Shameless review link :P

turniplord

Hi,

Just done my 5k word review on the game - with no spoilers! http://www.gamepitt.co.uk/428-shibuya-scramble-ps4-review/

It's quite long but I've tried to explain everything I can without getting into detail with where the story goes and what happens :) - I've also got the platinum in the game. Took me 71 hours but I'm sure others will do it much faster.

If anyone has any questions, fire away! Try and keep it spoiler free though :D

Awesome review! I like how there’s no dialogue and just stills, allows me to better understand the story. My copy should arrive today and I think I’m going to a blind playthrough first to see what endings I get then do a clean up.’

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ibuki said:

Awesome review! I like how there’s no dialogue and just stills, allows me to better understand the story. My copy should arrive today and I think I’m going to a blind playthrough first to see what endings I get then do a clean up.’

Awesome. I did a blind play on mine but I forced myself to find all the bad endings in each section before I moved on - hence why it took 71 hours to platinum! The only time I was forced to look at some Japanese guides (badly translated by Google) was to find the secret stories at the end.

I looked at your review partly so far and i think it's good that you avoid spoilers but explain the game mechanics in such detail :)  While i'm no fan of skipping all text i do use the skip text already read as it's boring to read something several times... but can't be helped :P  and this isn't a reason i'd not start this game :)

Chh

3 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I looked at your review partly so far and i think it's good that you avoid spoilers but explain the game mechanics in such detail :)  While i'm no fan of skipping all text i do use the skip text already read as it's boring to read something several times... but can't be helped :P  and this isn't a reason i'd not start this game :)

Cheers :)

If I was about to include spoilers, it would be about 5x longer!

The text mechanic is strange - once you've experienced a path, then you can skip by pressing down or triangle to come back to the time map and choosing a later time point. But, if you have created a new branch in the timeline, you have to sit through the text until it either stops, gives you a bad ending, or it comes back into a branch you've already seen. It's confusing but makes sense as you play it.

A
B   C
D   E  
   F   G
   H   I

For example, say you start at A, above. You take option B which leads you to story points D, F and H.

Then, if you go back to A and chose C as your choice, you have to read, without any form of skipping, story C and E.

Then, you may have a choice to come back to the story at F or branch out to G. If you pick G then you have to read G and I.

If you chose F at this point, you can now press down to skip points or triangle to jump sections as you're back on the path you've already seen.

So it's similar to 'skip sections you've read' but you can't really whizz the text like in other visual novels. However, as I mentioned in the review - the delivery of the text appearing on the screen is a big part of the presentation. It makes you wait with anitici...           pation at some points by delaying the text appearing. It also spells out some words one letter   a   t    a   t  i   m  e  in order to create another visual cue as to how something would be said if it was spoken.

It's rather clever and really well thought out and put together. I imagine that's why you can't whizz through the text, because it relies on these cues in order to deliver the lines in a certain way :)