crimsonidol38

Streets of Rage 4 announced, by the makers of the the Wonder Boy-remake

43 posts in this topic

Loved this series as a child, it will be awesome to play this new entry as an adult. ^_^ 

The only thing I personally miss from the trailer and the screenshots is the grittiness and some kind of darker colors. The SoR-games tended to have more muted colors. But nonetheless, I'm pretty hyped to see that a revival of the series. Now can we hope for a Daytona, Outrun, Sega Rally, or Hang-On next? Or maybe Golden Axe? :D 

Edited by Crimson Idol

Yeah will play it for sure, but gonna take a while for that art style to grow on me

Can't believe it's finally happening!!! I grew up playing these games, this will be a day 1 for sure. Also artstyle looks pretty nice. :)

Hopefully this will have online multiplayer unlike Double Dragon Neon.

50 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Why would you be on a playstation related site hoping for a nintendo switch exclusive?

Because I don't play companies?

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

hopefully a switch exclusive, would be perfect for it

Nah i would expect PS4 and PC versions too.

Anyway HOLY CRAP SOR4.

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Why would you be on a playstation related site hoping for a nintendo switch exclusive?

People can freely discuss about non-Sony systems in this site, duh.

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Nah i would expect PS4 and PC versions too.

Anyway HOLY CRAP SOR4.

People can freely discuss about non-Sony systems in this site, duh.

I wonder if yuzu koshiro will compose for it again 

I hope this comes to every console so old school gamers can reminisce on the good old Sega Genesis days. Good times playing this with my brothers growing up :)Looking forward to seeing more gameplay.

There was a game called Furious Jack on KickStarter that I really wanted to release on consoles but it didn't, so Streets of Rage 4 will have to do.

Edited by Ghost
spelling error

Nice! Games like this are great. I remember having a great time when they released Double Dragon Neon... I'd imagine this will bring the same joy. It looks really nice graphically speaking too

1 hour ago, Klart said:

So why the f hope for exclusives?

Beat em ups play better on handheld and the vita is dead

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Why would being perfect for one platform mean you wouldn't want to see it on any other platforms?

If it truly is perfect for Switch, also being on PS4 or Xbox isn't going to change that.

9 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Just because it "would be perfect for it" doesn't mean it should be exclusive. Everybody can have a platform preference, sure, and if you want to play it on the Switch, that's fine, but hoping for a third-party indie game to be platform exclusive when the team that is making has shown support for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch before is a bit silly.

Edited by communistwookiee

Looks good.  Screen shots alone don't do it justice- you have to see the trailer.  I don't want this to be trapped in exclusivity for one system. If there's a Vita version, I'll buy it also.

All I ask is that Yuzo Koshiro compose the soundtrack for it, & another 2 characters join Blaze & Axel... make that 3 actually, because I want Roo.

If we can't have Yuzo, Gecko Yamori is my 2nd choice.

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

Why would being perfect for one platform mean you wouldn't want to see it on any other platforms?

If it truly is perfect for Switch, also being on PS4 or Xbox isn't going to change that.

Not necessarily, depending on how much work is required to program for each console now (ie, the difference between ps3 & ps4 essentially required two different games to be developed), it may not be worth it to the developer.  Xbox and ps are similar now, both basically being g PC architecture. I'm not sure about the switch

Edited by AJ_-_808

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Beat em ups play better on handheld and the vita is dead

vita is dead, so don't give it games that could revitalize it?  great logic.

11 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The irony about this is that Streets of Rage was one of the best beat ‘em ups on that generation (exclusive to Sega), compared to Nintendo’s Final Fight. And now, it would be “perfect” on Switch (Exclusive)?!! :D 

I honestly hope that Nintendon’t ;)

Edited by TurtlePM

14 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

hopefully it's a multi platform game for every known console that exists including the cross buy and  on the Vita, there! I fix it for ya.

Can't say I dig Axel's beard but everything else is A1, definitely a first day buy for me