Underrated

Fubuki

13 hours ago, The Titan said:

There's still a lot of players daily who play shadow fall. The game has a great player base. Really dedicated fans. I hope to see a new Killzone game soon.

I just found that probably 50% of the time I'd get dumped in a lobby on my own (which ended up great for getting some of the challenges and collectibles done though!), but I'm in Australia and so maybe that had something to do with it as it's pretty common to not be able to connect to other region lobbies in games. 

I'd love to see a new Killzone soon too (although admittedly I'm still yet to play the campaign of KZ3 and KZ:SF). Even better would be a special edition PS5 with the Helghast eyes or something along that line on it ?

• 11 months later...

I find the critical scores the game received was correct since there some pros and cons to this game. 

Pros: 

- Beautilful scenery

- Multiplayer gameplay is fast and compact with action in the right maps/spots.

- A lot of variety in weapons and abilities.

- Intercept can be challenging but engaging due to the impressive AI coordination.

- All Microtranstions can be earned through ingame currency.

- Emotional compatible antagonists

Cons:

- Story is a kinda weak and only gets interesting at the end.

- Characters are pretty clique despite the Helghast being relatable antagonists.

- Felt like you were in the wrong the most of the time with little sense to contradict it.

- Feel of gameplay is a little too heavy for a FPS (imo).

Overall, a good 7/10 and sales from the release will surely bring another entry in the series

I’ve played and platinumed Killzone, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Killzone 3 Multiplayer, Killzone Mercenary, and Killzone Shadow Fall. The only game I’ve not 100% completed (DLC) is SF. As a die hard fan of the series, the game just doesn’t stack up against the previous ones. I’ve completed them all legit with no boosting, as someone mentioned earlier KZ would actively drop bans in the earlier days for boosting. 

Overall the single player isn’t as good, and doesn’t really follow any of the previous story (Rico and Sev). The online is far too limited compared with 2 and 3. To be fair 3 was a little watered down to 2, and then it’s been watered down more. As someone mentioned everyone seems to think 2 was the pinnacle, and that was definitely true for me. 32 player games rather than 24, with large open maps. SF feels more like a close quarters combat game, where guns like the shotgun are overpowered. Deployable spawn points were important to tactically take control of the map, but also avoid being base camped. While you can do this in SF, because the maps are so closed in you just spawn and die more often than not if you are not controlling the map. I didn’t like the reduction in classes, or the redistribution of skills for each class either. Sniper was my favourite, and in one game on Kz2 I racked up an 88-1 kill-death playing as sniper. The marksman class on SF was more about camping choke points in the map where the whole team would have to come down the same alley or through the same door. In Kz2, the maps were big and open, and you could freely snipe. Kz2 did have some close quarters combat maps though, like Tharsis Depot. Playing Engineer with either boost or air support on that map was fun as hell! Again that was kinda removed with the redistribution of classes. One of my other big disappointments was the chat system. 2 was fun, you could squad chat but also chat to people in close proximity, and since there was an 8 second bleed out on most kills, you could run over and t-bag someone with a few words of taunt. I mean, I get why they had to remove that, I died many a time t-bagging someone (worth it!), but I guess it opens up lines of abuse. They did away with the cross team chat in 3, but there was still communication. In SF, I hardly remember a team communicating at all, at least while I played. The games were silent, it felt like you were playing botzone, and that really killed the enjoyment for me. Each to their own though, I just wish for a remaster of 2, with online, as I’m sure many do. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

I’ve played and platinumed Killzone, Killzone 2, Killzone 3, Killzone 3 Multiplayer, Killzone Mercenary, and Killzone Shadow Fall. The only game I’ve not 100% completed (DLC) is SF. As a die hard fan of the series, the game just doesn’t stack up against the previous ones. I’ve completed them all legit with no boosting, as someone mentioned earlier KZ would actively drop bans in the earlier days for boosting. 

Overall the single player isn’t as good, and doesn’t really follow any of the previous story (Rico and Sev). The online is far too limited compared with 2 and 3. To be fair 3 was a little watered down to 2, and then it’s been watered down more. As someone mentioned everyone seems to think 2 was the pinnacle, and that was definitely true for me. 32 player games rather than 24, with large open maps. SF feels more like a close quarters combat game, where guns like the shotgun are overpowered. Deployable spawn points were important to tactically take control of the map, but also avoid being base camped. While you can do this in SF, because the maps are so closed in you just spawn and die more often than not if you are not controlling the map. I didn’t like the reduction in classes, or the redistribution of skills for each class either. Sniper was my favourite, and in one game on Kz2 I racked up an 88-1 kill-death playing as sniper. The marksman class on SF was more about camping choke points in the map where the whole team would have to come down the same alley or through the same door. In Kz2, the maps were big and open, and you could freely snipe. Kz2 did have some close quarters combat maps though, like Tharsis Depot. Playing Engineer with either boost or air support on that map was fun as hell! Again that was kinda removed with the redistribution of classes. One of my other big disappointments was the chat system. 2 was fun, you could squad chat but also chat to people in close proximity, and since there was an 8 second bleed out on most kills, you could run over and t-bag someone with a few words of taunt. I mean, I get why they had to remove that, I died many a time t-bagging someone (worth it!), but I guess it opens up lines of abuse. They did away with the cross team chat in 3, but there was still communication. In SF, I hardly remember a team communicating at all, at least while I played. The games were silent, it felt like you were playing botzone, and that really killed the enjoyment for me. Each to their own though, I just wish for a remaster of 2, with online, as I’m sure many do. 

In terms of online, I can clearly see why you think that. For me, Killzone 3 was really fun. Just plat that game too recently and the online from what I've played was genuinely fun. I only got to play online for about 3 months before the servers got shut down. KZ2 unfortunately, didn't live up to my expectations (probably due to the old ass servers). Maybe a Remaster of KZ2 and KZ3 online would be great for PS4/PS5? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to see that once great Sony franchises have fallen by the wayside. Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, inFamous. I think God of War and Gran Turismo are the only two left that Sony gives a shit about. 

Never got to Killzone 2 or 3. Jumped on the PS3 far too late for them. 

If I can pick up Killzone: Shadowfall for dirt cheap then I will. Botzone sounds much like Killzone: Mercenary, but like with Shadowfall you have to do a little online boosting with other players.

• Like 2