Streets of Rage 4 announced, by the makers of the the Wonder Boy-remake

crimsonidol38

The only thing I personally miss from the trailer and the screenshots is the grittiness and some kind of darker colors. The SoR-games tended to have more muted colors. But nonetheless, I'm pretty hyped to see that a revival of the series. Now can we hope for a Daytona, Outrun, Sega Rally, or Hang-On next? Or maybe Golden Axe? :D 

Edited by Crimson Idol

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

hopefully a switch exclusive, would be perfect for it

Nah i would expect PS4 and PC versions too.

Anyway HOLY CRAP SOR4.

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Why would you be on a playstation related site hoping for a nintendo switch exclusive?

People can freely discuss about non-Sony systems in this site, duh.

Edited by Lance_87

I hope this comes to every console so old school gamers can reminisce on the good old Sega Genesis days. Good times playing this with my brothers growing up :)Looking forward to seeing more gameplay.

There was a game called Furious Jack on KickStarter that I really wanted to release on consoles but it didn't, so Streets of Rage 4 will have to do.

Edited by Ghost
spelling error
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Why would being perfect for one platform mean you wouldn't want to see it on any other platforms?

If it truly is perfect for Switch, also being on PS4 or Xbox isn't going to change that.

• Like 4

Looks good.  Screen shots alone don't do it justice- you have to see the trailer.  I don't want this to be trapped in exclusivity for one system. If there's a Vita version, I'll buy it also.

All I ask is that Yuzo Koshiro compose the soundtrack for it, & another 2 characters join Blaze & Axel... make that 3 actually, because I want Roo.

If we can't have Yuzo, Gecko Yamori is my 2nd choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

Why would being perfect for one platform mean you wouldn't want to see it on any other platforms?

If it truly is perfect for Switch, also being on PS4 or Xbox isn't going to change that.

Not necessarily, depending on how much work is required to program for each console now (ie, the difference between ps3 & ps4 essentially required two different games to be developed), it may not be worth it to the developer.  Xbox and ps are similar now, both basically being g PC architecture. I'm not sure about the switch

Edited by AJ_-_808

11 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The irony about this is that Streets of Rage was one of the best beat ‘em ups on that generation (exclusive to Sega), compared to Nintendo’s Final Fight. And now, it would be “perfect” on Switch (Exclusive)?!! :D 

I honestly hope that Nintendon’t ;)

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 3