[Fixed in v1.06] Mad Max Platinum now completely unobtainable w/ 1.05 patch

HusKy

20 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

This really sucks, mysterious update the same day I finally decide to play this pos. I'm hoping someone can confirm whether or not they can just delete the patch and continue playing the game, or if the save file is locked to the update (like Witcher 3). I'm not sure if I should keep playing or if I should just delete everything and start again.

Frustrating :(

Bad news.

I have just tried disc game v1.00 with v1.05 save file and they are not compatible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

I had a lot of fun with this game, really glad I already have the plat after reading this. I did have the 190/191 scavenging bug but I was really lucky and managed to fix it ?

Great game, just too bad of the glitches...

How did you fix the 190/191 scavenging bug?

12 minutes ago, Intresseklubben said:

Was this game actually possible to platinum at version 1.00? Does everything unlock fine with an unpatched game? 

I can somewhat recall this game having some sort of bug at release that made the platinum impossible. The challenges maybe? I'm probably wrong though.

The Platinum was always obtainable pre-1.05 but there are a host of long standing bugs that were never fixed that can cause the challenges and scrap locations to randomly glitch out and not count, thus leading to the infamous 190/191 stat bug :(.

• Like 1

Just now, freaky_45 said:

I also ran into this bug and would love to know how you fixed it. I can also confirm the developers and WB both ignore all questions relating the 190/191 bug. 

Same. But, now, since some bug reports of 1.05 was arrived, maybe it's time to report the 190/191 bug again.

49 minutes ago, m3rcurial_1992 said:

How did you fix the 190/191 scavenging bug?

I already knew I had the bug but I wanted to finish all the races. While doing some races I passed a location I already looted but I got a notification that there was something there in the game (don't exactly remember what it said). I went to that location and found a collectible I could loot again and after that I got the trophy.

So I got really lucky that I passed that location ?

• Like 3

Just now, ZeroGeass1 said:

I already knew I had the bug but I wanted to finish all the races. While doing some races I passed a location I already looted but I got a notification that there was something there in the game (don't exactly remember what it said). I went to that location and found a collectible I could loot again and after that I got the trophy.

So I got really lucky that I passed that location 1f601.png

Nice! I've always be convinced that probably the case for everyone, but I never wanted to explore the whole map again.

1 hour ago, ZeroGeass1 said:

So I got really lucky that I passed that location 1f601.png

Do you remember the territory you found that collectable (Pink Eye's, Gutgash, etc)? It would help just in case I get the 190/191 bug

1 hour ago, maiathewinners said:

Do you remember the territory you found that collectable (Pink Eye's, Gutgash, etc)? It would help just in case I get the 190/191 bug

I don't remember the territory but I passed it with one of these races, so you could always do the races if you have the bug and hope for the best 

23 minutes ago, Violino said:

Can anyone confirm if the physical one without the patch is okay? If so I'll start this as soon as possible. Otherwise I'll just get rid of it.

Without the patch, you can't connect to the Avalanche servers and receive your daily Scrap allowance that is required for one of the Challenges but with the patch - you can't get the trophies mentioned in the OP. The best way to handle this, is to play offline without the patch then speed run your way through the game to get the trophies that are unobtainable with the update installed. Once you have the affected trophies, install the 1.05 patch then focus on the rest of the challenges but make sure you keep an eye on your stats and make tons of save file backups so you can quickly reload an old save if the 190/191 stat glitch strikes.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 4

Heads up to those with disc version: If you've played a lot without the patch and then you patch your game, then realise the Deathrun won't load, and then delete the patch and try and load your backed-up save, then a message will tell you that your save is incompatible with the unpatched game and will tell you to update before it will load. So you should back up your pre-patch save before you attempt to play with the patch installed. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Without the patch, you can't connect to the Avalanche servers and receive your daily Scrap allowance that is required for one of the Challenges but with the patch - you can't get the trophies mentioned in the OP. The best way to handle this, is to play offline without the patch then speed run your way through the game to get the trophies that are unobtainable with the update installed. Once you have the affected trophies, install the 1.05 patch then focus on the rest of the challenges but make sure you keep an eye on your stats and make tons of save file backups so you can quickly reload an old save if the 190/191 stat glitch strikes.

Ah, didn't think of just going for the broken ones then doing the rest with the patch! Cheers for the info.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Without the patch, you can't connect to the Avalanche servers and receive your daily Scrap allowance

Now this just sucks. I was planning to earn most of my scrap from Scrap crews but looks like that won't be possible. In which case I'll have to idle for scrap from camps.

1 hour ago, Violino said:

Ah, didn't think of just going for the broken ones then doing the rest with the patch! Cheers for the info.

Unfortunately, you will still need to do a sh*t ton of stuff to unlock all Archangels because lots of the car parts are locked behind tasks like "reduce threat to 0 in 1/3 of a map" etc. So it's not like you can focus on the Archangels and do them in couple hours. I'm estimating a minimum of 20 hours.

• Like 1