Recipe Collector and Ingredient Collector

MidnightDragon

Not sure. I've beaten the game and squeezed everything possible out of the areas I can access and there are a few things of note. 

1) I have 90/100 recipes.

2) I have 135/160 ingredients. (Different types, not rarities so it's not really RNG)

3) I have scoured every area open to the player at the point of post game.

4) There is a bridge at the end of the road which simply says "I shouldn't wander too far for now..." Or something similar. It is the same message presented when the player attempts to access areas that are not open to them yet in early-game. 

This leads me to believe that there are two possibilities:
1- There is some sort of secret condition locking me out of the final area with the last 25 ingredients and 10 recipes

2- The last bridge is bugged and I cannot pass so I'm screwed

I don't think the game is glitched(at least I hope it isn't)

I'm also in post game and there really seems to be nothing I can find. I have 141/160 ingredients, 357/400 fragments, and 84 recipes. 

Is there a hidden area perhaps? Or do you get more ingredients on the map if you fill out that Secret slot in each recipe?

That bridge looks to be for lore purposes. It's where the NPCs come from. 

I got a fairly rare ingredient called XO Sauce from those dragon holes, I'm thinking there might be quite a few in those in the game but not enough that would explain the large chunk of ingredients we are missing.

Edit pt.2- So I rechecked my fragments, and I'm missing exactly the amount of recipes that I need with the fragments, so there is exactly 10 recipe complete recipes somewhere on the map.

Found a small hidden rock alcove that had some of the recipe fragments I was missing as well but that didn't have any materials or anything else.

Edited by Nooterman
Recipe count.
  • Like 1

Ok...good know that it seems like it just hasn't been done yet, instead of being glitched.  And that you can keep playing after the story, so I can just play at my own pace for now.   I just started today and haven't played much, but I did notice the staff at the cafe giving recipe/recipe fragments when I talk to them sometimes, so I've been constantly talking to them as I play.

@Nooterman Glad you found the alcove! At least our recipe totals match. I guess I just have bad luck with the ingredients bit... I just realized something. There are 10 recipes missing and there are 10 characters you help through the course of the story. Maybe if you catch them in the cafe post-game they give you a recipe? I'll test this theory after I'm hope from work and catch last night's episode of Better Call Saul. 

@DoctorBaofu I did notice that as well and would make it a point to talk to each of them constantly so I got many recipes and fragments this way. 

Has anyone had any luck with this yet? I hit postgame earlier today, I've talked talking to all my cafe employees multiple times, as well as the NPCs from previous stories. Talked to them both inside the cafe, and on the road as they walk towards your cafe, nobody seems to be giving me recipes or  fragments.. :(

5 hours ago, lullabymysmist said:

Has anyone had any luck with this yet? I hit postgame earlier today, I've talked talking to all my cafe employees multiple times, as well as the NPCs from previous stories. Talked to them both inside the cafe, and on the road as they walk towards your cafe, nobody seems to be giving me recipes or  fragments.. :(

I haven't finished yet.  I'm on chapter 8 at the moment.  The only things I can think of for recipe fragments is from staff members and the ones that wash up on the beaches.  I've found several on beaches(different ones at different times from the same beaches), but I have no idea if those show up during specific chapters, or if they are random, or what.  If it's not either of those, then I have no idea where you get the rest of the recipes.

As for the ingredients, the only thing I can think is that some of them are extremely rare and you just have to keep harvesting until you get them.  I don't see anywhere else I could explore on the island since I can fly now.  I feel like I've been everywhere, except the small holes that I can't go in anymore for now(I assume you can again later, because some are in places you have to fly to reach).

If there is some location that I, or anyone else apparently, just haven't been to, or seen, then it must be really well hidden.  Once I finish the story, I'm probably just going to send it back to Gamefly and move on.  Maybe buy it super cheap, or rent it again, sometime in the future to finish it up.  If it turns out not to be glitched and people do get the platinum at some point, that is.

Edited by DoctorBaofu

On 8/27/2018 at 8:58 PM, Nooterman said:

I got a fairly rare ingredient called XO Sauce from those dragon holes, I'm thinking there might be quite a few in those in the game but not enough that would explain the large chunk of ingredients we are missing.

