None of your choices actually matter.

Tusked-Lattice

None of the scenarios or  anything really change based on your choices besides maybe a couple lines of dialogue or something like a Telltale game.

Obviously a few people can live or die at certain points though they become completely irrelevant to the story at that point anyway so how is this different from any other game? 

• Like 1

I respect how difficult it would be to have choices really matter in a narrative based game.  Even a handful of A or B decisions are going to multiply into a staggering number of possible results.  Still, why bother to claim it's "chose your own adventure" if it isn't?

24 minutes ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

None of the scenarios or  anything really change based on your choices besides maybe a couple lines of dialogue or something like a Telltale game.

Obviously a few people can live or die at certain points though they become completely irrelevant to the story at that point anyway so how is this different from any other game? 

Shocker that you have created ANOTHER thread to bitch and complain about a game. Sounds like you need to get laid with how miserable you seem lmao

• Like 4

Not really fair to compare it to Telltale which forces you into situations regardless of what you chose. I like how seemingly minor choices in this game ended up having pretty big consequences (like shooting the flare gun).

I will agree that some characters became a bit irrelevant, which sucks cause I think Jess could’ve had the most interesting arc.

• Like 2

It's a game, of course you are going to on set paths that the developers have put you on. Although I personally think games have been getting better as years gone on when it comes to a more story driven game rather then gameplay. Take Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) for a example, that was one game that choices truly did not matter at all while being a train wreck of a story. But the same developers recently made Detroit and it was much better, so things have evolved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izul said:

I think this thread is bait. OP created a similar thread a few months ago and hasn't touched the game since, so they're probably here to get some reactions. 

I actually liked the pacing and the consequences of choices in Until Dawn. There were some surprises, like the "fake decision" early on or deaths you wouldn't expect. Don't want to spoil anything, but I actually think the game handled choices very well. Therefore, I'm very excited for the Dark Pictures Anthology. 

This is exactly what this op does. He has made countless threads for games trashing them just to get people pissed and talking on his forum and every game he has done that for are extremely good and popular games which is why he does it since they will get the most rise out of people. I'm just sick of seeing this op continuously do it and wish there was a way that he was banned from the forums since he is nothing but a troll lol

• Like 2

On 29/08/2018 at 6:53 PM, rolltideroll157 said:

Shocker that you have created ANOTHER thread to bitch and complain about a game. Sounds like you need to get laid with how miserable you seem lmao

Stop stalking me you psycho.

I'm allowed to dislike any game I like. 

On 29/08/2018 at 7:17 PM, Sir_Bee said:

I am curious.  What would have to happen in order to make a choice "really matter"?

Different outcomes, scenarios and endings outside of if you die or not.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Different outcomes, scenarios and endings outside of if you die or not.

I noticed it too, also a quick look on your previous posts confirms his statement. Mostly negative based comments. I wouldnt call that stalking either.

Why not spent your time and energy on games you actually liked?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

That's not stalking, that's looking at a public profile lol.

Get off your high ground, because I'm the one that has it ?

*Smoke weed everyday by snoop dogg plays in background*

Edited by The High Ground
Having fun lol

1 hour ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

Even though I'm all against toxicity on forums, but in fairness to him, I'm not going to lie -- you do make a lot of negative posts on this forum. I kind of had a suspicion who made this thread before entering it from the front page, and that's pretty bad considering I'm not on here a  whole lot. Yes you are allowed to dislike a game, but there's literally another hate thread where you trashed the developer right below this, i.e. you made your point, move on. This really smells of someone trying to get a rise out of people, since another user pointed out that you haven't even touched the game in a while and the last thread you made trashing it was several months ago... why are we retreading this topic? Clearly this much negativity can't be healthy?

Anyway... I'm not sure how much more you want out of the game, but I was quite surprised to see how some of the choices I made pan out. Yes, it's the same type of flow chart that all of these games abide by, but I don't know why anyone would expect infinite possibilities but then again, back to the point, I don't know why anyone would compare this to Telltale when there seems to be a whole lot more going on than a good number of their games. To each their own.

• Like 4

On 29/08/2018 at 6:35 PM, Trope Hore said:

yeah the game blows 

i think Detroit is like the only interactive movie where choices actually matter

The Council changes the story quite a bit - if you've not tried that yet. You pick from three different professions at the beginning and throughout the game, you obtain new skill points which you can put into anything you want - this moulds what kind of person you are and how you can interact with people.

As such there are multiple endings to each episode, new scenes which may or may not show, certain events may or may not happen based on your choices and it's moving towards offering different endings as well.