New Game + Trophy Discussion

EphemeralEcho

On 9/1/2018 at 2:17 AM, rdhight said:

It would be so much less annoying if they would just tell you what they're planning to add. So many of these companies hide their DLC roadmap like it's the nuclear launch codes!

At the beginning they said they were going to launch 3 dlc's, never mentioned the infamous mode. but it is also not a reason to worry about, as long as you use mars dlc weapons to play the game,  you dont need any friend to help in whatever mission. I'm in the middle of the game and i only died once ( trying to save my partner )

• Like 1

This trophy is a bit difficult but with the help of Homeopathic's you can get these bunker and boss fights done quickly.

I've noticed people in Far Cry 5 completely forget that the Homeopathic category even exists as 'The Furious' and 'Ultimate Survivor' are the most helpful.

• Like 2

On 07/09/2018 at 2:27 PM, Bluslinky said:

This trophy is a bit difficult but with the help of Homeopathic's you can get these bunker and boss fights done quickly.

I've noticed people in Far Cry 5 completely forget that the Homeopathic category even exists as 'The Furious' and 'Ultimate Survivor' are the most helpful.

I really wish I had read this before I had already finished my infamous playthrough! You’re right I had completely forgotten all about the homeopathic items! 

• 4 weeks later...

I've helped 15+ people get the Infamous trophy but yeah it  has definitely been patched now, the past 4 I've tried with it hasn't popped, it's easy enough anyway with Mars weapons and razing the land using a helicopter.

29 minutes ago, Sellers said:

I've helped 15+ people get the Infamous trophy but yeah it  has definitely been patched now, the past 4 I've tried with it hasn't popped, it's easy enough anyway with Mars weapons and razing the land using a helicopter.

Cheers Sellers. any chance of doing this bullshit with a retail copy without installing any updates? Or is the latest patch essential to even be able to play coop? 

16 minutes ago, NathanDarko said:

Cheers Sellers. any chance of doing this bullshit with a retail copy without installing any updates? Or is the latest patch essential to even be able to play coop? 

Nah since you can't even go online without the latest update, and NG+ infamous was added by a previous update too, so it can only be done legit now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sellers said:

Nah since you can't even go online without the latest update, and NG+ infamous was added by a previous update too, so it can only be done legit now.

okay pal thanks for the heads up. ?

Another game will stay on 98%ish percent just like Horizon Zero Dawn. No intention to play a game twice. This NG+ trophy trend nowadays is cancer -.- 

Adds shit to the experience of a game, only waste of fucking time. *deleted*

• 2 weeks later...

god damn, was hoping i can join a session on the last mission... wanted to finish Kingdom Hearts first and then move on to FC5. seems like i have to play it the old way -.-

you guys are 100% sure on that bug is fix? i've heard the trophy pops up for some users after the endcredits...

I totally only just seen this trophy right at the bottom of the list. I too am not very pleased with having to complete the game all over again on a higher difficulty. The base difficulty can be a pain in the ass at times, especially on certain missions where there is a gross influx of enemies on you at 1 time without any medkits. The only real way to effectively play the game is stealth it out with a silencer and a bow. I guess I'll have to use this same strategy but even more sensitive on this NG+ playthrough.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6-9-2018 at 4:08 PM, smudgedhorizon said:

I am struggling so much to complete Jacob’s final sacrifice the weak bunker time trial on infamous. I’ve tried so many times I feel like smashing my tv!!! Does anyone know if you can do the time trial bunkers in co-op to make it easier? 

I finished the last time trial today on infamous. My tips:

1. Use takedown + chain takedown on the first 2 enemies and takedown all the enemies during the shotgun part instead of shooting. A takedown gives 8 extra seconds instead of 4 seconds with gun or 6 seconds with headshot. This gives you a lot more time to finish the harder parts with a lot of enemies later on. I think I had 20-30 seconds left in the end.
  2. Turn on all aim assists, this way you can quickscope enemies. Just aim in the direction of the enemy, zoom in and immediately shoot a few short rounds. The aim assist makes the reticule lock on the enemies. Works very well on all enemies except the ones that are on high ground behind a wall, for those it's a bit of luck if the trick works and hits the head.
  3. Sprint as much as you can. Every part in between gunfights, sprint instead of walking, it saves so much time! I saw a video of someone doing it without running on easy or normal difficulty and he barely made the time because of it.

Warning from experience:

At the end you also have to choose 'resist', if you choose 'walk away' the trophy doesn't pop.

