Immortal Unchained Trophy Thought

FielVeredus

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

The npc Orin is related to any sidequest?

Yes it's the lost hunter sidequest. Everything about it is explained in this thread.

By the way, I have a question to you guys.

I was watching a video of someone playing the game, and I think I noticed something weird, probably a ps4-exclusive glitch or something. Guy was playing on pc and almost every enemy he killed was dropping ammo packs on the floor for all his weapons, he just had to walk over it. And from the very start of the game until the very end he could always refill his guns, and never be out of ammo.

Me, as everyone else here I guess, I am playing on ps4 and I don't get a single bullet from the enemies. I have this aspect that gives me 1 bullet when I kill an enemy, but it's always for the gun I kill it with, and it's only 1 bullet (great for a sniper rifle, but basically nothing when you use a shotgun or assault rifle). And during my playthrough I was often out of ammo for my guns and had to use an ammo pack in the inventory. Especially when the distance between 2 obelisks is long, you have almost no ammo, you used all your seringes, your inventory is empty and the game doesn't give you anything to kill the enemies in front of you. Only solution left is run throught the battlefield, pray for your life and try to reach the next obelisk. I thought this was a strange idea to create a game where the whole gameplay is about guns and not give you ammo like any other gun game, or at least have a damn merchant that sells consumables, but no there's nothing.

But now I see someone playing on pc and he grabs ammo off the floor all the time. So, what about you guys ? Am I the only one with this glitch ? Or everyone on ps4 don't get ammo from the enemies ? Since I'm writing a test for a website, I'd like to know if I have to take this issue into account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil-Danna said:

Yes it's the lost hunter sidequest. Everything about it is explained in this thread.

By the way, I have a question to you guys.

I was watching a video of someone playing the game, and I think I noticed something weird, probably a ps4-exclusive glitch or something. Guy was playing on pc and almost every enemy he killed was dropping ammo packs on the floor for all his weapons, he just had to walk over it. And from the very start of the game until the very end he could always refill his guns, and never be out of ammo.

Me, as everyone else here I guess, I am playing on ps4 and I don't get a single bullet from the enemies. I have this aspect that gives me 1 bullet when I kill an enemy, but it's always for the gun I kill it with, and it's only 1 bullet (great for a sniper rifle, but basically nothing when you use a shotgun or assault rifle). And during my playthrough I was often out of ammo for my guns and had to use an ammo pack in the inventory. Especially when the distance between 2 obelisks is long, you have almost no ammo, you used all your seringes, your inventory is empty and the game doesn't give you anything to kill the enemies in front of you. Only solution left is run throught the battlefield, pray for your life and try to reach the next obelisk. I thought this was a strange idea to create a game where the whole gameplay is about guns and not give you ammo like any other gun game, or at least have a damn merchant that sells consumables, but no there's nothing.

But now I see someone playing on pc and he grabs ammo off the floor all the time. So, what about you guys ? Am I the only one with this glitch ? Or everyone on ps4 don't get ammo from the enemies ? Since I'm writing a test for a website, I'd like to know if I have to take this issue into account.

The only time that kind of ammo drops is from certain boss fights, the little bugs that Arden spawns or the shield dudes that Iska spawns. The game would be too easy if it dropped like that all the time. Maybe he is using console commands or something? Every single trash enemy has a weak point in their back, abuse it. You don’t need that much ammo, if you keep running out you need to get a stronger weapon, upgrade the one you’re using or check what stats scale well with the weapon and then pump insight/expertise depending on the weapon.

The situation you described is what makes it fun! You never whats coming next, it makes it tense.

Regarding your previous Armor Shrine question aswell, none of the Armor Shrines require side quest keys. Its all in the main game. There are 25 upgrades altogether. They require some exploration, all the protocols, 30 cerium decree and I think only 1 Promethium Edict.

The protocols are Scarab, Aria, Gemini, Cyro, Phantom, Adamant, Chromatic, Hailstone, Precept, Skeleton. 

A few drop from bosses and most are found in chests throughout the game. Some are well hidden and some of them come from the locked doors you’ve seen around.

Until they add NG+ the lore trophy will be the tricky one since enemies drop lore items too.

Yes I know, I'm not complaining. At first it was difficult for me but now I got used to it. And it only happens when I'm exploring every corner of an area, trying to find all chests and items.

I'm using a sniper rifle fully upgraded (got the trophy with it) and the shotgun with only one upgrade left. These 2 are my main weapons so they get empty pretty fast, even though I can kill almost every enemy in 1 or 2 shots. I tried other weapons but they suck, I don't like them. And yeah most of the time I think it's easier to get close to the enemies and reach for their weak point in the back. But for exemple yesterday I was in the archives, with the big guys who shoot ice grenades, and my best option to kill them is sniper shot in the head. They're all over the place, dozens of them, and even with my best weapon it took like 5 or 6 shots to kill them. And with only 20 rounds in the gun I had to use all my ammo packs in the inventory. Luckily I didn't die or I don't know what I would've done.

