Dark Cloud 2 Too Hard?

Skyy-Knight

Dark Cloud 2's dungeons can really ramp up the enemy difficulty quickly. Your best bet is to keep leveling your weapons. If you get to a room where the enemies are a lot tougher (and you will, often), don't be afraid to go back and replay old dungeons for materials, to level your weapons. Keep the dude around that gives you an extra point each time your weapon levels up.

Also, although it's early, do not forget to go back to towns and look for the little treasure chests. This is the only way to raise your max HP and defense!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

One last thing - if you're going for the plat, note that there are lots of missables. Follow a photography guide for sure.

i second this. there's so much craftables in that game and i missed so much photo's :(.

never beat the game though or the post-game content. got to the doorstep of the final boss 

Edited by kingdrake2

Always be prepared. Bring plenty of recovery items and I tend to bring Need (mayor) with me as a partner for the extra $$$. Though having Erik, Granny, or someone else can be extremely helpful as well.

A couple other things to keep in mind is that it's best to stick with one weapon and upgrade it to the very end. Why? Because it keeps all the elements and beast/scale/smash as it grows. I'm not saying you can't do it at all (I did it once or twice), but switching weapons too much normally will leave you vulnerable to certain enemies which can make the end of the game even harder.

Also note that Monica is better equipped to handle certain enemies and vice versa with Max due to their weapons' build especially in chapter 2 and 3. For instance, don't try killing turtles with a sword or don't take on the undead with the wrench (at least, not at the beginning where you are). 

Welcome to Level 5 RPGs. Like Dark Cloud 1 and Rogue Galaxy, your characters can die easily and support only a small number of attacks. Having completed Dark Cloud 1 and being at Dark Cloud 2's Chapter three I recommend you the following:

• Upgrade the towns ASAP, so you can get the treasure chests with items that increase your max health and defense;
  • Try to have Steve always charged, that way, if both of your characters are about to die and you run out of healing items, use Steve;
  • There are enemies that are easier if you choose the right weapons/characters. You have a recruitable character (The policeman?) that can give you monster information (I don't know if you can recruit characters yet, though);
  • BREAD! Always have bread with you!