Destiny 2 free ps plus game for September 2018

MATT_THE_FLY

So guys, I just saw on Playstation's official youtube channel that Destiny 2 and God of war 3 remastered would be released for September's free ps plus game lineup. For those that already own this game, I want to know what your thoughts on it are and if it's worth downloading if you're a sucker for 100%ing trophy lists. For me personally, I have heard from many that the game was somewhat of a disappointment and ultimately would not have even considered spending any money on it. But feel free to agree to disagree with me!

3 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

I thought they acknowledged this and fixed it?? 

Mayby they did or they didn't. I haven't played the game since last year (I just didn't enjoy the game nearly as the first one) but I always see forum posts about this. I'd be happy to be proven wrong so I don't discourage the OP from playing D2.

The Platinum is definitely obtainable without dlc. They fixed that like a month or two after release.

Currently “Lest Ye Be Judged” is unobtainable due to removing trials for this season. There’s a new season every 3 months. 4 seasons per year. The game mode will return for sure, Bungie has stated this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Sony have procured a deal to get this on PS+ literally just as it has become unobtainable due to the removal of a mode, with no word on whether said mode will return. Sounds about right. 

i mean... i don't blame em like, trophy hunters are a very small portion of gamers plus as @BeautifulTorment said it'll come back in the next season.

• Like 1

Question- do they still allow character transfer from the original Destiny? Does the transfer only work destiny -> destiny 2? 

I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to buy the original Destiny, level up my character to max, and then transfer to destiny 2. I don't want to play the second one and then get the first one down the line and have to do a lot of grinding again if it's possible to avoid it. 

31 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Question- do they still allow character transfer from the original Destiny? Does the transfer only work destiny -> destiny 2? 

I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to buy the original Destiny, level up my character to max, and then transfer to destiny 2. I don't want to play the second one and then get the first one down the line and have to do a lot of grinding again if it's possible to avoid it. 

There never has been a character transfer. The only thing D2 does is it imports your accomplishment history and character appearance from D1, but you'll still have to start from first level with starter equipment and so on..

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, NomadDragon said:

The Platinum is definitely obtainable without dlc. They fixed that like a month or two after release.

Currently “Lest Ye Be Judged” is unobtainable due to removing trials for this season. There’s a new season every 3 months. 4 seasons per year. The game mode will return for sure, Bungie has stated this.

Season 4 starts 9/4 (1st day of year 2).

7 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Unless you like raids honestly just skip the first one, nothing worth playing for honestly

37 minutes ago, Jjos said:

Well, I don't want to discourage anyone, but I fear this will turn out the same way as Destiny and The Taken King expansion.

For those unfamiliar with what happened: after one year they brought out the first "real" expansion, The Taken King which became the new "basegame" for Destiny. Nearly everything was bumped up to be compatible with the expansion and Destiny in itself completely vanished from the PS store, replaced by Destiny: The Taken King.

Those who only owned Destiny by that point merely held a trial version as best and had to upgrade if they wanted to continue.

And now offering Destiny 2 for free, just days before the launch of Destiny 2: Forsaken, leaves some sort of bad taste in my mouth. Worst (but very possible) case is, that everyone starting now is forced to buy Forsaken next week if they want to continue. And Forsaken has the pricetag of a new game, including editions up to 100 EUR.

To me it does look like an obvious bait - and I'll be happy to be proven wrong by next week. I just doubt that this will happen...

This guy pretty much nailed it

i dont know if i should pass or play

a part of me wants to play it and another part of me is saying to stay away from this game

24 minutes ago, drthomys said:

Just checked what I'd have to pay to get all DLCs for this. 

70 bucks for Forsaken and 20 for the two previous DLCs. 

90 bucks, what a bargain. 

90 Dollarydoos. You're basically fucking Sony in the ass at that point.

Seconding what other people have said, psplus is worth my few bucks. Sometimes we get a treat, sometimes not. When i get fifa in my psplus, i will consider unsubscribing. I think i might test out destiny 2, but it is probably put on the psplus to sell the dlc's and get more people into the game. Their numbers are not that great, so they're trying some sneaky tactics as well as i find the gameplay designed to keep you playing for as long as possible (specifically padding) and paying as much money as possible - same as WoW (Activision-Blizzard - ;)

Anyways, best of luck guys, dont get tangled into the web of grinding :D 

7 hours ago, Jjos said:

Well, I don't want to discourage anyone, but I fear this will turn out the same way as Destiny and The Taken King expansion.

For those unfamiliar with what happened: after one year they brought out the first "real" expansion, The Taken King which became the new "basegame" for Destiny. Nearly everything was bumped up to be compatible with the expansion and Destiny in itself completely vanished from the PS store, replaced by Destiny: The Taken King.

Those who only owned Destiny by that point merely held a trial version as best and had to upgrade if they wanted to continue.

And now offering Destiny 2 for free, just days before the launch of Destiny 2: Forsaken, leaves some sort of bad taste in my mouth. Worst (but very possible) case is, that everyone starting now is forced to buy Forsaken next week if they want to continue. And Forsaken has the pricetag of a new game, including editions up to 100 EUR.

To me it does look like an obvious bait - and I'll be happy to be proven wrong by next week. I just doubt that this will happen...

Activi$ion has really hit a new low. No wonder why I never touched Destiny and I never will, less games and trophies to care about.