Not knowing what comes next is part of the fun, I agree with that. But the ammo is another story, it has nothing to do with difficulty or the fun for me. The game is meant to be played with guns, so you need ammo for them. If I don't have any ammo left I can't use my weapons, there's no game at all, my only solution is to run through everything, it doesn't make it more fun.

Kinda like in dark souls (since this game is openly inspired by it), your weapons can break but it takes a long time and you can always switch for another one from your whole inventory, you never end up without a weapon. Immortal gives you only 4 weapons that you can only switch at an obelisk, so I'm expecting to be able to use them without restriction.

Anyway I wanted to be sure so I asked the devs, we'll see if it's a glitch or a choice they made for ps4, or something else.

The doors that open with protocols, I opened one and met what I think is an "optional boss", but it was way too hard for me. One toe in the arena and I got killed immediately in one shot, I know it was a boss because a health bar showed up on the screen for a few seconds but I never got a chance to see his face xD

So I thought every similar door in the game was for an optional boss and I didn't bother to try. I'll explore more when I beat the final boss.

Enemies drop lore items ? Are you sure ? I never noticed. So it's even worse, if you finish the game and don't get the lore trophy, you don't know if you missed something somewhere (and if you can go back to get it), or if you have to grind kills to get a random lore. What were they thinking...

I really hope for a NG+ feature in a future patch, but I don't know if they're planning that kind of updates.

Edited by Devil-Danna

8 hours ago, Devil-Danna said:

For Lost Memories, I have no idea. I remember seeing Bren the first time I went to the snow area. I talked to her and that's it. She's gone, I never met her anywhere else and didn't find any items related to her.

Anyway I have seen more than enough of the game for my test. I'm gonna just focus on the story, beat the final boss.

I'll start another playthrough later when everything's clearly explained in a guide or something. I already missed the forest quest so I'll miss the lore trophy too, which means I have no need to complete the lost memories now since I'll have to do it again anyway.

And if there's lore in the tutorial you can't know, maybe you play the whole game thinking you found everything and the trophy doesn't pop. You could miss something in a hidden place somewhere you never went, or it could be in the tutorial where you can't go back (doesn't make sense since the door is right there in the main hall, it's just locked, why can't we open it?). I'll wait until someone has the insane patience to make a list of every lore in the game and their location.

Last thing I need now is find the last armor upgrades, I hope I'll find the last ones in the areas I haven't visited yet. Can we find all of them while playing the main story? No need for keys or specific items to open secret doors leading to hidden upgrades?

After exhausted all dialog with her, she will be in core after slay first boss.
I got this trophy. I first found all the items for her quest(Amulet, Feather and Knife).
After that i go talk to her and pick Yes to all options. Trophy popped. Tell me if this "guide" help.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tutejszy93 said:

I got this trophy. I first found all the items for her quest(Amulet, Feather and Knife).
After that i go talk to her and pick Yes to all options. Trophy popped. Tell me if this "guide" help.

I done that too in my first playthrough, maybe it bugged. You may need to give them in a certain order or before you kill all 3 bosses, I’m still not sure. 

7 hours ago, Tutejszy93 said:

Where you found the 3 items?In the snow planet?

2 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Where you found the 3 items?In the snow planet?

I guess one for planet.
Feather was in Apexion in chest opposite to obelisk before first boss in this location.
Burned pendant/amulet i guess "lava" area or close to it so in Veridian.
Knife dunno. 
Difference between giving her one and looking for the next one or giving her all at once is she ask first about this burned pendant which i found last.

• Like 1

Wow, I just talked to Bren in the core. I actually never noticed she was there. I gave her a pendant and a feather, didn't know I had them and don't remember where I got them.

I exhausted all her dialogues and she gave me a key but no trophy.

Maybe I still miss the knife, I don't think I gave her something else before. If someone know the location of the knife it'd be great, maybe I can still finish this quest.

32 minutes ago, Devil-Danna said:

Wow, I just talked to Bren in the core. I actually never noticed she was there. I gave her a pendant and a feather, didn't know I had them and don't remember where I got them.

I exhausted all her dialogues and she gave me a key but no trophy.

Maybe I still miss the knife, I don't think I gave her something else before. If someone know the location of the knife it'd be great, maybe I can still finish this quest.

The knife is in a small ball like chest next to a dead body in the second part of Arden, right next to the ‘Courtyard’ obelisk. The area is one of the outdoor parts, its not in the cauldron area and its not in the charnels area (hallways full of coffins and dual wield acid smg dudes)

I finally got the trophy for Lost Memories this is how I done it. 

