007 - 2008, so I understand where you're coming from. What's tragic is nothing has really changed these past few years in regards to mass shootings.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Mental health funding is basically zip these days, which is sad on it's own but also sad because the first thing that pops up in a lot of peoples heads is "What can we do with Gun Control"?

The gun nuts will defend their firearms to no end, saying it's okay to own a whole arsenal of rifles and semi-automatics without doing so much as a background check, while those who are "pacifist" in nature are saying people shouldn't have firearms, even those who have owned them for many years and have done nothing wrong.

If the Orlando Florida shooting in 2016 and Las Vegas shooting in 2017 has shown us anything, it's that we haven't done shit to help those who are mentally ill. Then the big media stations like MSNBC and Fox News make such a big stink and shit about these shootings probably because they're getting paid to cover those stories. Our government is run by a bunch of imbeciles and tired out of touch men who probably couldn't give a crap about mental illness, depression and these other triggers that could cause these psychos to go on a rampage.

And for the record, I've had depression off and on for over 10 years, since 2007 - 2008, so I understand where you're coming from. What's tragic is nothing has really changed these past few years in regards to mass shootings.

This is exactly what I am talking about. I was explaining this in this tread and people keep cutting out my postings. We as a people need to have better health care and help to these people such as myself. I have been diagnosed with Bi-Polar but you do not see me going around "nuts" as they say. It isn't how it works. I personally do not like the health care system. I was in it for 1 year and a half and it taught me that they only care for the paycheck rather the person. If they had people that cares for the person we wouldn't be having these issues. Now, do not get me wrong there are people that can have all the help in the world and it still wouldn't prevent it. So yes, thank you with your response. This is what I am exactly talking about.