Beyondthegrave07

National trophy Hunting Day Community Event! R2 - OVER

Would you like to participate?   102 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for earning some trophies on Sept 22nd 2018?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but I do not want to be in the drawing for U.S. PSN cards
    • No.
  2. 2. Would you like to volunteer to count trophies?

• Yes, I would love to help with the event!
    • No thanks!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

301 posts in this topic

It's awesome that you're running this event again :D

Nice im glad your doing this always nice to see somebody trying to bring the community together. I totally get the whole not tagging everybody in the event thing. If they really wanted it they would mark it on their calendar.

Also my favorite video game quote is from Max Payne 3

"It was a bad idea, but in the absence of any good ones, I went with it."

Wow, can't believe it has already been a year, I was lucky to win one of the cards last year. I am going to save couple easy games for the day.

Seems like I missed the last event due to my year-long absence from this site. But since it's a Saturday I'm gonna do my best to make up for last year. :lol:

So all we have to do is earn as many trophies as possible on the 22nd of this month? If so, please sign me up. I might be able to get 100-300 trophies. No promises though but will do my best. 

Nice giveaway! Unfortunately for me it’s a saturday. I just don’t have time to play games on saturday. Good luck to everyone who enters.

I wasn't around for the previous iteration(s) of this event but really looking forward to this year's.

Happy to help in any way I can!

Currently my games have time-consuming trophies but i'll try to save some for the 22nd.Maybe i'll get to continue Heavy Rain

Very generous of you, so thank you. I've voted so I'm in. Best of luck to everyone on the 22nd. 

Of course I'm in. Oh and here's a quote...

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" -Auron, FFX

Alright, I'll give it a shot this year! I think I can manage 100 trophies if I go for some quick games. I'll help count the trophies at least!

1 hour ago, adam1984123 said:

Very generous of you, so thank you. I've voted so I'm in. Best of luck to everyone on the 22nd. 

ditto 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Well, since this is at a Saturday, I'm in. 

works out to be a Sunday for me thanks to timezones

36 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

ditto 

works out to be a Sunday for me thanks to timezones

Well for me is somewhat the same (half Saturday half Sunday), but it's the best time for me to be sure to get a few trophies! 

@Beyondthegrave07 Would it be possible to add a countdown to the post?

If I get it correctly this should be the start time and end time?

Start: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180922T00&p0=179&font=cursive

End: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180922T235959&p0=179&font=cursive

You can also create them on your own by following this link:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/create

On 9/2/2018 at 9:08 AM, Crimson Idol said:

@Beyondthegrave07 Would it be possible to add a countdown to the post?

If I get it correctly this should be the start time and end time?

Start: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180922T00&p0=179&font=cursive

End: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180922T235959&p0=179&font=cursive

You can also create them on your own by following this link:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/create

Thanks, I actually asked Dragon to make one for me but he was too slow! (He's probably still having troubles figuring out how to use the computer with his giant dragon claws!) :P I was surprised at all @Kent was even able to hit the "Yes" button with his arthritis in his hands and osteoporosis (but in all seriousness, I'm glad your back this year! xD)   

On 9/2/2018 at 6:08 AM, BakkerJ said:

Nice giveaway! Unfortunately for me it’s a saturday. I just don’t have time to play games on saturday. Good luck to everyone who enters.

Thanks for volunteering to count trophies anyways even though you can't participate! I wanted to let you know that it didn't go unnoticed! :) 

On 9/1/2018 at 10:05 PM, Mesopithecus said:

It's awesome that you're running this event again :D

Can't stop, won't stop! I'm hoping we'll break 100 participants this year! The event should really be about having fun earning lots of trophies and adding to the total. The reason I started the event was to have something fun everyone on the site could have fun and participate in and try to bring us closer together! (like @shadowhood1111 mentioned) The PSN cards should just be icing on the cake.

Last year, I was able to dedicate the whole day to earning trophies, but this year I may actually be busy looking at my calendar. I may run a 5K that day for charity early so my count won't be as high.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Voted yes and that I'd help, but really don't know if I can help after the event. We'll see. Maybe I should look through my games and choose a game or two for the event.

Lovely idea, I somehow missed this event before! Although I’ll be working a cheeky 13 hour shift that day eh sure I’ll earn a few trophies to add towards the grand total :D 

3 hours ago, DJROE95 said:

Lovely idea, I somehow missed this event before! Although I’ll be working a cheeky 13 hour shift that day eh sure I’ll earn a few trophies to add towards the grand total :D 

Knowing my luck, I will be called in and have to do the same, lol

14 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Thanks, I actually asked Dragon to make one for me but he was too slow! (He's probably still having troubles figuring out how to use the computer with his giant dragon claws!) :P

I was wondering why there was a tag notification :lol: .

Anyone have any ideas what they are going to play or if you're just going to wing it and earn trophies in whatever?

I've been wanting to get Reverie since it plays like a classic Zelda game and the game is about a 5-hour platinum, so I think now's the perfect time to buy it. My backup is to play Burnout Paradise and Teslagrad and get a bunch of trophies. If something goes on sale the next couple weeks, I may pick up something else. Though, this event is hard to choose between playing 1 game or 10 games... I can never decide which is better! :P

I missed last years event, but this year I am actually going to take out some hard earned holiday hours just to be free this exact day.

Already building a mental list in my head about which games to play and which trophies to pop.