[FIXED] Warning! Platinum takes WAY longer with Natural Disasters installed

woggly4

Edit2:

Fixed with version 6.00, thanks @xav2010 for the info and @Mackayprime79, @hotdog_president for confirming.

First Edit:

Patch 5.01 fixed the bug with the scenarios, so the Platinum isn't unobtainable anymore. BUT: The two scenario related buildings are required for "I want it all" (see https://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/141136086930162127/ and my profile as I haven't got the trophy yet... ?). So the purpose of this thread changed to "Don't install Natural Disasters if you don't want to spend a lot more time on the Platinum compared to without ND", the scenarios are very lengthy. You can't uninstall DLCs if you're on the digital version! Snowfall seems to not add up to the unique buildings (thanks for the info, @NemoG), but ND does.

Original message:

Hey,

just a warning for you guys, I've learned it the hard way. If you are a new player (or at least haven't obtained "I want it all"), DON'T install the Natural Disaster DLC. There is a bug (already reported to Paradox by some players: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/floodland-island-hopping-impossible-to-do-on-ps4.1114927/) with the ND scenarios resulting in no way to win two of the scenarios. Unfortunately, you need to unlock all DLC-buildings for "I want it all" as well. So if you have the chance to play without Natural Disaster installed (or even better completely vanilla as every DLC will add new milestones to "I want it all"), do it and get the trophy as soon as possible.

It's a shame we can't uninstall DLCs with the digital version. Seriously, why are the new DLC-buildings even required for a base game trophy..? ? 

Edit: Even initializing the PS4 on a new empty HDD doesn't help. The DLC are still marked as installed (Standard version with season pass). ?

Edited by woggly4
new info
  • Like 3

I think, the problem is not with the Natural Disasters per se, but with Mass Transit. I mean, it came with Mass Transit and affected most, if not all the scenarios, including ND's. 'Cause I had to play all its scenarios for I Want It All Trophy and I didn't have problems with stats then. I played them before installing Mass Transit (deliberately paused its downloading 'cause I didn't feel like unlocking more unique structures).

But I feel you. I was pissed myself, when I found out I had to unlock additional 20 smth buildings!!

Edited by theomgkitteh
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NemoG said:

you don't need all DLC buildings for the "I want it all trophy" as I got the trophy but not all snowfall buildings while having it installed. 

Well, I unlocked all buildings from the base game and the trophy didn't unlock. Had to unlock DLC buildings, as well, for it to pop. So, I guess, you got lucky. Or, they patched it with recent update.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5.9.2018 at 10:18 AM, NemoG said:

you don't need all DLC buildings for the "I want it all trophy" as I got the trophy but not all snowfall buildings while having it installed. 

Would be really nice, if this was true, but it isn't. When opening this thread, I forgot about the European buildings, but I've completed all requirements today except the scenario related and still no trophy. ?

However, the scenario bug seems to be fixed with the latest patch. Fingers crossed, the trophy will pop after unlocking the last two buildings.

Edit: The scenario bug on floodland is somehow fixed. Sometimes it still fails, but I already got past the 15 weeks twice, so platinum is not unobtainable anymore. However, the two scenario-buildings are required for "I want it all" - see: https://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/141136086930162127/

(first post edited)

Edited by woggly4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 3:18 AM, NemoG said:

On 9/26/2018 at 4:05 PM, woggly4 said:

Would be really nice, if this was true, but it isn't. When opening this thread, I forgot about the European buildings, but I've completed all requirements today except the scenario related and still no trophy. 1f615.png

However, the scenario bug seems to be fixed with the latest patch. Fingers crossed, the trophy will pop after unlocking the last two buildings.

Edit: The scenario bug on floodland is somehow fixed. Sometimes it still fails, but I already got past the 15 weeks twice, so platinum is not unobtainable anymore. However, the two scenario-buildings are required for "I want it all" - see: https://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/141136086930162127/

(first post edited)

If you're on a Snowfall map, then you have to unlock all of the buildings in the monument tab to get the "I Want It All" trophy. If you're on any other map, then you don't need to unlock the Snowfall buildings. I only have two more Natural Disasters DLC Scenarios to complete and I'll finally have that trophy completed... it's taking forever! The By the Dam Scenario is really tough, for me anyways...

