How long is this game to 100%?

Extratenzy

I also saw where someone did the math on becoming Emperor and you basically have to put like 140 hours in in a week to even have a shot. And even putting in that time, you have to pray there isn't a guy playing 141 lol.

Here's the schedule that this guy followed to become Emperor...

Emperor-Schedule.png

He only slept like 24 hours that whole week after starting lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

8 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I also saw where someone did the math on becoming Emperor and you basically have to put like 140 hours in in a week to even have a shot. And even putting in that time, you have to pray there isn't a guy playing 141 lol.

Emperor-Schedule.png

I don't consider it worth doing whatsoever but some people were like this for Killzone 2 when the servers were shutting. If any of you want a not so stressful game to platinum that is rarer than The Elder Scrolls Online, I recommend Injustice: Gods Among Us NA PS4 version which is 0.10%... 

Just now, Sergen said:

I don't consider it worth doing whatsoever but some people were like this for Killzone 2 when the servers were shutting. If any of you want a not so stressful game to platinum that is rarer than The Elder Scrolls Online, I recommend Injustice: Gods Among Us NA PS4 version which is 0.10%... 

Yeah, when I saw that guys schedule I was out. I'd like to play it for fun someday, when I have time, but that's as far as it'll ever go.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Emperor-Schedule.png

As of now 623 people have this trophy.  Enticing...

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Maybe so, if someone is solely out for rarity, but a fighting game and an open world RPG are quite different.  

• Like 1

The emperor trophy isn’t as bad now, there are multiple pvp servers, meaning that there’s is multiple emperors, there’s even a <lvl50 server now so with a little dedication it’s definitely a reachable goal .The master fisher trophy is ALOT worse, around 300 hours of very simple fishing...exciting stuff that was. 

• Like 3

On 28.8.2018 at 9:09 PM, Knightmare_1985 said:

The emperor trophy isn’t as bad now, there are multiple pvp servers, meaning that there’s is multiple emperors, there’s even a <lvl50 server now so with a little dedication it’s definitely a reachable goal .The master fisher trophy is ALOT worse, around 300 hours of very simple fishing...exciting stuff that was. 

but you cant do emperor alone or?

• 2 months later...

Hard to give a precise answer if you include dlc. The game is still releasing 4 dlcs per year for the foreseeable future so you would have to revisit frequently. The base game is already tough. Master Angler is a multi-week grind, Emperor in PVP is both grindy and elusive (you can do the grind correctly and still get screwed by others in your alliance if you don’t have a guild helping you take keeps). 

11 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Roughly four billions of hours.

pretty much this, there's some games i'm willing to work the grind on and this isn't one of em.

my limit is probably 250 hours before i start to think it's a lost cause in some circumstances.

think i had something like that in tales of xillia but that was because i was pretty dedicated to completing the plat.

Edited by kingdrake2

On 8/28/2018 at 2:36 PM, tuddeee said:

How about Fortnite plat? :D 0.03 % Rarity

Fortnite is mindlessly easy, it's just a long grind.

They even keep making it easier as time goes along.

They keep releasing OP characters/weapons.

Games been out for over a year so people have had time to level up pretty high so lower players can randomly get carried from time to time if a hgh level joins and they may even give you some guys so after they carry you that mission you'll be able to carry yourself for the next few.

They changed stuff around like having only completed half of the current area counted as completing the whole area.

Cross-play ensures you'll always have people to help you with missions or you can play with your friends regardless of platform for times when you get bored or don't feel compelled to play.

• 3 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 7:59 PM, Datboy1991 said:

The game is still releasing 4 dlcs per year for the foreseeable future so you would have to revisit frequently.

No game currently has more than 128 = 2^7 trophies (Driveclub has exactly that many), so it seems likely that Sony is storing the trophy ID in a signed tinyint (1 byte) datatype. If that's true, no game can ever have more than 128 trophies, and since ESO is already at 114 trophies, they'll have to stop adding new DLC trophies reasonably soon. This is likely why the most recent DLC only had 2 new trophies, rather than 6 like all previous DLCs. If they stick with 2 trophies per DLC from now on, they are restricted to 7 more DLCs with trophies.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2018 at 2:16 PM, KingGuy420 said:

Emperor-Schedule.png

Holy mother of all spirits. I totally respect this dude's serious dedication but this can't be healthy! I mean hey you do you but wow! Where the heck do you even get the time?! But I'm impressed nonetheless!

