Game of Thrones discussion thread

Dead Weight

It definitely a fantastic episode. But what I actually meant was, hoping to see another wedding with some blood. Bad blood.

What was that all about at the end of the final episode of this season? Am I the only who felt dissapointed after this episode, which was a bit boring and nothing really happened? Perhaps this is normal, do more seasons end like this?

Yes sir, I believe you are the only one.

I can never get sick of this show.  It, along with Breaking Bad, are probably the two best shows in television history.  From balls to brain, writing to acting and every aspect of production, BB and GoT are what other TV shows should aspire to be like.

I thought the closing scene of this season was epic.  The Mother of Dragons is putting together a full nation of slaves that worship her.  The final shot just seals what she is doing in granite.  Superb finale!

Are you reading the books as the respective season rolls on?

I'm interpreting that as "are you reading it season by season" in which case no. I started reading about this time last summer on A Game of Thrones after getting super psyched watching the show. Since then I've been reading them on and off and finished the final book last week before the season three finale.

If you meant am I going to re-read the corresponding book(s) as season four and five come out then I'm not sure. I'll probably wait a little while longer before going back through them.

If you mean something else, let me know because it's very early here and I've been up a decent amount of the night drinking so my mind isn't fully "there" right now :P

It definitely a fantastic episode. But what I actually meant was, hoping to see another wedding with some blood. Bad blood.

What was that all about at the end of the final episode of this season? Am I the only who felt dissapointed after this episode, which was a bit boring and nothing really happened? Perhaps this is normal, do more seasons end like this?

That's been the trend with the show. The penultimate episode has had all of the action and been more like a finale. The final episode always seems to be a set-up for the following season. I was surprised that the other wedding wasn't in the finale, but it will be early in next season and I'm sure people will be pleased  :D

That's been the trend with the show. The penultimate episode has had all of the action and been more like a finale. The final episode always seems to be a set-up for the following season. I was surprised that the other wedding wasn't in the finale, but it will be early in next season and I'm sure people will be pleased   :D

I will be very pleased! :D 

• Like 1

I've seen all three seasons, just started reading the books. Finished book one the other day, I'm surprised by just how much difference there is between book and show, so much so that I would even go as far to say that the show is a bit of a let down after rewatching season one.

eYeRsmErT.png

I've seen all three seasons, just started reading the books. Finished book one the other day, I'm surprised by just how much difference there is between book and show, so much so that I would even go as far to say that the show is a bit of a let down after rewatching season one.

eYeRsmErT.png

I dunno, I thought season 1 stayed true to the book for the most part. Some new scenes were added but there were minor changes overall in the season.

Season 2 on the other hand overhauled Dany's story from the book. There also other notable changes in that season as well

Edited by A-Brawl3r

• 2 months later...

I dunno, I thought season 1 stayed true to the book for the most part. Some new scenes were added but there were minor changes overall in the season.

Season 2 on the other hand overhauled Dany's story from the book. There also other notable changes in that season as well

Okay, I finished book 2 some time ago and am now about 1/4 of the way through book 3 (4 is sitting on my shelf and I cant wait to get into that one and be ahead of season 4) and as for what you where saying Brawl3r I'm inclined to agree! The second book is vastly different from the show! Also saw George R.R. Martin on Conan O'brien a while back and he was talking about how there are four characters dead in the show that are still alive in the books... :blink:

eYeRsmErT.png

I've been reading these books as they come out since I was 16. And by that, I mean I was standing in a bookstore in 1996 at the New Releases shelf looking at the first edition hardcover of A Game of Thrones thinking, "Hmm, this might be good." Halfway trough the second book I remember thinking that these books would make a fantastic soap opera because it's all about who's doing who, who is whose kid, there's betrayal, backstabbing, there's violence and nudity, and there's even a murder mystery at one point. I think it's amusing that I would get made fun of for reading these books during high school because they were thick and had dragons and shit on the cover and it was not cool to read thick fantasy novels, and NOW everyone's all about the TV series. LOL

• 6 months later...

The Walking Dead puts this thing in a corner

The Walking Dead is not even in 1/2 as good as it's comic. Not even adding to the fact, they needed a filler character to make the show more appealing, since pardon my french, the acotr play is really dull there, especially when it comes to some major characters. As far as story telling and drama are concerned, GoT poops on most TV series so far, also the characters are not bland monkeys that just randomly appear to die without bringing anything to the story,

I'm sorry, but after Season 1, TWD has turned into a soap opera that focuses on their love and family lives rather than actual post-apocalyptic, zombie themed survival. 

• Like 3

The Walking Dead puts this thing in a corner

post-14849-I-don-t-remember-asking-you-a

Anyway. I really want to reread the books because it's been ages, but I don't have time to read as much as I'd like. Either I can spend my free time playing games or reading, but not both. However, I do spend a good portion of my day driving to and from work, so I'm thinking I could try to find these books on audio CD and listen to them instead. I hope the audio books aren't abridged.

• 4 weeks later...

I do prefer Walking Dead to Game of Thrones, I still love Game of Thrones, but I wish people would stop comparing EVERY FUCKING SHOW to The Walking Dead. TWD gets so much attention for all the wrong reasons. 

On topic: The latest episode has just explained why/how the start of the show happened :D Although, I can't stand Gillen's acting. Baelish is just so creepy and I don't like it :(

Hodor.

Edited by willmill97

• 2 weeks later...
Although, I can't stand Gillen's acting. Baelish is just so creepy and I don't like it :(

You don't dislike Gillen's acting, you dislike Littlefinger. LF is a creepy player and Gillen portrays him fantastically (despite his various accent changes)

You don't dislike Gillen's acting, you dislike Littlefinger. LF is a creepy player and Gillen portrays him fantastically (despite his various accent changes)

If you want to put it like that then I guess you're right. I still can't grasp his accent though...

I think Gillen is doing a marvelous job being PedoFinger minus the accent thing.

The new Mountain and Daario 2 on the other hand leave much to be desired. Am I really supposed to believe that Mountain is the Hound's older brother, much less in his 40s?