You meet Bren for the first time in Arden sitting on a rock infront of the first obelisk. Talk to her until she repeats herself and after you kill the first boss and return to the core she will be there. 

You need to give her 3 items but it seems to glitch sometimes so what I done was gave her Amon’s feather first she gives you the Prison Depths key in return (which opens the door next to the Prison Obelisk in Arden and a bridge extends to a little section with a chest and an idol).

After that I got all 3 orbs.

Her dialog changed a little so then I went and gave her Cael’s knife, she gave me a gun. Then I killed Iska and went back and talked to her until she started repeating herself. After that I killed Malog and Arden. I went back and talked to her until she repeated herself.

I went and got the Charred Amulet (which is in a small chest right infront of the Obelisk in Veridians burnt forest area called ‘Ruined Temple’).

After that she gave me 17500 bits and she started talking for awhile. I let the dialog play out and talked to her when she stopped. At the end of all of that I got the trophy. 

• Like 1

Yeaahh I got the trophy too, I only had to give her the knife. Thanks again for your help with this one.

Like I said I already had the pendant and feather in my inventory, I don't remember picking them up. I gave both items to her.

Then I finished the Veridian area by killing Arlen. I started the second part of Arden to continue the main story and reached the courtyard obelisk. There was this ball chest next to the body as you said and I got the knife.

Then I immediately traveled to the core, gave her the knife, exhausted the dialog and ding trophy.

I still have to explore Arden after the courtyard and I haven't killed Iska yet. As far as I know, all we have to do is give her the 3 items and talk to her until she repeats herself.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

You know how to activate the bridge before the Holmeguard commander?

This bridge is actually a shortcut to the other part of the area (cauldrons) that you explore during the second part of the game.

At some point you'll find a door there that leads to the bridge and you'll be able to activate it from the other side. But this shortcut is pretty much useless since it's easier to just teleport.

Edited by Devil-Danna
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

I just arrived at Apexion and the enemies drop a lot of cenotaphs,they count as a lore items right?

Nothing is confirmed yet since noone has the platinum yet... I have provided as much information as I can. I honestly think they do count. 

Until someone else proves otherwise or its still glitched (patch notes specify ‘lore master’ was glitched) I stand by what I said’

Edited by fjyingturk
  • Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, fjyingturk said:

The knife is in a small ball like chest next to a dead body in the second part of Arden, right next to the ‘Courtyard’ obelisk. The area is one of the outdoor parts, its not in the cauldron area and its not in the charnels area (hallways full of coffins and dual wield acid smg dudes)

I finally got the trophy for Lost Memories this is how I done it. 

You meet Bren for the first time in Arden sitting on a rock infront of the first obelisk. Talk to her until she repeats herself and after you kill the first boss and return to the core she will be there. 

You need to give her 3 items but it seems to glitch sometimes so what I done was gave her Amon’s feather first she gives you the Prison Depths key in return (which opens the door next to the Prison Obelisk in Arden and a bridge extends to a little section with a chest and an idol).

After that I got all 3 orbs.

Her dialog changed a little so then I went and gave her Cael’s knife, she gave me a gun. Then I killed Iska and went back and talked to her until she started repeating herself. After that I killed Malog and Arden. I went back and talked to her until she repeated herself.

I went and got the Charred Amulet (which is in a small chest right infront of the Obelisk in Veridians burnt forest area called ‘Ruined Temple’).

After that she gave me 17500 bits and she started talking for awhile. I let the dialog play out and talked to her when she stopped. At the end of all of that I got the trophy. 

I Did the same but no trophy...any tips?

3 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

I Did the same but no trophy...any tips?

To be honest that’s exactly how I done it. The first time I done it, I didn’t get the trophy either so I had to do a second playthrough. The game is still riddled with bugs, a shortcut for me in my second playthrough is bugged. The only tip I can give you is, copy/upload your save file before you try it again, do it again on a second playthrough or just wait until new game + (a friend said he contacted the devs and they said they plan to implement it later this year)

I have also been talking to a few people on Xbox and it seems like even they have problems with the game. @Tutejszy93 and I have put in a fair effort and at the moment we have counted 57 idols, 59 mearstones and 69 centopaths. A friend on xbox has 57, 58, 75 and his lore master achievement progress is at 91% so we estimated there is roughly 220 lore items. I asked him to kill the 3 quest npcs to see if their key items count too, he said the achievement progress didn’t move. 

• Like 2

so i've been counting too. I have 56 idols, 58 stones, and 85 cenotaphs. I am confused with this game a bit. no progress bar or nothing. Plus i started a new game to do my other questlines and such. If i ever get the trophy i will make a guide. For now peace people. i got other review copies of game i need to focus on. This wild goose chase without NG+ is annoying.

• Like 2