On 8/28/2018 at 0:09 PM, Knightmare_1985 said:

More misinformation.  Master fisher takes about 100 hours to complete as I already mentioned.  There is a very thorough walkthrough online that says the same thing.  My numbers are based on data i collected personally.  I am 2/3 through the trophy thus far which has created a large enough sample size to give an accurate end estimate on time.

I completed 12 of the 18 zones when I did this math.  Each zone has required on average, 590 bait to complete.  The most bait I've needed for a zone is 866, the fewest bait, 222.  These numbers are consistent with the online walkthrough which does the math on all 18 zones.

On average it takes 20 seconds between the time you cast your bait and the time you real in the fish.  That means 3 casts per minute, on average.

600 casts (rounded up) / (3 casts per minute) = 200 minutes per zone of actual fishing time.

200 minutes * 18 zones = 3600 minutes of actual fishing time.

3600 minutes / 60 minutes = 60 hours of actual fishing time.

How do I and the online walkthrough get to the 100 hour estimate?

I add an estimated travel time of 10 hours.  It will take time to travel from fishing hole to fishing hole, but nowhere near as much time as you'll actually spend fishing.  There are maps online showing exactly where the fishing holes are.

Where does the other 30ish hours come from?... farming the bait.

600 casts per zone = 600 bait per zone.

600 bait per zone * 18 zones = 10800 bait required.

Bait stacks are 200 bait per stack.

10800 / 200 = 54 stacks.

I estimate based on personal experience that farming a stack of 200 bait takes about 30 minutes.  Some types of bait (worms) will take longer, some (crawlers) will take less.  There are spots in the game where all types of bait (except worms) can easily be farmed.

54 stacks of bait * 30 minutes = 1620 minutes

1620 minutes / 60 minutes = 27 hours farming bait.

Some people may disagree with the 30 minute estimate for farming bait stacks. However it is accurate enough especially when you consider that all bait stacks can be purchased through the in game trading guilds with in game gold.  Gold that can be earned while earning other trophies.  Most people farm some bait, and buy some.  Very few people would farm all the bait they need.

60 hours of actual fishing + 10 hours of travel + 27 hours of farming bait = 97 HOURS TO EARN MASTER FISHER.

It should be obvious that since the bait can be purchased in guild traders, that you don't actually have to farm the bait at all.  You can buy all the bait, thus erasing the farming time leaving...

60 hours of actual fishing + 10 hours of travel = 70 hours to earn Master Fisher.

If it took someone 300 hours to earn this trophy, they were doing something very, very wrong, like using the wrong bait type for a given water type.  There is no good reason whatsoever for this trophy to take more than 100 hours. As I have explained and shown, backed up by data I've collected, the trophy can be done in as few as 70 hours.

• Like 1

You’re almost done with the trophy? That’s nice ? I’ve been done with it for years without a guide, and your stats are incomplete, 300 hours is a bit excessive I agree but 100 hours is extremely hopeful especially considering it’s heavily RNG based, not to mention its highly likely nobody would do this without playing other content in between...oh and the kicker, the fishing on the pvp map depends on how many douche bags that come across you while doing it looking fo an easy kill

On 02/03/2019 at 2:35 AM, spawn024 said:

More misinformation.  Master fisher takes about 100 hours to complete as I already mentioned.  There is a very thorough walkthrough online that says the same thing.  My numbers are based on data i collected personally.  I am 2/3 through the trophy thus far which has created a large enough sample size to give an accurate end estimate on time.

I completed 12 of the 18 zones when I did this math.  Each zone has required on average, 590 bait to complete.  The most bait I've needed for a zone is 866, the fewest bait, 222.  These numbers are consistent with the online walkthrough which does the math on all 18 zones.

