New Game + Trophy Discussion

EphemeralEcho

On 2019-02-13 at 6:32 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Not necessarily I've read several very recent reports that aslong as the person besides the host has at least started infamous and liberated dutches island (thus unlocking multiplayer for that run) both should get it upon completion. The trophy itself does not sat host only like the others but then again I could be wrong and those folks either are lying, didn't actually do it and are blowing smoke, or I dunno

Is there anyone else who has done this recently and can confirm this? I can’t find anything after late Feb/early March confirming that joining someone with an Infamous save will unlock the trophy for the guest.

56 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Is there anyone else who has done this recently and can confirm this? I can’t find anything after late Feb/early March confirming that joining someone with an Infamous save will unlock the trophy for the guest.

I can further confirm it because both me and my girlfriend played the whole game in co op (besides the opening and dutches island) and both got the trophy. Only thing is only the host maintains progress so the second player can't just solo the rest they must stay in co op with the host if they leave host has to invite them back into their game

Edited by Taliesin_2943

Thank you both for the confirmation!

18 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I can further confirm it because both me and my girlfriend played the whole game in co op (besides the opening and dutches island) and both got the trophy. Only thing is only the host maintains progress so the second player can't just solo the rest they must stay in co op with the host if they leave host has to invite them back into their game

Thats good to know. Does it save any sort of progress for the guest after you actually beat the game together?

If I end up finding someone to help me quickly unlock the infamous trophy, I was hoping I would have a completed saved game so I could pay it forward and help others. But I’m thinking that might not be possible unless you play through the entire campaign again solo/as the host? :(

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Thank you both for the confirmation!

Thats good to know. Does it save any sort of progress for the guest after you actually beat the game together?

If I end up finding someone to help me quickly unlock the infamous trophy, I was hoping I would have a completed saved game so I could pay it forward and help others. But I’m thinking that might not be possible unless you play through the entire campaign again solo/as the host? :(

If you are the host then you keep the progress but if your wanting to pay it forward as in help people who have only liberated dutches island to just cheese to the last level immidialy you need a save file right before or immidialy after the final battle I'm not sure where it saves but u can try for both.  A completed save won't do you any good tho because it'll only unlock after you reach the bunker at the end and ur partner must be there for that and a completed save all be past that

16 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If you are the host then you keep the progress but if your wanting to pay it forward as in help people who have only liberated dutches island to just cheese to the last level immidialy you need a save file right before or immidialy after the final battle I'm not sure where it saves but u can try for both.  A completed save won't do you any good tho because it'll only unlock after you reach the bunker at the end and ur partner must be there for that and a completed save all be past that

Thank you for the clarification my friend.