Game of Thrones discussion thread

Dead Weight

Talk about the latest episodes from the show

Talk about the books and why isn't Winds of Winter released yet

Talk about the game and why you liked/hated it

Anything Game of thrones and A song of ice and fire, talk about it here

Just make sure to use spoilers bb code if you want to post something major about the plot and don't want to ruin it for someone else.

TEST

So anyway i'm enjoying season 3 a lot. I like the new scenes they added for the non view point characters from the book. Also I didn't mind the changes done for the show in this season as much as the ones they've done in season 2.

I'm surprised nobody's posted anything yet, I thought there would be a lot of GoT fans around here.

I've never read the books myself but I would like to eventually, but I do love the show. It's probably my favourite TV show at the moment, can't wait for Monday nights, it was Monday yesterday and I still can't wait for the next one haha.

Overall I love how most of the time you can never really predict what's going to happen (unless you've read the books), there's always so much going on that you have to keep track of, and they're definitely not afraid to make big decisions, such as killing of characters, even pretty main ones, left right and centre, always excited to see what's going to happen next.

I'm really enjoying Season 3 like you. I love how Khaleesi's becoming more confident, a bitch maybe at times, but then you don't seem to get anywhere in GoT by making friends anyways, it's good to see a strong female character instead of one always needing protecting. Liking how Jamie's starting to show a bit more humanity but not sure it'll last, also always love scenes with Tyrion, he's got to be one of my favourites. Although there are some parts I'm losing interest in, like Theon's story, I just can't seem to care about him, started to dislike him last season, just sick of seeing his face ¬_¬. Bran's parts are a bit meh but I think that'll pick up soon, and parts with that Melisandre, she really grates on me but then she always has, I see that getting more interesting soon too though, especially now Gendry knows what he knows. I would like Arya to start doing something interesting because I know she can, think she'll start being really important eventually.

eeheehee Emoticon_by_LittleGirl88.gifEmoticon_by_LittleGirl88.gif

Edited by JennifairyW

I'm surprised nobody's posted anything yet, I thought there would be a lot of GoT fans around here.

I've never read the books myself but I would like to eventually, but I do love the show. It's probably my favourite TV show at the moment, can't wait for Monday nights, it was Monday yesterday and I still can't wait for the next one haha.

Overall I love how most of the time you can never really predict what's going to happen (unless you've read the books), there's always so much going on that you have to keep track of, and they're definitely not afraid to make big decisions, such as killing of characters, even pretty main ones, left right and centre, always excited to see what's going to happen next.

I'm really enjoying Season 3 like you. I love how Khaleesi's becoming more confident, a bitch maybe at times, but then you don't seem to get anywhere in GoT by making friends anyways, it's good to see a strong female character instead of one always needing protecting. Liking how Jamie's starting to show a bit more humanity but not sure it'll last, also always love scenes with Tyrion, he's got to be one of my favourites. Although there are some parts I'm losing interest in, like Theon's story, I just can't seem to care about him, started to dislike him last season, just sick of seeing his face ¬_¬. Bran's parts are a bit meh but I think that'll pick up soon, and parts with that Melisandre, she really grates on me but then she always has, I see that getting more interesting soon too though, especially now Gendry knows what he knows. I would like Arya to start doing something interesting because I know she can, think she'll start being really important eventually.

eeheehee Emoticon_by_LittleGirl88.gifEmoticon_by_LittleGirl88.gif

Actually Theon's story was totally absent in the 3rd and 4th book and what they are showing in the 3rd season are the flashbacks that are described in the 5th book.

I think they wanted to do it like this for the sake of continuity and it would add more filler to season 3.

If my guess is correct, the season finale will be at the climax of book 3 and it will be very interesting :devil:

• 3 weeks later...

That was just wow. Jaw dropping. I only read the first book and got a bit bored of it because it was so similar to the show and also it's my favorite show on TV as well and I didn't want spoilers.

I actually like Theon's character and am interested to see where he's taken. The current story arc with him is a bit annoying tho I agree because it's been pretty porrly flushed out. Just a lot of gratuitous torture still with no explanation. It's cool that Iwan Rheon got cast on the show as I am a fan of his from Misfits, but the character is currently very two dimensional. I'm sure that will change at some point, but I actually think it would have been cool to see him cast as the boy wogg (sp?) that Bran meets. I know he's a bit older than the actual cast dude, and nothing against him, but Ian is good at playing weird guys and I think it would have been a good role for him and also that whole arc is getting to be a bit "chronicles of narnia" for my tastes, I just mean all the character's being so young.

The Jaime/Brianna story has been my favorite arc of this season, such a great dynamic between those two.

I heard this movie/book is really good? Is it good? I really wanna start reading the books. Probably gonna buy the set from amazon all four books for 21$~ good deal!?

Not a movie, it's a tv series, and yes the books are superb. That set you linked is incomplete, there's currently five books out right now, with an expected two to yet be released. But for $21 for the first four I'd say it's a pretty good deal. It might be best that you loan the first from a library before committing to buying four books as you never know if you're going to like it or not.

If you do decided to get the books try to abstain from the show. There are many great moments in the books that when you read will literally leave your jaw limp in shock. Those moments won't leave as great an impact if you watch the show first. Also don't ever read comments on youtube on any game of thrones related video because people are dicks and will post spoilers there for everything.

I would definitely recommend reading the books, as they are quite awesome. I'm at the end of the second book (Clash of Kings) and the show and novels compliment each other quite nicely. (I know what happens alreadyk, however.) The biggest loss the show has vs. the books, is each character's internal monologue during their PoV chapters. It gives you a lot of insight on how they feel about other characters/the events taking place around them, that the show has a difficult time delivering sometimes. (Although Michelle Fairley was fantastic at conveying what she was thinking during her ahem, scenes in Rains of Castamere.) I bought the first four books in a box set off of Amazon for only about $20. Definitely worth it. But they're a HUGE under taking, which is why I'm not as far along as I should be!

Make up for it? The Rains of Castamere was a fantastic episode! It's got nothing to make up for, it's all downhill from here :(

I dunno, there's another wedding soon in the land of Westeros ;)

It definitely a fantastic episode. But what I actually meant was, hoping to see another wedding with some blood. Bad blood.

What was that all about at the end of the final episode of this season? Am I the only who felt dissapointed after this episode, which was a bit boring and nothing really happened? Perhaps this is normal, do more seasons end like this?