Final Fantasy X-2

Persona

Persona 2

Persona 4

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 1

Possibly a little off the board here, but there are a couple of Neptunia games that play well on the Vita. Neptunia vs. Sega Hard Girls was a pretty nice turn-based game in particular. Of course, there is the gold standard of Persona 4: Golden (it's right there in the name!). But if you don't mind a little fan service, Criminal Girls is one of the more interesting turn-based games I've played.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 7:06 PM, TristanBrown17 said:

I'd actually like to vary the question if I may. 

What are some good turn-based RPG's for the Vita that are not in an anime style? 

Saturday Morning RPG.  Otherwise, I can't think of any.  But, I can't think of any good turn-based RPG's not in an anime style on any console period.  Maybe South Park.  Some people seem to think Final Fantasy doesn't count as 'anime-style',  I don't understand that argument myself, but since some people feel that way FFX and FFX-2 are on the Vita.  

• Like 1

Child of Light is a good turn-based one and isn't 'anime style'. The art is more reminiscent of the illustrations you'd find in story books.

Romancing SaGa 2 is also turn-based, and the art is NES/SNES reminiscent. It's a longer game, but the plot is somewhat loose.

Everything else I can think of that's turn-based on the Vita is anime-esque.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HamburgerWizard said:

thank you everyone for the suggestions! ill keep an eye out for persona 4, final fantasy x, and cosmic star heroine! Those seem to be the most common answers! 

But definitely check out Rainbow Moon too, should be exactly the kind of thing you're looking for, though the story is a bit shallow.

• Like 1