I think you're onto something with the dragon holes.  When I was playing the game I kept thinking "how would I have got my baby dragon all the way up here?"  And when you beat the game it does say you can feed the dragon different foods to change his size.  But I'm at the end game and have less than you guys are saying you have so I'm getting discouraged here.

There was a patch out today, said it fixed something NPC dialog trees. I tried searching around again to see if anything changed. Talked to NPCs, changed dragon size and walked around, searched around everywhere, still no dice. Even went to see if there was something hidden in NPC dialog.

Also I'm still missing a recipe fragment for egg in golden sauce, I guess I didn't notice it. If anyone would have any idea where that would be would be awesome to know.

Apparently that patch was also to rectify a bug with the rhytym game, where arrows wouldnt show up. People are finding more ingredients, believe the screenshot by a user on the PSN community shows someone with 158/160 ingredients, but still 90/100 recipes, also people have tweeted at Aksys regarding the glitch, the response on twitter was something along the lines of "Just keep flying around and you'll find what your looking for."

I just finished the story.  Ended with 132 ingredients and 77 restored recipes.  I have no desire to figure out the stuff about changing the dragon's size to check those holes, especially since I know it won't get me the last of the trophies anyways.  I fed him the only dish I have that has the word "Zucchi" in it and it did nothing. 

Good luck to anyone trying to find the rest of the stuff.  I'm sticking it in the mail tomorrow to try and get Spider-Man.

Well....I just synched my trophies up as I was typing this out and I see someone has found all the ingredients.  It's at 0.1% now.  Still 0% on the recipes, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at 150/160 ingredients, 91/100 recipes, and 364/400 fragments.

3 of those ingredients I got from visitors to the cafe and I've so far been inable to find them from any sources on the map.  One of those was a fish I had not caught before.
The "dragon holes" mentioned earlier have been another source of new ingredients.  So far I have found 13 total in the game.

I've randomly picked some bush/rock/fishing sources and fertilized them 3 times and received a new ingredient, so I suppose it's just a matter of exploring all possible sources.  That's going to be tedious.

I do have a list compiled of all 150 ingredients I've encountered so far.  Perhaps if I knew which ones I was missing I could know where to concentrate my searches.

As for the last 9 recipes, I have no idea.  I've repeatedly talked to every staff member, mum, Pappy, and every cafe patron and no joy in being given any more recipes.

@Fryerisgod, do you know how to get the NPCs to show up more often? Huey and Poncho show up twice a day for me almost every day, but I'm lucky if I get Lanche or Zeff once every 3-4 days. I've tried putting the story-line items on the menu as well as foods that have the qualities they like (all the NPCs say something about food taste, temperature, and texture), but it doesn't seem to matter.

I have Poncho, Huey, Rosetta, and Celis's recipes (that's the order in which I received them).

There is no way to get them to show up.  What I did was save scum to not waste ingredients.  I would sleep and then if I didn't get at least 3 npcs in a day I would reload and try again.  An NPc visiting twice in one day counted towards the three.  When I had 6 recipes I would settle for 2 a day.

5 hours ago, Fryerisgod said:

There is no way to get them to show up.  What I did was save scum to not waste ingredients.  I would sleep and then if I didn't get at least 3 npcs in a day I would reload and try again.  An NPc visiting twice in one day counted towards the three.  When I had 6 recipes I would settle for 2 a day.

Dang.... thanks for confirming -_-;

I'm finding that I can just talk to Ipanema so that she doesn't take orders rather than do a reset. The dialogue will stay open for about 1.5 in-game hours while all other NPCs move as normal. Billy and Rin/Ren don't take many orders.

The good news is... with all this downtime just waiting for NPCs to appear, I'm about 85% done with an ingredients guide, complete with screenshots....

Hey all,  

i have 360/400 fragments and 90/100 Recipes. Is these the remaining recipes you get from the STORY NPCs? I have been trying to constantly wait till they show up and eat and run but after 3 days of just watching this game play I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong or missing something else? Please help me get these last 10 recipes. 

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to get the recipe during the NPC storyline? I'm on the witch one now and was wondering how that worked.

Also, do you personally have to take their orders for it to count toward the amount needed? Or personally serve?

Edited by Elvick_