On average it takes 20 seconds between the time you cast your bait and the time you real in the fish.  That means 3 casts per minute, on average.

600 casts (rounded up) / (3 casts per minute) = 200 minutes per zone of actual fishing time.

200 minutes * 18 zones = 3600 minutes of actual fishing time.

3600 minutes / 60 minutes = 60 hours of actual fishing time.

How do I and the online walkthrough get to the 100 hour estimate?

I add an estimated travel time of 10 hours.  It will take time to travel from fishing hole to fishing hole, but nowhere near as much time as you'll actually spend fishing.  There are maps online showing exactly where the fishing holes are.

Where does the other 30ish hours come from?... farming the bait.

600 casts per zone = 600 bait per zone.

600 bait per zone * 18 zones = 10800 bait required.

Bait stacks are 200 bait per stack.

10800 / 200 = 54 stacks.

I estimate based on personal experience that farming a stack of 200 bait takes about 30 minutes.  Some types of bait (worms) will take longer, some (crawlers) will take less.  There are spots in the game where all types of bait (except worms) can easily be farmed.

54 stacks of bait * 30 minutes = 1620 minutes

1620 minutes / 60 minutes = 27 hours farming bait.

Some people may disagree with the 30 minute estimate for farming bait stacks. However it is accurate enough especially when you consider that all bait stacks can be purchased through the in game trading guilds with in game gold.  Gold that can be earned while earning other trophies.  Most people farm some bait, and buy some.  Very few people would farm all the bait they need.

60 hours of actual fishing + 10 hours of travel + 27 hours of farming bait = 97 HOURS TO EARN MASTER FISHER.

It should be obvious that since the bait can be purchased in guild traders, that you don't actually have to farm the bait at all.  You can buy all the bait, thus erasing the farming time leaving...

60 hours of actual fishing + 10 hours of travel = 70 hours to earn Master Fisher.

If it took someone 300 hours to earn this trophy, they were doing something very, very wrong, like using the wrong bait type for a given water type.  There is no good reason whatsoever for this trophy to take more than 100 hours. As I have explained and shown, backed up by data I've collected, the trophy can be done in as few as 70 hours.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, spawn024 said:

The emperor responses are just silly.  As someone that earned the emperor trophy recently, Feb 2 2019, I can say with certainty, that schedule is total BS. A fiction that someone posted to scare other people from trying. So many people get hung up on that schedule as if the person that created it knew what they were talking about. I doubt the person that made the schedule even earned emperor.

You've earned it recently, as have I. The schedule doesn't apply anymore, but back when that guy made it, it was in 2015 and written for North America's 7 day standard campaign on PC, the guy who made it did become Emperor eventually and also documented a lot of his progress on YouTube. In-fact he used his YouTube audience as a way to help him push the keeps hahaha. This video at least shows him finishing it. My points in regards to this specific quote is that the game environment has changed drastically from when he made that schedule, to now. I guess you could say it is a farce and fiction in the sense that a typical trophy hunter would never have to be that strict, as a trophy hunter would typically use Kyne or Sotha Sil, which are hardly as competitive as Shor or Vivec.

I earned emperor in six days.  i played on average 12 hours a day during that period in Cyrodiil (PvP). I was playing when the campaign reset so I was always near the top of the leaderboard.  On the morning of the third day I dropped to 13th place, mostly cause i didn't play at all on day two.  I kept pushing while others played less or stopped playing altogether.

I don't know how Sotha Sil is, but to not play on a 3rd day of a 7 day campaign would likely give people a lead that can't be beaten, depending on how they feel about becoming emperor themselves. However, 12 hours per day is an accurate time that you can put in and probably comfortably achieve the trophy, a lot of extra hours I spent grinding were to achieve a bigger lead on reset day, but when I woke up I saw that scores hadn't changed from the rest of my alliance.

There was no schedule I followed. I slept when I was tired.  I pushed hard when I wanted to push hard.  I took a day off when i felt like it.  I played in the middle of the night some days.  I played in the middle of the day other days.  That emperor schedule that so many think is accurate is completely meaningless.  Rumor spread by people that don't know what they are talking about.

