[Fixed in v1.06] [Guide] Getting platinum after the v1.05 fiasco

HusKy

15 hours ago, CoffeePS said:

Thank you HusKyCode for the excellent guide, I was able to redownload the digital copy of the game with the 1.04 patch using Charles. You need to start the download once, do the mapping, and then cancel and trying downloading again. My file sizes were oddly not the same as you reported, my 1.04 version was around 33 gb, but who cares it worked! Thanks again, I owe this platinum to you and your efforts.

awesome

i tried delete the game, redownload, mapping the json using charles, cancel and redownload again. at first it did download the 1.04 patch but when charles closed i changed my ps4 wifi setting to normal again and let it download in rest mode coz it need 5-6 hours to complete. and then when i start the game again after the download completed, i still stuck when starting death run at buckle down and craggy crew.

where did i go wrong with this? should i let my ps4 on when downloading the patch? or maybe it need to finish the 1.04 patch before charles closed?

please help me

15 hours ago, gamerstrezz said:

awesome

i tried delete the game, redownload, mapping the json using charles, cancel and redownload again. at first it did download the 1.04 patch but when charles closed i changed my ps4 wifi setting to normal again and let it download in rest mode coz it need 5-6 hours to complete. and then when i start the game again after the download completed, i still stuck when starting death run at buckle down and craggy crew.

where did i go wrong with this? should i let my ps4 on when downloading the patch? or maybe it need to finish the 1.04 patch before charles closed?

please help me

Check game info, what version is installed? Your PS4 most likely downloaded the 1.05 patch afterwards. It's mentioned in the first post that PS4 will still try to download this patch as well.

@CoffeePS Would you like to provide some details about how you downgraded your digital version?

edit.

Instructions for digital version by /r/sdrawkcaBdaeRnaCuoY from reddit.

Edited by HusKyCode

Nothing too different from what you did - I deleted Mad Max, set up Charles, then began redownloading the game. Found the request you had highlighted and remapped it to 1.04. Then I canceled the download, started it up again and noticed the file size had shrunk to around 33 GB. Once 5 GB were downloaded it let me boot up the game, as soon as it booted up 1.05 began downloading as a separate file. I simply paused that and let the first download finish (Charles had to be restarted a couple times due to 30 min limit) and then was able to play the game on 1.04.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 0:55 AM, HusKyCode said:

Check game info, what version is installed? Your PS4 most likely downloaded the 1.05 patch afterwards. It's mentioned in the first post that PS4 will still try to download this patch as well.

@CoffeePS Would you like to provide some details about how you downgraded your digital version?

edit.

Instructions for digital version by /r/sdrawkcaBdaeRnaCuoY from reddit.

13 hours ago, CoffeePS said:

Nothing too different from what you did - I deleted Mad Max, set up Charles, then began redownloading the game. Found the request you had highlighted and remapped it to 1.04. Then I canceled the download, started it up again and noticed the file size had shrunk to around 33 GB. Once 5 GB were downloaded it let me boot up the game, as soon as it booted up 1.05 began downloading as a separate file. I simply paused that and let the first download finish (Charles had to be restarted a couple times due to 30 min limit) and then was able to play the game on 1.04.

i see...so i have to keep restarting charles if it closed and wait until download complete 

i'll try this method next weekend and i'll update here again

• 4 weeks later...

@HusKyCode

So, I tried setting up that proxy server, tried 2 different Wi-Fi networks, but it won't seem to connect to either of them. I can obtain my IP Adress after running Charles, it is succesfull on the PS4 when testing the connection. But it seems to fail after that... haveany clues?

- Edit, apparently i was using wrong ip, will have a try now :)

Edited by PS-Bruud

@MMDE isn't that against the rules and flagable?

Using network software to maliciously obtain trophies - Using non-official network software to alter a game's network interaction, or in-game or server environment to earn a trophy in a way that doesn't legitimately fulfill the trophy's requirements. No custom/emulated servers that modifies the in-game or server environment, or unlocks a trophy when the official servers were online. No software that sends packets to the game intended to make the game behave in a manner as if you've accomplished something in-game that you haven't legitimately done to earn a trophy. No software projects not publicly shared. The use of a standard proxy, VPN or similar service is okay. See the above section for things not flaggable regarding public custom servers which are allowed.

Edited by ScooloV

Using non-official network software to alter a game's network interaction, or in-game or server environment to earn a trophy in a way that doesn't legitimately fulfill the trophy's requirements

This doesn't alter the game in any way or shape. The update file is official and is provided by Sony servers.

The trophies earned afterwards need to be earned legitimately by playing the game as intended.

edit. However, I'm also curious about @MMDE 's opinion on this matter.

Also valid point by @Demon--Prototype. The game is indistinguishable from legit 1.04 installation.

Edited by HusKyCode
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Should we also flag the people that simply haven't downloaded the latest patch and can still earn the trophies?

Yup, but that doesn't mean you need to have instructions for others how to change network environment.

3 minutes ago, HusKyCode said:

This doesn't alter the game in any way or shape.

Game? Yeah, that's true, but you change the network environment. Otherwise I just want to wait for @MMDE and his opinion.

28 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

But you just told that you change nothing. Ok, let's hear from inquisition and that's it.

I think when they say "network environment", it's more to do with affecting the online servers of an existing game. Like Uno has a trophy for becoming top 50 in the world, if you modded your stats by sending network packets to the game so you could become number 49 on the game, you'd then be changing the network environment. Methods that fix a game without modding the console and still allow people to earn the trophies legitimately don't get flagged. If people did get flagged for this, they could just say "I never updated my game to the latest version and decided to get the trophy on version 1.04" and that would result in unflagging. 

23 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Methods that fix a game without modding the console and still allow people to earn the trophies legitimately don't get flagged.

Well, let see what @MMDE says.

If this is really legal, I would just roll back all my PS4 games back to 1.00 patches and glitch out some trophies (like in WRC5), which were later fixed by the patch.

1 minute ago, ScooloV said:

If this is really legal, I would just roll back all my PS4 games back to 1.00 patches and glitch out some trophies (like in WRC5), which were later fixed by the patch.

Sure, just buy physical and you don't even need a proxy server.

• Like 1

Just now, ScooloV said:

Going back to 1.00 would already be doable without this patch blocker, if you delete the application from your console then re-download it without updating it. It only works for disc copies and so does this patch blocker, there's no way to cancel a patch for a digital game because the download automatically assumes you want the latest patch.