I heard this was well received in Japan.

Eraezr

The game is amazing! Just platinumed it! (Had it for about 5 days for review - which should be up later today) - 71 hours it took me to get the platinum as there was a lot to do in order to get them and a lot of reading (which can't be skipped unless you've gone down that particular pathway before.

85 endings, 4 bonus stories, a quiz, hidden combos etc.... Absolutely amazing game. Some people in the Japanese version on PS3 have platinumed it in 15 hours - I have no idea how! I read everything and pretty much saw everything the game had to offer!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BerserkerHeru said:

Woah, that's gonna be A LOT of reading lol. I wonder if this version has anything added to it compared to previous versions with that much content? This game did originally come out of the Wii after all.

Same as the Wii and the PS3 versions. A few things were changed around - like some of the combos post-game and the translations of the quiz answers (which made me go and find them all without any help haha!) but it's the same game. However, English takes longer to type on screen and read than Japanese, so that probably accounted for the much longers time than the Japanese versions as well. 
Only thing I didn't like was the fact there were no voices :(  even if it was Japanese. I've seen the post-real ending blooper/funny reel and the actors did actually act everything out like a film, then they turned it into images rather than FMV. I imagine it was to fit the size of a DVD back in the day as the PS4 version is less than 5GB in size as well

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, turniplord said:

there were no voices :( 

Aww really? That's kind of a shame. It would've been nice to have it added for this version. I'm kinda glad I didn't try to play any of the older versions then. While I don't really have a problem understanding Japanese, I'm not the best at Kanji so it would be a lot harder for me to read through the game.

Looks great... i think it is similar to Late Shift and The Bunker in terms of graphic style? Live Action Game but then without a voice acting? :(  I'm curious how much money it'll cost but i'll keep this in mind at least for now :) 

I see a demo in the canadian store but not in the german one :( i'll test this game later :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Looks great... i think it is similar to Late Shift and The Bunker in terms of graphic style? Live Action Game but then without a voice acting? :(  I'm curious how much money it'll cost but i'll keep this in mind at least for now :) 

I see a demo in the canadian store but not in the german one :( i'll test this game later :)

Half right - It is 'live acting' but it's also not - it's still images for 99.9% of the game.

So, they filmed the game as you would a movie, but then pulled out each shot in the game as a still from the video. There are a handful of video sequences, usually when something big is about to happen, but the vast majority is a still image.

Well, that's also not true - it uses moving images a lot - but not moving images as in a movie. As in, the image will literally move. Say the image is of a hallway, as the text is appearing it may slowly begin zooming into the hallway so it gives the impression you're going down it. or the image pans from left to right as you see the surrounding environments whilst reading.

The game isn't out in EU until Sept 21st - it's out in NA regions today. So EU will get a demo in a few weeks.

14 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Thx for explaining @turniplord :) It'd be even better if it'd be a real movie like game but i'm still interested :D

But why do we in EU have to wait so much longer? :(

more localisation - may have more languages + Spike Chunsoft are based in the USA so they get things earlier - like that Fire wrestling game.

It's like how us in EU get PQube games first as they are based here in the UK

15 minutes ago, turniplord said:

more localisation - may have more languages + Spike Chunsoft are based in the USA so they get things earlier - like that Fire wrestling game.

It's like how us in EU get PQube games first as they are based here in the UK

I don't think lokalisations do more work in this case as VNs at least in Germany are sometimes published in english too and text translations are easier compared to voice acting which doesn't exist you said... but there are more countries and rating boards to get an approval so that is the main reason i bet on... either way we have to be patient for this month :)

1 minute ago, JPageMartin36 said:

Does it have English subtitles?

Yeah - it's only in English. It's not 'subtitles' as such though - it's like an actual book/novel with a narration and exposition rather than just a conversation

But yeah - it's all English with sound effects and music - no voices (three wasn't any in the Japanese version either)

• Like 1

bit of a shameless plug, but here's my 5k word review: http://www.gamepitt.co.uk/428-shibuya-scramble-ps4-review/

no spoilers and no detailed info on what's happening - just brief character situations and an explanation of how the game works.

It's an amazing game. 

3 hours ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

ooooh Spike Chunsoft? sounds like I may give this a go if it goes down in price. 

Yup - the game designer is the actual founder of Chunsoft as well :)

Well worth its full price tbh :)

• 1 year later...