[Fixed in v1.06] Mad Max Platinum now completely unobtainable w/ 1.05 patch

HusKy

20 hours ago, zizimonster said:

When the latest update hit a few days back, I thought it was time for me to play this game. Now that hope has gone. I don't have a physical version of the game, and don't intend to purchase it. :S

Looks like digital version is also downgradable. See the other thread.

• Like 1

Just finished "Craggy Crew" and "Buckle Down". Can I update the game now or is there more glitched races?

And just to be sure, after completing the glitched races new races will appear in the same location you made the glitched ones right? For example I made "Craggy Crew" and now it is showing another race with another name, the new race isn't glitchy, even thought it is in the same location as the glitched one?

7 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

Just finished "Craggy Crew" and "Buckle Down". Can I update the game now or is there more glitched races?

And just to be sure, after completing the glitched races new races will appear in the same location you made the glitched ones right? For example I made "Craggy Crew" and now it is showing another race with another name, the new race isn't glitchy, even thought it is in the same location as the glitched one?

You need to finish Archangel races. Only those are important for trophies. Each Death Run location provides multiple races, always at least 2 with one of them being Archangel and the other some scrotus car.

The bug prevents starting any of the available races on those 2 locations though.

@kidson2004 If you haven't started yet, I wouldn't bother with the game.

@MAUSZX Check your game details. If it says "1.04", you can finish the game just fine (unless you hit scavenging location glitch or something else).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

You need to finish Archangel races. Only those are important for trophies. Each Death Run location provides multiple races, always at least 2 with one of them being Archangel and the other some scrotus car.

The bug prevents starting any of the available races on those 2 locations though.

@kidson2004 If you haven't started yet, I wouldn't bother with the game.

@MAUSZX Check your game details. If it says "1.04", you can finish the game just fine (unless you hit scavenging location glitch or something else).

Sad, but oh well. Got way more than enough of a backlog to go through anyway. Thanks for the heads up! Hope it’s patched up soon. 

Edited by kidson2004

51 minutes ago, ricos_90 said:

Guys an advice, I have yet to start the game and saw the mess they are doing with these patches, the last one, the one of 13 GB, I put it on pause and for now do not the download. In this way can I plat the game?

No, because you need a connection to the Mad Max servers to collect a daily scrap allowance for one of the challenges but you can't connect to anything unless the patch is installed. The workaround is to play offline without the patch until you get the 3 trophies mentioned in the first post of this thread, then install the patch and start collecting your daily scrap allowance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

No, because you need a connection to the Mad Max servers to collect a daily scrap allowance for one of the challenges but you can't connect to anything unless the patch is installed. The workaround is to play offline without the patch until you get the 3 trophies mentioned in the first post of this thread, then install the patch and start collecting your daily scrap allowance.

I’ve already completed the scrap challenge, so pausing the update / staying offline will work right?

Or finish the death runs and collect the scrap post game?   

2 hours ago, ricos_90 said:

Guys an advice, I have yet to start the game and saw the mess they are doing with these patches, the last one, the one of 13 GB, I put it on pause and for now do not the download. In this way can I plat the game?

Don't put it on pause because every time you turn on your PS4 it will download from the way you stopped. Delete the patch instead, every time you turn on your PS4 go to notifications, select Mad Max v1.05 and select "Cancel and Delete", every time you start the game a pop-up will show saying that the download for v1.05 started, just do the same you made and starting up the PS4, select "Cancel and Delete"

If you play on v1.00, you will run into possibly other issues, but afaik the game should be plattable as long as you do the races, then install latest patch and then get the scrap challenge done.

If you haven't started the game yet, I would just skip it for now.

• Like 1

Just now, Faust said:

Sorry if its been asked already, but my digital copy has not updated from version 1.04. Assuming I don't download the update, am I fine to play this as normal?

Yes, you are fine. As long as you don't update to v1.05, you won' run into issues with Death Runs.

12 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

Yes, you are fine. As long as you don't update to v1.05, you won' run into issues with Death Runs.

I was just reading you need to update to 1.05 because one of the tasks gives you a daily amount of resources you need as part of the challenges.

But after doing some research it sounds like you need to do those Death Runs while your game is still at version 1.04. From there you're free to update to 1.05.

What could work is uploading your saves to the Cloud and keep a few handy USB storage drives just in case the trophy decides to glitch on you. Still this means you may have to play several hours to get to where you where before the challenges got glitched.

Edited by Spaz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 5:03 PM, Chey100 said:

Well, at least they have acknowledged the issue. Thanks for that, HuskyCode. I will cross my fingers that they fix it. I only need those death runs for the plat and sadly your fix is a bit too complicated for me.

Same here.

My game is still on version 1.04 because I have the update download paused. Which makes it possible for me to get the trophies that got glitched, but I won't be able to get the gold trophy for getting all the challenges unless I update to the latest version.