Tales of Xillia 2 delisted on the eu stores?

ThePhatMatt

I was looking through the games on sale and saw Tales of Xillia was on sale, but I couldn't see Xillia 2. I also couldn't find it with a search, so I had to go to my download list.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0700-NPEB01858_00-TALESOFXILLIA2DC

That's the uk store page. Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but I couldn't find anything about it being delisted

10 minutes ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

That's odd, there were same creators on both, right? just thinking about possible licence disagreements or something. 

Ya, I think that it's even the same studio and I don't remember anything that would be copyright from someone else other then the Idolmaster dlc costumes.. 

Really odd.. 

The only other thing that could be a copyright problem would be the theme song, but sincerely I don't even remember the song, so I don't know if that could be the problem. 

I say the song because in Zisteria they only used the instrumental version in the international releases instead of the full voiced version from the Japan release. Not sure why they did that too. 

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, I think that it's even the same studio and I don't remember anything that would be copyright from someone else other then the Idolmaster dlc costumes.. 

Really odd.. 

The only other thing that could be a copyright problem would be the theme song, but sincerely I don't even remember the song, so I don't know if that could be the problem. 

I say the song because in Zisteria they only used the instrumental version in the international releases instead of the full voiced version from the Japan release. Not sure why they did that too. 

Yeah, but usually they have an agreement with what content is used for which title, it's the same as Kingdom Hearts acquiring permission for the Tarzan level, it was for that title, it ran out by Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories so they couldn't show anything about that world, but I'm assuming any HD versions of the game it's safe to use and they don't need permission or anything, so I thought maybe songs would be the same. If you find out, let me know. 

4 minutes ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

Yeah, but usually they have an agreement with what content is used for which title, it's the same as Kingdom Hearts acquiring permission for the Tarzan level, it was for that title, it ran out by Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories so they couldn't show anything about that world, but I'm assuming any HD versions of the game it's safe to use and they don't need permission or anything, so I thought maybe songs would be the same. If you find out, let me know. 

Actually I think that with any HD versions they are required to get new licenses too. 

That's why most games get "remixed" soundtracks. 

Also, music in Japan is a bigger problem, that was why FF Type-0 had any cutscene with the main theme in it with video share blocked.. 

Also Persona 5 and Tales of Zisteria have video share block at all times for some similarly odd reasons. 

1 minute ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Actually I think that with any HD versions they are required to get new licenses too. 

That's why most games get "remixed" soundtracks. 

Also, music in Japan is a bigger problem, that was why FF Type-0 had any cutscene with the main theme in it with video share blocked.. 

Also Persona 5 and Tales of Zisteria have video share block at all times for some similarly odd reasons. 

Oh, I didn't know they're required to get new licences with HD versions. And yeah.. you don't have to tell me about music in Japan, 2 bands I like: Puffy Ami Yumi and SCANDAL was on Youtube for the UK but now have both removed all of their songs for the UK except for some very specific ones. 

17 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

This would be kinda strange though. As the artist for both Xillias is Ayumi Hamasaki ("progress" for the first game, "Song 4 U" for the second one). Honestly I don't think that they used another contract with a lower runtime for the second installment. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

This would be kinda strange though. As the artist for both Xillias is Ayumi Hamasaki ("progress" for the first game, "Song 4 U" for the second one). Honestly I don't think that they used another contract with a lower runtime for the second installment. 

Then that's really odd.. And ya, we would expect it to be the other way around.. 

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Can't speak about Zesty, but P5 had the block simply because Atlus wanted to prevent spoilers.

I always had a hard time buying that story.. With all the trailers that they did, they themselves spoiled quite a bit of the story (that's why I was dodging any P5 info back then). 

35 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

If we own the game (digital), is there any issue? I downloaded it a month ago but haven't played yet

It's super duper special ultra rare for something that has been marked as "Purchased" on your account to be removed from your download list, so long as you're willing to go through the trouble of wading through it, even if you can't find the game on the store. The only example of all time I can name is P.T. Much less if you've already downloaded on your console, there is no way for them to block it, unless it was PS+ and therefore has an expiration timer on it, which this isn't.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

That is weird, on playstation store NA the game is available, if really exist a problem with Xillia 2, maybe is  just with EU store but I don't think so.

Huh. You're right, but so is OP, there's no such thing as Xillia 2 in the EU store right now, but it's there in NA. Users with NA accounts might want to consider the possibility that their version is soon to follow.

10 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Huh. You're right, but so is OP, there's no such thing as Xillia 2 in the EU store right now, but it's there in NA. Users with NA accounts might want to consider the possibility that their version is soon to follow.

Couple of days ago I saw both Xillia and Xillia 2 for 20€, if you can get the platinum without DLC help maybe I should buy it now if something will happen with Xillia 2. ?

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

It's super duper special ultra rare for something that has been marked as "Purchased" on your account to be removed from your download list, so long as you're willing to go through the trouble of wading through it, even if you can't find the game on the store. The only example of all time I can name is P.T. Much less if you've already downloaded on your console, there is no way for them to block it, unless it was PS+ and therefore has an expiration timer on it, which this isn't.

This... P.T. is the only example. Other games were (temporarily?) removed from accounts but because they were used for piracy-related exploits on PSP/Vita.

In some cases they were removed from accounts because of bugs or whatever lol. You could recover them by contacting the customer service and prove that you owned it.

Well, technically even P.T. wasn't removed from anyone's download list. If you go to your library on PS4, it'll still be there, but the system will not download it. I suspect that they actually just removed the files themselves but did not touch the licenses, as that's more of a complicated way of going about removing the game from existence. If they had actually revoked the licenses, people who still had the demo on their consoles wouldn't be able to play it.

Either way, they generally never touch licenses, so a delisting from the store just means that the game will be unavailable for purchase.

On 28/08/2018 at 11:41 AM, AlchemistWer said:

Couple of days ago I saw both Xillia and Xillia 2 for 20€, if you can get the platinum without DLC help maybe I should buy it now if something will happen with Xillia 2. 1f605.png

Neither games require DLC for the plat. It's just a bunch of cosmetics.