PhantomFear94

Gaming Confessions 2.0

45 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

 

Well, call me weird and pathetic, too (everyone else does). I hate, hate, HATE lazy trophy art. I can take horrible trophy art if it shows a modicum of effort (see, e.g., the terrible looking images on Cast of the Seven Godsends). But game that just double the same tile over and over? SCREW THOSE GUYS!! JRPGs are particularly bad about this.

What hell is wrong with people😅 I dont think that you are pathetic at all. And yeah its so boring if trophy art is bad. Also I hate If the plat is named platinum trophy, pls game creators use your brains :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2018 at 8:06 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm annoyed at horrible trophy images too. Having beautiful images, like the ones below, just feels like the developers put some effort into rewarding players for playing the game.

 

  Hide contents

1L302bb8.png1Le7ed9e.png1L84a87b.png1L5afca3.png1L010a29.png1L806366.png1Lc0b30d.png1L6d0765.png1Lca7734.png1L6b0b82.png

 

 

Holy crap, that one with the cherry blossoms is so pretty, what game is it from?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So okay this one time

 

I have

 

played on an Xbox.

 

😣

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have begun to search out trophy lists before I will consider buying a game. Trophy difficulty must be below a 5 for me to consider getting it.... and hardly any/no online trophies....

 

It pains me to see so many games on my trophy list with a grade lower than an A.

 

I will not begin a new game until my completion stat is 60% or better.

 

I have hidden 5 games off my trophy list because they are now deemed impossible to plat.

 

And poor trophy art...... don't get me started.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mega-loath speedruns.  I can't do speedruns.  I can't watch speedruns.  I mean literally, my friends have banned me from watching speedruns.  I just set there and complain about how they're missing everything and it irritates me to no end.  Kingdom Hearts has a lenient speedrun trophy that I will probably never do.  Muramasa has one I'll never do.  Final Fantasy IX technically has a speedrun trophy and I've played that game many times and have never gotten Excalabur II and I don't care to.  I don't like rushing.

 

Which leads to confession two, I like grinding.  In every RPG ever, even Dark Souls, you can beat every opponent just by having bigger numbers.  And not just experience, skill points too.  I don't ever run from a fight.  Even if it gives like 2 XP and I need 500k to level up, I'll kill it.  Most games have a secondary XP for jobs or whatever.  

 

And I like being purposely overpowered, boarding on gamebreaking.  It's fun to me.

 

Now I have a half confession.  Seeing all that, it might be surprising that I like low level runs.  It takes me out of my comfort zone.  It makes me use items and tactics I would've never used before.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Holy crap, that one with the cherry blossoms is so pretty, what game is it from?

It's Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy. The game is the least fun out of all Experience Inc. games I've played so far (which are Demon Gaze, Demon Gaze II, Ray Gigant, and Operation Abyss, these are sorted from best to worst), but the plat image is by far the best.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like games in alphabetical order and games that look clean like 

Alice: Madness Returns
Mary Skelter: Nightmares 
BioShock

...they are all clean titles but then there's some which actually says "trophy" in the title, PSNProfiles cleans it up so I can't give an example but I know the Blazblue collection does it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ekenier said:

Now I have a half confession.  Seeing all that, it might be surprising that I like low level runs.  It takes me out of my comfort zone.  It makes me use items and tactics I would've never used before.

Doesn't that partially applies to speedruns too? Those usually are low level runs too, only with the addition of going through it as fast as possible.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Doesn't partially applies to speedruns too? Those usually are low level runs too, only with the addition of going through it as fast as possible.

 

Speed runs break the game and don't even do most of it.  Low level runs do the whole thing, just really weak.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

I like games in alphabetical order and games that look clean like 

Alice: Madness Returns
Mary Skelter: Nightmares 
BioShock

...they are all clean titles but then there's some which actually says "trophy" in the title, PSNProfiles cleans it up so I can't give an example but I know the Blazblue collection does it. 

 

I hate this too!  As you can tell I'm very funny when it comes to order, titles, artwork etc. 

 

When game has "trophy set" or "trophies" in the trophy list it really grinds my gears.  I play Xbox too, and its worse on there.  Most episodic games have Ep 1: Name as a subtitle for Ep. 1 beside the game tile art (i.e. Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode 1 Wake) which looks super ugly and looks weird because obviously there are 4-6 episodes normally.   PUBG is "PlayerUnknown's Battleground - Full Product Release.", and NieR: Automata is "NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EDITION.  Very insignificant thing, but it looks so messy 😶.  To counteract, achievement tile art is NORMALLY nicer than trophy tile art IMO. 

 

I also hate it when games have a subtitle but don't put a ":".  My 2nd game of all time, BioShock Infinite should be BioShock: Infinite IMO.   Idk, I need help haha.

Edited by phantomfear9494
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 0:57 PM, phantomfear9494 said:

 

I hate this too!  As you can tell I'm very funny when it comes to order, titles, artwork etc. 

 

When game has "trophy set" or "trophies" in the trophy list it really grinds my gears.  I play Xbox too, and its worse on there.  Most episodic games have Ep 1: Name as a subtitle for Ep. 1 beside the game tile art (i.e. Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode 1 Wake) which looks super ugly and looks weird because obviously there are 4-6 episodes normally.   PUBG is "PlayerUnknown's Battleground - Full Product Release.", and NieR: Automata is "NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS EDITION.  Very insignificant thing, but it looks so messy 1f636.png.  To counteract, achievement tile art is NORMALLY nicer than trophy tile art IMO. 

