Game of Thrones discussion thread

Dead Weight

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 9 was probably the best of season 5,which started slow but got better halfway through.
Overall the episode was entertaining and had a couple of really good moments :

The return of Drogon and the sacrifice of Shireen to R'hllor

Now let's just wait for the big season finale

Edited by MarcusTheShadow

One episode ago I was hoping Stannis to cut the head of Ms. Melissandre and go f... himself too, now I really, really, really, want her, alive and well, and in the Nightwatch, only she can save!!!!Stannis still can go f... himself, and he did!!! :devil:

Good episode, great scenes, specially the final scene, I'm sure everyone bought this uncle story :unsure: , and the walk of the queen, absolutely marvelous in every way!!!! :P

Edited by daniel_flavia

I've read all the books and I can say that I am done with the show now. Perhaps I'll watch the Greyjoy scenes next season, presuming they are presenting Euron. This season has had a couple of standout scenes that are the best so far - Cersei's walk for sure, and Daznak's pit as well - but they don't make up for all the weak writing we've seen from the showrunners now seemingly hustling to hasten and condense storylines to the point of anemia trying to fit it all within the 7 seasons HBO has committed to.

The "creative freedom" the show-writers are taking now in order to condense storylines, merge characters, kill off characters (that are still alive in the books HELLO THERE SELMY) ... it's become too much.

I'd hoped for some redemption for Sansa (her turning more dark and even exerting some level of control over Ramsay), since they chose to write her in a complete tangent to the books by having her forcibly marry Ramsay. Littlefinger says as much when he leaves her, the marriage is for Sansa to have a shot at redemption for her family. Yet we see nothing of the sort. Sansa just sulks around Winterfell in her hooded robe while Ramsay has her this way and that. Then she jump off the wall with Theon-Reek - at least that part is in line with the books - but now there's no Stannis to run away to. I guess she'll bump into Brienne wandering aimlessly now that she has no duty to perform. There's no Reek-Theon & Asha meetup either, presumably.

Stannis' character has just been fucking castrated on the show. It's a disgrace. The burning was completely off the rails and I cannot imagine it happening with Stannis' blessing in the books. The situation is deliberately constructed that way in the show just for cheap shock value. The books hold promise of Stannis at least putting up a fight, and without the need to burn his only heir, which he stated that he wouldn't do because people would DESERT HIM. Gee, no way.

Jaime & Bronns misadventures in Dorne need no further explanation. Just rewatch a few choice Teenage Mutant Ninja Sand Snakes scenes (YOU NEED SUM BAAAD PUSSY BOY), then wonder why they bothered casting Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell when they give him what. Five minutes of screen time for the whole season? OBARA MARTELL, DAUGHTER OF OBERYN MARTELL, WHO TOOK HER TO COURT, AND ALSO SHE FIGHTS FOR DORNE got more than that.

Also Varys just ... happens to turn up in Meereen when Tyrion gets abandoned with the shittiest job in Essos? Shouldn't Varys be in Kings Landing oiling up a crossbow right now?

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

Edited by scary_atheist
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I don't want to read the thread because of possible spoilers !

I started playing the game of thrones game and I really like it so far, I'm on episode 3 I believe. I was curious about the show, but is it true there is a lot of sex in the show ? Because for me sex in shows ruins the mood for me, I like drama / romance but I find sex is just annoying in a show. Just wanted the tv show emphasized a lot on this

Hey guys, I don't want to read the thread because of possible spoilers !

I started playing the game of thrones game and I really like it so far, I'm on episode 3 I believe. I was curious about the show, but is it true there is a lot of sex in the show ? Because for me sex in shows ruins the mood for me, I like drama / romance but I find sex is just annoying in a show. Just wanted the tv show emphasized a lot on this

There's a lot of sex in the show, but it's a fantastic story you really shouldn't miss out on. If you really can't get around it then I'd recommend getting the books instead; they're better than the show anyway.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Damn what a cliffhanger at the end of season 5 and watching the season 6 trailer has got me very excited.

Can anyone tell me if we have reached or are getting close to the current books. It feels as if they are trying to stretch it out to wait for the next book or something as season 4 and 5 started very slow.

• Like 1

I'm wondering how much they are going to do with the Iron Islands and Bran storylines this season. With those they'll still be using material from the books.

It's been a while since I've read them but I believe most of the other storylines that they are going to use on the show have caught up to the books.

Edited by Sofa King
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Damn what a cliffhanger at the end of season 5 and watching the season 6 trailer has got me very excited.

Can anyone tell me if we have reached or are getting close to the current books. It feels as if they are trying to stretch it out to wait for the next book or something as season 4 and 5 started very slow.

They are past the books by now. There are still some story elements to appear on the show but the main story goes beyond them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4 episodes in, but no comments on season 6 yet?  For shame!

Loving the continuation so far... hoping they throw in some stuff from the books left out so far... (Here's looking at you lady stoneheart!)

Season 6 has been amazing so far, high quality and really speeding things up, far superior to season 5. Spoilers:

The last episode had probably the most devastating sequence in the series history, first time a tv series has made me cry, I was just a mess by the end.

• Like 1

Definitely agree that season 6 so far is superior to season 5. Interesting to see what they will come up with not having source material.
Episode 5 although depressing, was a great episode.. even though I was not in it.  B)

Hodor. 

Ugh, time tavel. I like my timelines linear.

Anyway, the cave sequence was awesome. I think I see Jon's story joining with Danny's at some point (Red women).

Last point: can't wait to see the High Sparrow die.

Based on last episode, I don't see that happening anytime soon ( the high sparrow dying), unless Margery is playing everyone like a fiddle... which is why I love her so!

I'm going to lay it out there now, that my boy 

THE HOUND!

will be his champion when Cersei calls for trial by combat... Mark my words!

Based on last episode, I don't see that happening anytime soon ( the high sparrow dying), unless Margery is playing everyone like a fiddle... which is why I love her so!

I'm going to lay it out there now, that my boy 

THE HOUND!

will be his champion when Cersei calls for trial by combat... Mark my words!

Margaery's change was too sudden. Either they crammed the story for time's sake, or she's really faking it.

About the other point.....I would love to see that.