Aside from the days off, I will agree about sleeping when you feel like it. Funnily enough Emperor improved my sleeping pattern for the week I was doing it, because you end up knowing that the game will be dead from 1am to 8am, so you can sleep at that time... You also need to be awake early in the morning to get a better chance of convincing people to push the keeps.

Make friends if you want to emp.  They will show up to help you emp, and they will back off and let you pass them on the leaderboard after they emp.  After I got emperor, I backed off and let three members of my crew pass me so they could each earn emperor.  The first emperor of the campaign backed off so I could pass him and he showed up to help me emp.

I tried this with the reds in my first attempt of the trophy, they were hardly responsive to what I was asking. But when I joined yellow I was in a group chat with 12 french guys who all wanted emperor, I was #1 before they started playing on the reset day so they let me go first, I then let a guy pass me on the leaderboard and he got Emperor 2 days after me. It is good for people to have this kind of security if they play less than you, the top 4 of our leaderboard were people from the aforementioned group chat and we left the server for a guy who was 5th so he could be #1 as our scores were quite hard to beat by the time we got emperor.

Five different people in my alliance earned emperor during the 30 day campaign, several of them were emperor more than once.  Two of them had full time jobs.  Three of them, (four including me) were part of my regular crew.  All people I had known for less than a month.  I played a lot in Cyrodiil the month before but wasn't going for emperor.  I finished 4th on the leaderboard the month before when I wasn't even pushing for emperor. I met a lot of awesome people who later helped me emp.  A lot of them got online just to help me emp when I messaged them and told them I was #1 on the board.

I had a similar experience in this sense, if Kyne was a 30 day campaign I'm sure anyone who gave a damn about emperor could have gotten it in those 30 days. But I did have nice people on yellow decide to give me good gear that would make me heal better as I was a High Elf Templar and focused all my points into Magicka.

Making emperor requires a hard push at the start of a campaign (around 12 hours a day), or a steady push over several weeks of the campaign, (around 8 hours a day).  More than anything it requires friends, which are easy to make in Cyrodiil.  Invite everyone to your group that types "LFG" (looking for group) into zone chat.  Some of them won't be very good, some of them will be amazing, some will become close friends. Most of them will help you if you're near the top of the board.

Making friends is easy, as long as you aren't trying it with the reds of EU Kyne, who will let you down at every turn :(.

This message is brought to you by someone that actually knows what they are talking about.  As of right now I am the most recent person on PSNprofiles to earn the emperor trophy.

Emperor happens a lot more frequently than people would think, every server every week crowns a new one, most people who get it aren't registered to PSNProfiles and a lot of them are re-doing it on another character and so on.

I apologize for the length of this entry.  However, I'm tired of people that have never earned emperor referencing that emp schedule as if it is somehow accurate.  That schedule is completely false, a farse, a fiction, a fraud, meaningless misinformation.

I have this habit myself, so I apologize for the length of this break-down. It took me a while to get back to you about it, as I'd have wanted to also talk from the perspective of someone who "knows what they're talking about".

Lastly I recommend the Sotha Sil, non CP (Champion Point) campaign if you want emperor.  Most players are afraid to play without their champion points, thus there are less people in Sotha Sil, and less competition.

I have considered Sotha Sil as the server someone would use if they have already earned level 50 and they don't want to make a new character. I'd personally recommend Kyne on the European server, although the blues there can sometimes be ruthless and all their emperors use their buffs unfairly to defend their keeps. Either way, both me and my good friend @Darkette used Kyne to get emperor and we weren't that far apart from each other getting it. I simply waited for him to get the trophy before making an attempt at it myself since he synced it to his trophy list before me.

Spread the word. Stop spreading the lie.

It's the lie now, but back when the schedule was made we couldn't have known how different the game was.

A good majority of your points are agreeable in regards to Emperor, I may get back to you in the future once I have endured the fishing grind, which if possible will be the next thing I attempt on the game. I've found a good way to get worms for the game already, but it requires an alt account.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1