 

I also hate it when games have a subtitle but don't put a ":".  My 2nd game of all time, BioShock Infinite should be BioShock: Infinite IMO.   Idk, I need help haha.

I completely understand this, I've never really thought about that with BioShock but I have been thinking about Horizon Zero Dawn. Is it meant to be Horizon: Zero Dawn? Also I know I said I like it when games are in alphabetical order but I wish games with sequels were in order of release, like Kingdom Hearts, that's all over the place with the titles and it's really ugly on the trophy list. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 4:13 PM, Gumby114 said:

I have begun to search out trophy lists before I will consider buying a game. Trophy difficulty must be below a 5 for me to consider getting it.... and hardly any/no online trophies....

 

It pains me to see so many games on my trophy list with a grade lower than an A.

 

I will not begin a new game until my completion stat is 60% or better.

 

I have hidden 5 games off my trophy list because they are now deemed impossible to plat.

 

And poor trophy art...... don't get me started.

 

You have Batman: Arkham Knight. Those community challenges I would put a 6 or 7 in difficulty. You going to ignore them?

 

If those pain you that much, work on the trophies to earn an A rank. 

 

Finish what you have before you add another game. 

 

What does hiding games that are unobtainable really accomplish?

 

Poor trophy art doesn’t mean the game is bad. It just means someone was lazy in making creative avatars for the trophies.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hideous trophy art hurts me on an emotional level. Especially on lists where the tile is the same image for the whole list but different colours, but the platinum is the same image with an extra tiny detail, like a dot or a border.

 

I really enjoy beating people at multiplayer games and then revealing that I am indeed, a lady, via voice chat. The offense that 'you got beat by a girl' causes is just delicious and I absorb the rage and tears as nourishment. It's even better when they come out with 'I let you win' because then I can goad them into another round and beat them again when they've claimed they're 'not going to go easy' on me. I did this with my ex and Mario Kart and he just refused to play with me after a few races.

Edited by Asvinia
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Asvinia said:

Hideous trophy art hurts me on an emotional level. Especially on lists where the tile is the same image for the whole list but different colours, but the platinum is the same image with an extra tiny detail, like a dot or a border.

 

That didn't stop Uncharted: Drakes Fortune from being a great game. But granted it was the first game to have a platinum trophy, so couldn't really blame the developers.

 

I played Killzone: Mercenary recently and it's trophy list consisted of the same images for bronze, silver and gold respectively. Personally I couldn't give a rat's ass how ugly the trophy art is, because most trophy art I see in a lot of games isn't that good anyway.

 

Assassins Creed 2 still has good trophy images, despite the game being 9 years old now. I think it's still the only game in the franchise that used actual images from within the game rather than just symbols and icons.

 

I tested Assassins Creed Origins and I will admit it's a pretty solid game, but the trophy icons are just symbols.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spaz said:

 

That didn't stop Uncharted: Drakes Fortune from being a great game. But granted it was the first game to have a platinum trophy, so couldn't really blame the developers.

 

Assassins Creed 2 still has good trophy images, despite the game being 9 years old now. I think it's still the only game in the franchise that used actual images from within the game rather than just symbols and icons.

 

I tested Assassins Creed Origins and I will admit it's a pretty solid game, but the trophy icons are just symbols.

 

Of course not, terrible trophy art doesn't mean a game can't be great, we're just grumbling about how boring or downright ugly some of it looks. Demon Gaze is the one that comes to mind for me. Yay cogs, different coloured cogs and the plat is blue cogs, great.. doesn't stop the game being fun at all, it just would've been nice if they'd maybe put some concept art as trophy images or prettied it up in some way.

 

The trophy art for Assassin's Creeds Brotherhood - Syndicate is terribly ugly and I find it disappointing. I think Origins has got pretty good trophy art, the colours go well and the images aren't bad. I thought it was a step up from the usual AC trophies anyway lol. They look like they were made as more than a last minute "Hey Tony, don't forget to make the trophy images."

 

All in all though it doesn't really matter, it's just petty grumbling and doesn't take away from the games at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Asvinia said:

 

Of course not, terrible trophy art doesn't mean a game can't be great, we're just grumbling about how boring or downright ugly some of it looks. Demon Gaze is the one that comes to mind for me. Yay cogs, different coloured cogs and the plat is blue cogs, great.. doesn't stop the game being fun at all, it just would've been nice if they'd maybe put some concept art as trophy images or prettied it up in some way.

 

The trophy art for Assassin's Creeds Brotherhood - Syndicate is terribly ugly and I find it disappointing. I think Origins has got pretty good trophy art, the colours go well and the images aren't bad. I thought it was a step up from the usual AC trophies anyway lol. They look like they were made as more than a last minute "Hey Tony, don't forget to make the trophy images."

 

All in all though it doesn't really matter, it's just petty grumbling and doesn't take away from the games at all.

 

Or you know, hired some people who are good at Photoshop and are educated in graphic design.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.