HusKy

[Fixed in v1.06] Mad Max Platinum now completely unobtainable w/ 1.05 patch

84 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, zizimonster said:

When the latest update hit a few days back, I thought it was time for me to play this game. Now that hope has gone. I don't have a physical version of the game, and don't intend to purchase it. :S

 

Looks like digital version is also downgradable. See the other thread.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey HusKyCode,

 

Just wanted to thank you for your method. It worked perfectly for me and saved me a great deal of time.

 

Now's the plat is mine, and I owe for this ! ^___^

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished "Craggy Crew" and "Buckle Down". Can I update the game now or is there more glitched races?

 

And just to be sure, after completing the glitched races new races will appear in the same location you made the glitched ones right? For example I made "Craggy Crew" and now it is showing another race with another name, the new race isn't glitchy, even thought it is in the same location as the glitched one?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this game really worth playing? And from what I read I cannot update the game to 1.05 correct? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question, I think that I might be the lucky guy that hasn't play the game, so the latest patch might not be downloaded yet, is it obtainable that way?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

Just finished "Craggy Crew" and "Buckle Down". Can I update the game now or is there more glitched races?

 

And just to be sure, after completing the glitched races new races will appear in the same location you made the glitched ones right? For example I made "Craggy Crew" and now it is showing another race with another name, the new race isn't glitchy, even thought it is in the same location as the glitched one?

 

You need to finish Archangel races. Only those are important for trophies. Each Death Run location provides multiple races, always at least 2 with one of them being Archangel and the other some scrotus car.

The bug prevents starting any of the available races on those 2 locations though.

 

@kidson2004 If you haven't started yet, I wouldn't bother with the game.

 

@MAUSZX Check your game details. If it says "1.04", you can finish the game just fine (unless you hit scavenging location glitch or something else).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

 

You need to finish Archangel races. Only those are important for trophies. Each Death Run location provides multiple races, always at least 2 with one of them being Archangel and the other some scrotus car.

The bug prevents starting any of the available races on those 2 locations though.

 

@kidson2004 If you haven't started yet, I wouldn't bother with the game.

 

@MAUSZX Check your game details. If it says "1.04", you can finish the game just fine (unless you hit scavenging location glitch or something else).

Sad, but oh well. Got way more than enough of a backlog to go through anyway. Thanks for the heads up! Hope it’s patched up soon. 

Edited by kidson2004
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we must boycott avalanche studio

all of their games had bugs . 

and they even didn't care

i will not buy any game of avalanche studio 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, this news is hard to read. I was worried about the bugs when I went for the plat last year but luckily nothing hit me. And now it seems like it's worse than before. 

 

It's a fun game too imo. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys an advice, I have yet to start the game and saw the mess they are doing with these patches, the last one, the one of 13 GB, I put it on pause and for now do not the download. In this way can I plat the game?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ricos_90 said:

Guys an advice, I have yet to start the game and saw the mess they are doing with these patches, the last one, the one of 13 GB, I put it on pause and for now do not the download. In this way can I plat the game?

No, because you need a connection to the Mad Max servers to collect a daily scrap allowance for one of the challenges but you can't connect to anything unless the patch is installed. The workaround is to play offline without the patch until you get the 3 trophies mentioned in the first post of this thread, then install the patch and start collecting your daily scrap allowance.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

No, because you need a connection to the Mad Max servers to collect a daily scrap allowance for one of the challenges but you can't connect to anything unless the patch is installed. The workaround is to play offline without the patch until you get the 3 trophies mentioned in the first post of this thread, then install the patch and start collecting your daily scrap allowance.

I’ve already completed the scrap challenge, so pausing the update / staying offline will work right?

Or finish the death runs and collect the scrap post game?   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, audiopile said:

I’ve already completed the scrap challenge, so pausing the update / staying offline will work right?

Or finish the death runs and collect the scrap post game?   

If you already have the Scrap challenge done, then you can carry on playing until you have the Death Run trophies :).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ricos_90 said:

Guys an advice, I have yet to start the game and saw the mess they are doing with these patches, the last one, the one of 13 GB, I put it on pause and for now do not the download. In this way can I plat the game?

Don't put it on pause because every time you turn on your PS4 it will download from the way you stopped. Delete the patch instead, every time you turn on your PS4 go to notifications, select Mad Max v1.05 and select "Cancel and Delete", every time you start the game a pop-up will show saying that the download for v1.05 started, just do the same you made and starting up the PS4, select "Cancel and Delete"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the situation if I play the unpatched disc version (1.0) of the game?

What sort of problem can I have?

Patching the game to 1.04 or 1.05 is advisable or strictly necessary after a certain point in game?

Edited by Dilust
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you play on v1.00, you will run into possibly other issues, but afaik the game should be plattable as long as you do the races, then install latest patch and then get the scrap challenge done.

If you haven't started the game yet, I would just skip it for now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found out that Plothole Ridge doesn't work either...

 

--> My bad ! It does work...

Edited by Tyxoune
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if its been asked already, but my digital copy has not updated from version 1.04. Assuming I don't download the update, am I fine to play this as normal?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Faust said:

Sorry if its been asked already, but my digital copy has not updated from version 1.04. Assuming I don't download the update, am I fine to play this as normal?

 

Yes, you are fine. As long as you don't update to v1.05, you won' run into issues with Death Runs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

 

Yes, you are fine. As long as you don't update to v1.05, you won' run into issues with Death Runs.

 

I was just reading you need to update to 1.05 because one of the tasks gives you a daily amount of resources you need as part of the challenges.

 

But after doing some research it sounds like you need to do those Death Runs while your game is still at version 1.04. From there you're free to update to 1.05.

 

What could work is uploading your saves to the Cloud and keep a few handy USB storage drives just in case the trophy decides to glitch on you. Still this means you may have to play several hours to get to where you where before the challenges got glitched.

Edited by Spaz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, Avalanche might be working on a fix. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least they have acknowledged the issue. Thanks for that, HuskyCode. I will cross my fingers that they fix it. I only need those death runs for the plat and sadly your fix is a bit too complicated for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

am i the only one who has the problem in the last wasteland mission as the wrench turns it wont let me harpoon the gate to enter the area ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 5:03 PM, Chey100 said:

Well, at least they have acknowledged the issue. Thanks for that, HuskyCode. I will cross my fingers that they fix it. I only need those death runs for the plat and sadly your fix is a bit too complicated for me.

 

Same here.

 

My game is still on version 1.04 because I have the update download paused. Which makes it possible for me to get the trophies that got glitched, but I won't be able to get the gold trophy for getting all the challenges unless I update to the latest version.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.