A cool new statistic ?

A cool new statistic ?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think adding a graphic about your average completion progression would be a good thing ?

• Yes
    • No

The way I did it was to download the trophy log and total points for each game (less platinum), now create a list with four columns

Column 1 - the date, dating from your first trophy earned to today.

Column 2 - points earned, contains the cumulative points of trophies earned

column 3 - total points, the total points of each game where trophies have been earned

column 4 - column 2 divided by column 3

Loop through the trophy log

for each trophy earned on that day add the points value to column 2, when a trophy is earned on a new game then add the points total for that game in Column 3.

it may not be 100% accurate depending on when dlc trophies are released, you could add this for further accuracy if you wish but its not that important to me to be that accurate.

Then just create a graph in excel to display that data.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

The way I did it was to download the trophy log and total points for each game (less platinum), now create a list with four columns

Column 1 - the date, dating from your first trophy earned to today.

Column 2 - points earned, contains the cumulative points of trophies earned

column 3 - total points, the total points of each game where trophies have been earned

column 4 - column 2 divided by column 3

Loop through the trophy log

for each trophy earned on that day add the points value to column 2, when a trophy is earned on a new game then add the points total for that game in Column 3.

it may not be 100% accurate depending on when dlc trophies are released, you could add this for further accuracy if you wish but its not that important to me to be that accurate.

Then just create a graph in excel to display that data.

Nicely done.

Yeah, I have no issues with creating views in Excel, it is obtaining the dataset that I am not sure how you did.  You say you downloaded the data sets by where/how?  

38 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Unless there's a different source which I don't know about, you would have to scrape log pages one by one.

For example, in my case I would have to start at https://psnprofiles.com/HusKyCode/log and continue from there for all 157 pages.

Precisely, I enter a user ID and it pulls in the trophy log pages one by one, obtains each games trophy list, owners etc and then creates various sheets. Subsequent runs just pull through any new trophies, dlc additions and every now and then I update all rarity statistics. All done in Excel.

On 26. 8. 2022 at 8:41 PM, FawltyPowers said:

Precisely, I enter a user ID and it pulls in the trophy log pages one by one, obtains each games trophy list, owners etc and then creates various sheets. Subsequent runs just pull through any new trophies, dlc additions and every now and then I update all rarity statistics. All done in Excel.

There's probably a lot more nuance to this. You need to also visit every unique trophy list too, right? Where do the "unachievable" trophies come from?

On 28/08/2022 at 6:29 PM, HusKy said:

There's probably a lot more nuance to this. You need to also visit every unique trophy list too, right? Where do the "unachievable" trophies come from?

It's not too bad, all trophy lists I default to "Offline", then I have a repository of trophies that are "Online" and "Unachievable". It's the only part that is manual, aside from being able to add games to a backlog, build a planner and then have a progress sheet where you can add detail such as collectables, or % progress. I don't think I could have gotten through the Uncharted grinds back in 2014/15 without them.

Online / Offline / Unachievable would be a terrific addition to have to this site, though it obviously requires maintenance, plenty of willing volunteers though. I'm sure many people would love to know their maximum achievable completion. Mine is 99.91%

2 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

It's not too bad, all trophy lists I default to "Offline", then I have a repository of trophies that are "Online" and "Unachievable". It's the only part that is manual, aside from being able to add games to a backlog, build a planner and then have a progress sheet where you can add detail such as collectables, or % progress. I don't think I could have gotten through the Uncharted grinds back in 2014/15 without them.

Online / Offline / Unachievable would be a terrific addition to have to this site, though it obviously requires maintenance, plenty of willing volunteers though. I'm sure many people would love to know their maximum achievable completion. Mine is 99.91%

me too, this should be added