Your Most Underrated Game

Spiersaz

I've been intrested to play more unknown games on PS3. It feels more special whenever you enjoy a game which not many other people have played. So could you tell about some underrated titles? But I would also appreciate if you could tell the flaws about the games so there might be a reason why it's underrated, I would probably still give it a try anyway though.  :awesome:

Edit: It's been a year now since I posted this. I should probably put an underrated game here: Peter Jackson's King Kong The Game.

Edited by Spiersaz
  • Like 1

Singularity- I have no idea why. I loved the SP and the MP (which is dead now) was a lot of fun as well

Beat Hazard Ultra- In my top 3 on PSN. Made from a indie developer in his garage. Sort of like Geometry Wars or Asteroids on acid....to your music

• Like 4

The Cursed Crusade was ok.

I really enjoyed Red Faction: Armageddon, though that's not necessarily the common reaction to it. Speaking of which, Red Faction: Guerrilla was good for me, too. The RF games are pretty wallet-friendly as well!

Page Chronica was pretty interesting, but even though it's a kid's game, the bosses were too hard for me to finish... Never made it past the second boss.

I got MANY hours out of DOOM 3: BFG edition, especially since it comes with DOOM and DOOM II.

Tokyo Jungle was pretty groovy (I'm running out of positive descriptions).

Agree with Deadly Premonition. Just about all aspects of the game are very dated, kinda plays like a very early PS2 game.

(never played it on Xbox but I read the controls had a complete overhaul for the PS3 version, yet they are still not great)

I'd recommend it if you like the sound of a horror themed game with a whodunit story, which hardly takes itself seriously xD

Also the lead character Agent York, thought he was hilarious.

vzzqyr.jpg

Downpour had frame rates issues as previously said but was amazing in the more important aspects so definitely an underrated game.

I would also say the Dead Island series of games are underrated as most people write it off as just another zombie game but it has an interesting story (at times) and it forces you to really consider your choice of weapons for each character.

• Like 1

Spec-Ops the Line. It's more than just a 3rd person shooter, What makes this game in my opinion a must play is the story. It's really involved and intense. Now it's still pretty linear even though there are several situation in which you must decide to do one thing or another. But that doesn't take away from the game.

VANQUISH. This game is all about cool weapons, loads of enemies, awesome environments, and having to do outrageous things like fight 40 foot tall mecha by yourself. To me the main character reminded me a little too much of Snake from MGS for my liking but it wasn't too annoying and the story line is pretty entertaining despite it all. 

Costume Quest. This is one of my favorite PSN games. It's light-hearted and pretty funny. I love the idea of the Halloween Costumes providing the super powers during battle. There's plenty to do but you can still get through it pretty quick. And if you want to DLC is definitely worth it.  

I haven't played them but other members mentioned Tokyo JungleEnslaved Odyssey To The West. These games are on my list and I have heard great things about them both. 

• Like 4

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which was way beyond over shadowed by Skyrim which was released before hand. Great combat system and class/character devolpment. Very unique world and the lore surrounding it reminds me a lot of Morrowind in ways how that was building block of western RPGs in recent years. Can't stress it enough for people to check out this game. One last note that this is what the fable series should have been from the start.

• Like 4

Vanquish

Spec Ops: The Line

The Darkness II

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

This games are great but underrated since they're not advertised and played by many. I hope the games i listed has a sequel, especially Vanquish. Had alot of fun playing that game.

• Like 3

Vanquish

Spec Ops: The Line

The Darkness II

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

This games are great but underrated since they're not advertised and played by many. I hope the games i listed has a sequel, especially Vanquish. Had alot of fun playing that game.

Spec Ops: The Line is so underrated, that some of my friends are like `What is that ?"

• Like 2

Metal Arms: Glitch in system on Gamecube was incredible, look it up guys because I know most of you haven't heard of it.

Majora's Mask - My favourite game of all time, I think most people only now realise how amazing this game was than when it was released. 

White Knight Chronicles 1/2 - These games... the story mode was not as bad as people make them out to be, but the online is incredible. Too bad the servers are closing :(

• Like 1