Genuinely amazed somebody could make Battleship bad....

Lag_The_Ravager

But Ubisoft have done it!

This campaign is the most ridiculous thing ever... I'm okay with the new 'Clash at Sea' game rules, they really speed the game up - but the campaign's actual scenarios are nothing short of a joke.

They'll start you in a mission with 2 ships vs 5.  They'll put you in missions where the enemy can shoot 3 scans and 3 shots per turn but you only 2 of each.  I mean the only reason Battleship works as a game is because it's balanced.... this just throws that out the window and I'm left scratching my head, it's really not fun because Battleship is and always will be a game about dumb luck and hoping you hit something, and it just doesn't work right when the odds are uneven and clearly unbalanced.

If you're looking for a classic Battleship experience to platinum, this isn't it folks :/ 

My god... can't even believe I'm complaining about balance in a Battleship game... bravo Ubisfot... bravo... 

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager

I can tell you from personal experience that they didn't give two shits about this game. They wanted something to tie in with the movie, along with all the other merchandise it had, and sell as much as possible before people realized how bad it was. The entire game was done on the cheap with a minimal team. I'm also confused why you're blaming Ubisoft? They had nothing to do with the game, it was made by Activision.

• Like 1

Just a friendly reminder...

There are two games named Battleship. One with a Platinum, one without. One is a somewhat proper game, the other one is not.

Which one are you all talking about?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5167-battleship

Edited by grifteskymfning
spelling

On 8/31/2018 at 0:01 PM, grifteskymfning said:

Just a friendly reminder...

There are two games named Battleship. One with a Platinum, one without. One is a somewhat proper game, the other one is not.

Which one are you all talking about?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5167-battleship

On 8/31/2018 at 0:09 PM, Lance_87 said:

If he's talking about "Clash at Sea rules" it's the PS4 game. I was confused, too.

On 8/31/2018 at 0:27 PM, Willreaper41 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused, the link is to the Activision one based off the movie but they're describing something else entirely. Although it is ironic both were made by Activision.

I am sorry I originally clicked 'More' on the discussions on the proper page for the game, I'm not sure why it's not in the proper branch of the forums.  

On 8/31/2018 at 0:27 PM, Willreaper41 said:

Although it is ironic both were made by Activision.

Just chiming back here because I didn't notice this the first time.

For what it's worth I said Ubisoft because I own it via the Hasbro Family Fun Pack which IS Ubisoft.  It has uplay rewards and everything.  It goes into the trophy list as Battleship PS4, so it is the correct game - but the info here on PSN profiles is incorrect as:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/hasbro-family-pack/
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/hasbro-family-fun-pack-super-edition/bt21z933pqch?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab
(I had to use the second link to put developer to Title**)

They credit:
1. Asobo Studio - Monopoly Plus
2. Frima Studio - Battleship
3. Longtail - Scrabble** (Longtail is credited by Ubisoft, but the MS link doesn't have scrabble so we can only logically assume they ARE the dev for Scrabble)
4 .Zoe Mode  (Risk Urban Assault)

The publisher isn't wrong about their credits, PSN profiles is.  Technically I guess I'm wrong for blaming Ubisoft as they only published, it's Frima Studios I have a problem with

Presumably each of those studios developed one of the 4 games in the pack - which is responsible for Battleship I cannot say, but the game has naught in the world to do with Activision. 

Somebody obviously lazily copy pastad the PS3 versions info box over and just changed the system details and date.  You can also verify this on the PSN store yourselves.  Be it the standalone Battleship - or the Hasbro bundle - both are labelled Ubisoft Entertainment.  

The PS4 version is not an Activision game.