I can confirm that the Floodland Scenario is working finally. Got that one completed after the patch came out.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:26 AM, woggly4 said:

It's a shame we can't uninstall DLCs with the digital version. Seriously, why are the new DLC-buildings even required for a base game trophy..? 1f635.png 

Edit: Even initializing the PS4 on a new empty HDD doesn't help. The DLC are still marked as installed (Standard version with season pass). 1f61f.png

You can but you'd have to download the game on an older patch version so it doesn't come installed already. You just have to follow the steps in this thread and find the url for this game

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hotdog_president said:

I only have two more Natural Disasters DLC Scenarios to complete and I'll finally have that trophy completed... it's taking forever!

Same here. ?

20 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can but you'd have to download the game on an older patch version so it doesn't come installed already. You just have to follow the steps in this thread and find the url for this game

Nice! Thanks for the link. That's an awesome find.

Edited by woggly4

• 3 months later...

Hi ;-)

I've just earned the " I want it all " trophy, and the plat'... By chance...

I've earned ALL the unics building EXCEPT Eiffel Tower AND the Unicorn park (that shit needs to win all the 5 scenarios in Natural Disaster, pretty long)

While i spammed the 600 urban services buildings (for the last unic building except Eiffel and Unicorn), i've reached the 600 and... " I want it all " has popped !

So, no need to win all the ND scenarios to earn this trophy ;-) Very good surprise for me... I was getting ready to spent a ton of hours on that scenarios :-)

6 hours ago, xav2010 said:

Hi ;-)

I've just earned the " I want it all " trophy, and the plat'... By chance...

I've earned ALL the unics building EXCEPT Eiffel Tower AND the Unicorn park (that shit needs to win all the 5 scenarios in Natural Disaster, pretty long)

While i spammed the 600 urban services buildings (for the last unic building except Eiffel and Unicorn), i've reached the 600 and... " I want it all " has popped !

So, no need to win all the ND scenarios to earn this trophy ;-) Very good surprise for me... I was getting ready to spent a ton of hours on that scenarios :-)

CONFIRMED! Thanks for the info. Loaded up a continued save and it autopopped for me as well. Finally got the plat!

Don’t know this game that well, but if you seriously need to purchase DLC to pop a base game trophy, that’s sad. That is beyond irritating when a developer tries to pull that. Not sure if it was in an effort to get people to buy DLC or not, but it’s a bad practice nonetheless.

I remember when Destiny 2 added the Osiris expansion and everybody lost their mind when they couldn’t access Nightfall Strikes on Heroic anymore because of the increased power level requirement iirc, which was locked behind the DLC. That locked out a base game trophy because of DLC, and people were angry enough to have Bungie patch the trophy (for worse, I may add). I may be wrong about it being Heroic Nightfalls but it had to do with activities being locked out that were previously available. At least these developers didn’t lick base game content away after adding the DLC like Bungie did though.

11 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

Don’t know this game that well, but if you seriously need to purchase DLC to pop a base game trophy, that’s sad. That is beyond irritating when a developer tries to pull that. Not sure if it was in an effort to get people to buy DLC or not, but it’s a bad practice nonetheless.

That's not what happened here.  Purchasing the DLC just made it so you have to jump through more hoops to unlock all the buildings (and was actually impossible at one point).  If you didn't purchase the DLC you could get that trophy easier.  So, quite the opposite.  It was just bugs and bad design, not some scheme.

Anyway, it's good to hear this is fixed!  Also, I'm guessing that "Frenetic Player" might also be fixed?  I see 5 people got it today so far, since the update.

I might go back to this one next after I finish up the platinum I'm currently working on if there's nothing bugged now.

Edited by dmland12
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

That's not what happened here.  Purchasing the DLC just made it so you have to jump through more hoops to unlock all the buildings (and was actually impossible at one point).  If you didn't purchase the DLC you could get that trophy easier.  So, quite the opposite.  It was just bugs and bad design, not some scheme.

Anyway, it's good to hear this is fixed!  Also, I'm guessing that "Frenetic Player" might also be fixed?  I see 5 people got it today so far, since the update.

I might go back to this one next after I finish up the platinum I'm currently working on if there's nothing bugged now.

Ah, got it. Thanks for letting me know! :D

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 4:36 PM, woggly4 said:

As of patch patch 5.01 the Platinum is achievable again. With patch 6.00 they removed the scenarios as a requirement for "I want it all", so currently the Platinum is not only achievable but faster achievable.

Seems like it. I got “I want it all” trophy without Eiffel Tower and arc de triomphe so it’s really fast

• Like 1