How hard is it to plat an nba game?

BlacknWhite098

I've never played an nba game and every i see only a few people get the platinum so what's the deal about it is it hard that only the elite can finish or is it easy but time consuming if it was only time consuming then it would have more achievers i rarely see any trophy guides about it so can someone please explain what should people do for this plat and what usually keeps people from getting it? thanks

• Like 1

The games for the past few years have been incredibly unfair grinds that rely heavily on virtual currency. The rate at which you accumulate the virtual currency is so slow that it wouldn't be possible to get it all for free. On NBA 2K15 the "There's More?" trophy required around $2000 worth of microtransactions, on NBA 2K16 there were player cards and they had Runes on them and it was random luck based crap whether your card would have a rune on it or not, so someone could get them all quickly and for free while others had to spend hundreds of dollars without getting every rune. NBA 2K17 was always unobtainable because of a glitched trophy that was never fixed. NBA 2K18 supposedly takes over 800 hours of grinding to platinum now, which I would consider not really worth it if you don't like the game. All the NBA games shut down within 2 years of release, but various things stop working on every NBA game which makes them take even longer to platinum, then there's the fact that 2K never fixes broken trophies so if a trophy was never possible, it won't become possible later on down the line. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The games for the past few years have been incredibly unfair grinds that rely heavily on virtual currency. The rate at which you accumulate the virtual currency is so slow that it wouldn't be possible to get it all for free. On NBA 2K15 the "There's More?" trophy required around $2000 worth of microtransactions, on NBA 2K16 there were player cards and they had Runes on them and it was random luck based crap whether your card would have a rune on it or not, so someone could get them all quickly and for free while others had to spend hundreds of dollars without getting every rune. NBA 2K17 was always unobtainable because of a glitched trophy that was never fixed. NBA 2K18 supposedly takes over 800 hours of grinding to platinum now, which I would consider not really worth it if you don't like the game. All the NBA games shut down within 2 years of release, but various things stop working on every NBA game which makes them take even longer to platinum, then there's the fact that 2K never fixes broken trophies so if a trophy was never possible, it won't become possible later on down the line. 

Damn thanks for the explanation you are right its not worth spending time on it if i dont like it and seriously 2k shows little support for the game i mean why not have the servers fora bit longer or at least fix the broken trophies

34 minutes ago, ZireaelReviews said:

Live is plattable but 2k just dont bother with it, just dont. I mean you already know the answer when there are over 50,000 people on psn and less then a hundred have the plat on it in 2k

Live on the other hand is doable cept for 1 annoying challenge

Yeah if live ever goes on sale i might get it 

29 minutes ago, MMDE said:

@grimydawg

:P 

just checked his profile he has every plat since 2k11 damn thats some real commitment ? would like to get an explanation from him

• Like 1

@Sergen pretty much explained it except for NBA 2K16.  You would have actually had to spend at least $5000 on NBA 2K15.  That's what folks on YouTube do anyway for games like Madden, FIFA or whatever sports game to play with godly teams.  I would have easily spent that much, if I didn't do an exploit. I'm almost positive NBA 2K18 can't be achieved right now, if you were to start it now, because there's a goal on the MyTeam mode where you have to do weekly challenges to obtain the high reward of Pink Diamond David Robinson.  You pretty much had to start at like November to have a chance.  I'm going to try an knock out what I need for the weekend online wise.  Basically, if you're a veteran of the series, you should be OK, but don't pick it up if you're trying to get a :platinum: unless you really enjoy the game.  2K isn't for the feint of heart for trophy hunters.  I laugh at people all the time when they complain about a grind or when something may be a challenge or I'll expose certain people because they think they're good at a game because they got a trophy, then I wax them in Street Fighter :facepalm: I don't know how 2K19 is going to be since I haven't seen the trophy list yet, but I'm expecting a scrub to put his/her "thoughts: on a thread soon LOL

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grimydawg said:

@Sergen pretty much explained it except for NBA 2K16.  You would have actually had to spend at least $5000 on NBA 2K15.  That's what folks on YouTube do anyway for games like Madden, FIFA or whatever sports game to play with godly teams.  I would have easily spent that much, if I didn't do an exploit. I'm almost positive NBA 2K18 can't be achieved right now, if you were to start it now, because there's a goal on the MyTeam mode where you have to do weekly challenges to obtain the high reward of Pink Diamond David Robinson.  You pretty much had to start at like November to have a chance.  I'm going to try an knock out what I need for the weekend online wise.  Basically, if you're a veteran of the series, you should be OK, but don't pick it up if you're trying to get a :platinum: unless you really enjoy the game.  2K isn't for the feint of heart for trophy hunters.  I laugh at people all the time when they complain about a grind or when something may be a challenge or I'll expose certain people because they think they're good at a game because they got a trophy, then I wax them in Street Fighter :facepalm: I don't know how 2K19 is going to be since I haven't seen the trophy list yet, but I'm expecting a scrub to put his/her "thoughts: on a thread soon LOL

You should definitely consider writing a guide for 2k19 when it comes out

7 hours ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

Damn thanks for the explanation you are right its not worth spending time on it if i dont like it and seriously 2k shows little support for the game i mean why not have the servers fora bit longer or at least fix the broken trophies

Yeah if live ever goes on sale i might get it 

just checked his profile he has every plat since 2k11 damn thats some real commitment 1f631.png would like to get an explanation from him

Dude live was after 4 or 5 months 10 euros digitally on the store ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZireaelReviews said:

If you dont look at the trophies 2k is the game to play imo

We'll see.  NBA Live has significantly improve its gameplay every year.  I may even get it launch date.  NBA 2K18 is trash with the blowing by animations and the scrubs playing with Ben Simmons or other bigs as the PG.  They took improve it this year, from what I've seen and played so far.

14 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

We'll see.  NBA Live has significantly improve its gameplay every year.  I may even get it launch date.  NBA 2K18 is trash with the blowing by animations and the scrubs playing with Ben Simmons or other bigs as the PG.  They took improve it this year, from what I've seen and played so far.

From the prelude of 19 i feel 2k has made a huge step forward will live feels so stale,

It's like comparing fifa to pes one ?