IGC For September 2018.

Xel

Already own GoW 3 and not interested in Destiny.  I actually immediately traded in the first Destiny that came with my white PS4 (I just wanted the white one).

Another World and Foul Play look cool, so I'll add those to the old backlog.  Anyone have an update on the Team Player trophy for Foul Play?  Some confusion on the internet on whether it's still obtainable or not.

i guess its only destiny 2 for me this month, now whether i play it or not is another question. 

1 minute ago, IntroPhenom said:

Another World and Foul Play look cool, so I'll add those to the old backlog.  Anyone have an update on the Team Player trophy for Foul Play?  Some confusion on the internet on whether it's still obtainable or not.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3836-foul-play/20-team-player looks fine

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DysectorZA said:

Is each month going to include a MP only game as one of the PS4 games. Not really into MP games, but I suppose more power to have a PS Plus subscription and use the MP feature.

Destiny 2 is not a MP only game and you don't need a Plus subscription either. It is required if you want to do raids and strikes, or whatever they are called. You can play the game solo but you will run into other players all the time.

Interesting month to be sure. I sure will download GoW3 sometime and maybe try out out QUBE and even Another World. Already got Destiny 2 for free when I bought my PS4 Pro. I would say it is the least interesting title, simply because games that basically only exist so you can push a silly item level higher and higher bore the hell out of me nowadays.

• Like 1

Bought Destiny 2 a few months ago, never touched it. Glad that I can play with my group of best friends though.
Got God of War III Remastered a second time right before God of War (2018) released. 

Pretty damn good month. Especially when you look at Microsoft's abysmal offering.

7 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Can't believe Destiny 2 is free when it's been out for less than a year. I've been wanting to pickup God of War 3 for some time now, so I'm excited for that.

It's obviously because Bungie wants to get in gamers good graces again. That, coupled with Forsaken releasing next month, and all the re-balancing they've been doing... it's really obvious when you think about it. Plus the physical game was as cheap as $10. Doesn't hurt for them to get the game repopulated.

It convinces people to buy into the DLC because they just got the game for free.

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

idk Q.U.B.E is an interesting game for sure, and Another World is a classic. Foul Play is also a good game and a seminal game in the history of Devolver Digital and Sparkle 2 is also a fun little game that reminds me of the old days of playing on PC. I think they're all good games but certainly can be better. I am happy with God Of War III tbh since I was going to buy right after I play 1 and 2, which I already have and plan to start later this week :) Quite convenient, but I get that people want the big games before the Vita and PS3 are put to rest. 

I've never heard of Q.U.B.E., so I'll reserve judgment. Another World (or Out of This World as I remember it) was OK, but not one of my faves or anything. 

The PS4 offerings are solid, no doubt. I'm not even that sad about Foul Play (I've thought of picking it up before when it was on deep discount), although it doesn't really scream Vita to me or anything (unlike, say, Zero Escape or Severed or Psycho Pass). So, I guess we'll see.

To clarify the platinum status for destiny 2 there is currently 1 base game trophy unobtainable due to the trials game mode being offline until December.

You do not need DLC to get the platinum but it will make your life slightly easier as you have access to more weapons and have a higher "power level".

To play the DLC releasing next Tuesday you need the 2 previous DLC. You can play the Warmind expansion without the curse of Osiris expansion though.

• Like 1

Destiny 2 was a game people forgot about 5 minutes after release, so I guess this is their last-ditch effort to make the series relevant again. They want that $$$ from DLC sales. Honestly, I couldn't care less about it. Seems so long ago now that Bungie made some of the best games around...

The only game that catches my eye this month is God of War III: Remastered, but I've already played the game on PS3, and I have no real interest in playing it again.

And yet another garbage lineup for Vita/PS3 this month. While Sony isn't officially dropping the Vita/PS3 lineup until 2019, it has pretty much already happened considering how 99% of the titles offered in recent memory aren't even worth the download. Disgusting...

God of War 3 remastered, just in time to help me finish off the collection :P 

Not sure if I'll bother with Destiny 2 though, seems like a last ditch attempt to get more players in.

Don't know what to say for the others, considering the line ups for Vita & PS3 are being dropped next year, you'd expect a quality year from them. Not looking that way though, shame really.

Edited by Meachamp-

1 hour ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Can't believe Destiny 2 is free when it's been out for less than a year.

Honestly, I can. I don't think it sold well, plus they're selling it with the season pass for $20 on Amazon for Prime members.

Also, didn't they already give away Knowledge is Power? Don't understand why they would do this again.

EDIT: Never mind, I just answered my own question. Looks like it'll be free up until November:

This price is only available from 8/7/2018 11:00 am to 11/6/2018 10:00 am.

Edited by kidson2004
Knowledge is Power will be free until November 2018.

18 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Isn't that always the case? IIRC for years every lineup has at least 1 game that has DLC.

True, but it's rare that they put it up on ps+ before the actual date.. 

I just went to check if I had add this month's games (nothing for me, since my brother owns a retail copy of Mafia 3) and Destiny 2 is already free for ps+ ?

September also as nothing for me on ps4, since I'm not double Plat a GoW game 100% for sure.. The other games may be a good change of pace or at least I may try them out, special Qube, since I'm inclined to get Qube 2 for the A-Z challenge.. 

Great month. True Destiny isn't for me (the original showed me that forcing social interaction and organisation isn't possible really) and I have Sparkle 2 (which is cross play with PS4 by the way) but the rest are good, especially Go 3 which I haven't played, and Another World, which I haven't played since I was a kid. 

I picked up the Destiny 2 exansion pack a while back for $20 so there's nothing there for me. Was a great deal though, basically $10 for the game and $10 for the DLC

GOW III RE will be a nice plat(except for the arena, God I hated that) but blah month for me

I already 100% both Sparkle 2 and Another World. Another world is a bit old school, very easy with a guide though. Sparkle 2 is a lot of casual fun IMO, but it takes a while and last portion can be a bit tricky, but doable just fine.