Using homeopathics makes the fight after choosing resist a bit easier, the controls are just a bit annoying to select and use them. The mars weapon also makes things a lot easier, without that, I would'nt made it through that fight.

Edited by Kolm

On 1/19/2019 at 10:17 AM, Kolm said:

Warning from experience:

At the end you also have to choose 'resist', if you choose 'walk away' the trophy doesn't pop.

i confirm that, the trophy didnt pop walking away for me. resist worked after credits. came on here to share that

my tips

-besides taking 3 days (at slow relaxed pace with no rush) it wasnt that bad. the first region is easy. nonstop playing u might do it in a 1day or day n half
-i unlocked boomer to fetch me ammo, and the airplane guy to handle planes that start coming in the 2nd and 3rd district
-i used the lmg mostly, sniper with silencer, and a smg with silencer
-with perks i went up to 12 health kits, the rest i dumped on larger lmg ammo, a few on bombs and smg ammo but not much
-at the second district i used the helicopter until the end. i flew spot to spot and wiped out the alarms with my rockets, then gunned everyone down. clears everythiing
-the 2nd district faith seed female boss was what i worried about the most before hand, i made sure i had tons of  defense potions as well as enemy spot potions, i kept bunny hopping to avoid her and then LMG gunned her. it has some save points fighting her so it wasnt as bad as i thought. but immediately use the defense potion
-the 3rd boss when you have to destroy the generators i did the same, used all my potions because i had tons, slowly took my time going to each one

- those stupid timer rooms you keep spawning in you will die fast they are annoying, isntead of grabbing the gun off the table on the first 2 chair guys i chose 2 takedowns which gave me slightly more time. i somewhat rushed carefully until you go outside where theres about 8 enemies with the parked cars. this is the hardest part. i looked at my time and went behind the barrier carefully picking the guys off one by one. next room you get the lmg so you can kind of start to rush again to clear time

-besides that its not as bad as i feared. you will die fast, but my dog revived me everytime. but usually i was in the heli so they didnt even have time to kill me. ive played alot of other games that were alot harder. all the perks and guns carrying over was a enormous advantage. to be honest the mars dlc was wayyyyyy harder. hose stupid mars aliens swarming you everytime you tried picking up loot sucked!

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2018 at 0:05 PM, SirShavesALot said:

If you have played and completed the Mars DLC then you will have full access to the weapons from that.  Simply use the "Tazer Spazer Annihilazer" and you won't ever have to worry about ammo or damage.  It's basically a OHK on all enemies.

This is incorrect, you don't even need to have started the DLC to use the weapons in the campaign. As long as the DLC is at least installed, you can use them.

As mentioned by many others though as well, the Mars DLC weapons are a must for the Infamous play through, specifically the Tazer Spazer Annihilazer as mentioned. It pretty much makes Faith and the Father's boss fights a walk in the park - Faith's fight took less than 2 minutes for me minus cut scenes.

It's honestly not very difficult at all. Most enemies still die in one hit to head shots and any of the tougher ones melt in one second via the laser beam of the tazer gun. Not to mention it takes down helicopters, planes, and armoured/regular vehicles in seconds!

3 hours ago, rammsteinDUDE99 said:

I have a question. I want to play a new game+ playthrough with a friend of mine from beginning to end, but I'm no sure if both of us will get the trophy or only the host. I assume both of us but just want to be sure. Hope some can clearify this for me.

This is a tough one to answer, but maybe there'll be someone who knows better than me that can build on this... but from what I know they recently patched it so that someone with an Infamous save cannot give the trophy to someone else who joins their game so I would hazard a guess at no. Only the person who is the host will receive it.

That being said I believe this was to counteract people allowing someone to play the last mission only and get the trophy - if you play the whole way through it may be different.

3 hours ago, rammsteinDUDE99 said:

I have a question. I want to play a new game+ playthrough with a friend of mine from beginning to end, but I'm no sure if both of us will get the trophy or only the host. I assume both of us but just want to be sure. Hope some can clearify this for me.

Trophies and progression is only for host.

31 minutes ago, VitaRG said:

Trophies and progression is only for host.

Not necessarily I've read several very recent reports that aslong as the person besides the host has at least started infamous and liberated dutches island (thus unlocking multiplayer for that run) both should get it upon completion. The trophy itself does not sat host only like the others but then again I could be wrong and those folks either are lying, didn't actually do it and are blowing smoke, or I dunno

• Like 1

• 2 months later...