Your Most Underrated Game

Spiersaz

How is Metal Gear Solid 2 overrated? most of the public hate it, if anything I find MGS2 underrated. It was an absolutely fantastic game, and it's the last good MGS game to date. 

I hate to sound like an elitist idiot but lots of people didn't really understand the narrative behind MGS2, being more meta than direct. MGS1 sort of had this, but the concept was only really delved into with the second installment.

Shadows of the Damned. I really enjoyed that game and it was pretty unique I think...

Agreed, the Sam Raimi shout outs made it even better ^^

I like how much love Vanquish is getting! I gotta say The Saboteur though, I just don't understand the criticism against that game. It's like GTA mashed against Assassins Creed, but you get to kill Nazis! Awesome!

So glad someone other than me played Saboteur! Loved that game!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Enslaved - Loved it would love to see a sequel

Spec Ops - really good game and very underrated was free on ps plus not long ago

Vanquish - solid game cool combat the challenge mode (cant recall if that's the correct name) are so hard lol

Alan Wake but thats a Xbox exclusive and the only decent one they have

I'm planning to buy that game but I don't know, I need to hear how good it is from someone who ACTUALLY owns the game.

Well, Yea you need to find someone you trust that owns the game, I own the games myself and there pretty great, i just haven't played Victory until i get 958 trophies (to make the Platinum for it number 1000), The games are pretty good as I stated before but you need patience for the First one if you want to get Platinum for it.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

I guess Hatsune Miku Project Diva would count? Outside of the Vocaloid/anime/ect. fandom I don't see much talk about it.

While it might be intended for and most interesting for Vocaloid fans, I'd say just as a rhythm game it's pretty good, so if you like rhythm games and don't have a burning hate for Vocaloids/cutesy anime-style characters it could be worth checking out. (Hoping for a localization of Diva F2, and the Project Mirai 3DS games...)

• Like 1

Well, Yea you need to find someone you trust that owns the game, I own the games myself and there pretty great, i just haven't played Victory until i get 958 trophies (to make the Platinum for it number 1000), The games are pretty good as I stated before but you need patience for the First one if you want to get Platinum for it.

Ok thank you  :wave: I'm going to buy the game

• Like 1

Ok thank you  :wave: I'm going to buy the game

Well that is great to hear, but if you want to be completely sure of buying the game, go to youtube and watch gameplay of it, that is what i do before I buy a game, just to see if it has my Interest or not

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

Resonance of Fate (really hard at first until you know what you're doing. Had a really unique battle system)

Time and Eternity (a little too easy, but really funny and cute)

Rain (also really easy, but I got really drawn into the story)

You Don't Know Jack (if you love trivia and have 3 friends to play with -- or add me!)

Lone Survivor (kind of reminds me of Silent Hill if it were for the SNES)

also:
Enchanted Arms and Eternal Sonata
loved those games but they don't have trophies.

Transformers Fall of Cybertron is why I finally got a PS3.  It's not very popular (probably not helped by how god awful the michael bay movies are) but it has a bit of a cult following and still very active MP.  There are however some very exploitable glitches on MP that can hurt the experience.  Story, cinematics and game play were all great for me though.

Batman: Arkham Origins.

People say that this is the worst Batman game, and a mediocre game in general. Yes, Arkham Origins does have bugs and glitches that weren't in the previous games, but they aren't consistent. Yes, it is another origins story, but we haven't had a Batman origin story in a game before, and it's pretty good. The bosses are the best in the series, and the multiplayer is extremely fun, so stop your bitching. This is the best Batman game!

Of course people may disagree, and that's fine. I just feel Arkham Origins is incredibly under-appreciated.

Batman: Arkham Origins.

People say that this is the worst Batman game, and a mediocre game in general. Yes, Arkham Origins does have bugs and glitches that weren't in the previous games, but they aren't consistent. Yes, it is another origins story, but we haven't had a Batman origin story in a game before, and it's pretty good. The bosses are the best in the series, and the multiplayer is extremely fun, so stop your bitching. This is the best Batman game!

Of course people may disagree, and that's fine. I just feel Arkham Origins is incredibly under-appreciated.

I want to play it more but my brain cant get past the changes in the controlls. I've played asylum and city over 8 times each and I guess im just set in my ways. I've had is since launch and barely touched it. :(

Call of Duty:World at War (Never got as poular as the others but I always loved its atmosphere, that the others never seemed to replicate)

Dante's Inferno (Extremely enjoyable button mashing :P)

Metro: Last Light (With the last of us, bioshock infinte and GTA5 launching in the same year it was kinda hard for it to compte, but I loved the gunplay, atmosphere and setting...imagine if fallout 4 looked like metro in terms of graphic ^.^ )