Shaowsintzu

NHL 19 Trophy List Thoughts

17 posts in this topic

The latest entry in the EA NHL series, brings us NHL 19 with Cover Star and the Defensmen of the Nashville Predators Pernell-Karl Sylvester or more commonly know as P.K. Subban whom is at the helm of this years trophy list thumbnail, trophies art for each individual trophy have a sleek and very minimalistic design, requirements to attain each trophies seem doable but require a large amount of time sink from the player, is this usual NHL trophy list or is this an improvement upon on last years NHL 18 trophy list? 🏒

Edited by Shaowsintzu

Very similar to last year. I'm certainly not up for the long level 50 grind again so I'll be passing on this one. Although division 1 in online HUT seasons would probably make it impossible for me anyway.

Edited by Kapika96

Same old list with a few minor changes.  At least there will be no more searching for EASHL teams that were undefeated, won in the playoffs or won the league title.

Damn another year with the same dry list. It's so lazy. I wish they would make more universal trophies that weren't specific to particular modes. 

NHL is by far my most played game every year so it sucks to come away with like 30% of the trophies when your putting in 100+ hours. 

Disappointed, but not surprised. Madden and Live pretty much copied and pasted too. Lazy fluckers.

I stink controlling all players, so i have little chance at some of the HUT trophies. I'm only really good at EASHL, or real-life hockey when i only need to control myself.

I hated 3's and got lucky to be invited to the final game of the final circuit to get that trophy. I can probably get the 1's trophies. We'll see. I play past the trophies. I love the sport and will probably play about 5-600 EASHL games again.

Not getting the game this year but adding Division 1 HUT is a nice touch.  Reaching it is certainly doable.  Winning Div 1 (8 wins in 10 games against the elites) was a much harder challenge in the old days.

Not up for leveling EASHL player to Level 50 again. 

Overall, the trophies look very doable (largely repeated).

On 2018-09-15 at 5:04 AM, VengefulShark said:

As long as the Division 1 trophy is boostable with a group, doesn't look like that bad of a list

How do u boost this one?

On 04/09/2018 at 7:53 PM, daPIANIST said:

Damn another year with the same dry list. It's so lazy. I wish they would make more universal trophies that weren't specific to particular modes. 

NHL is by far my most played game every year so it sucks to come away with like 30% of the trophies when your putting in 100+ hours. 

Most of the trophies come out really easy... I got 50% completion in about 4 hours of playing, you mostly need to do easy actions like completing a game in some of the game modes or scoring with a deke. Except for reaching division 1 in HUT and reaching level 50 in CHEL (which is easier than before since you can get XP in an offline mode named Pro-am and in Threes games), you can barely get 70% of the trophies pretty quickly, and then enjoy the game in your favourite game modes.

Except for division 1 in HUT and reaching the final rink in Ones, you don't even need to be good at this game to get trophies since all the deking ones can be done with a friend or 2 controllers in front of an empty net.

On 19/11/2018 at 0:24 PM, MarcancooL said:

Most of the trophies come out really easy... I got 50% completion in about 4 hours of playing, you mostly need to do easy actions like completing a game in some of the game modes or scoring with a deke. Except for reaching division 1 in HUT and reaching level 50 in CHEL (which is easier than before since you can get XP in an offline mode named Pro-am and in Threes games), you can barely get 70% of the trophies pretty quickly, and then enjoy the game in your favourite game modes.

Except for division 1 in HUT and reaching the final rink in Ones, you don't even need to be good at this game to get trophies since all the deking ones can be done with a friend or 2 controllers in front of an empty net.

You make lots of great points. But my issue isn't that the trophies are too hard, it's that they are boring and reused year after year. I think I have like 50% which is actually up a lot. I just wish they would make the trophies less mode specific. Ultimately it doesn't really matter but I like collecting trophies and it sucks my most played game has a copy and paste list every year. I'm mostly just mad at the laziness. 

13 hours ago, daPIANIST said:

You make lots of great points. But my issue isn't that the trophies are too hard, it's that they are boring and reused year after year. I think I have like 50% which is actually up a lot. I just wish they would make the trophies less mode specific. Ultimately it doesn't really matter but I like collecting trophies and it sucks my most played game has a copy and paste list every year. I'm mostly just mad at the laziness. 

I agree with you 100%. I wouldn't have bought NHL 19 but a friend insisted so we can play LHEAS, but I've waited black friday sale because I won't pay more than 40$ anymore for this game. They should skip a few years between games and only offer roster updates, so we could see a good difference when a new NHL comes out, and have plenty of time to enjoy every game mode. I don't get how you can go deep in this game before the next one goes out, unless you only play NHL...

On 23/11/2018 at 9:08 AM, MarcancooL said:

I agree with you 100%. I wouldn't have bought NHL 19 but a friend insisted so we can play LHEAS, but I've waited black friday sale because I won't pay more than 40$ anymore for this game. They should skip a few years between games and only offer roster updates, so we could see a good difference when a new NHL comes out, and have plenty of time to enjoy every game mode. I don't get how you can go deep in this game before the next one goes out, unless you only play NHL...

Yeah, I think youre spot on. The game needs some drastic changes. I had been hopefully that the change to the frostbite engine was going to be the big push it needed... but it sounds like that's not longer. 

I used to play a lot of NHL, and spent about 2-3000 USD annually on HUT, but I plain sucked too much to be able to obtain the final trophies related to HUT, so I gave the game series up and haven't bought the two last editions. It just annoys me not being able to platinum the game after all the time I spend in it.

I think that they, as indeed most other games which are made to be able to play single play to a greater extent, should release the multiplayer part as a free expansion with its own trophies. That way, people like myself could platinum the game without having to spend time playing against other humans. 

It's my lowest percentage of NHL trophies unlocked in a long time. It's almost always the same bs. I'm not good at controlling all 5 players, so i could never reach division 1 in HUT.

I can't stand 1's, 3's or mascots, lol, so there you go as far as what i think of this list.