Semi-missable warning: Unlocking all suits

fbdbh

So, question. 

I was originally planning on not even using my voucher for the Pre-Order suits, I figured I'd rather just earn them. But the more and more people talk about these challenges, the more I'm thinking I should just get those out of the way. So would it benefit us more to use the voucher and get the pre-order suits, so that we don't have to waste...what seems to be...precious tokens on them? Or does it not really matter in the long run?

Well look, there are 28 suits, and we need them all. The preorder bonus gives you two or three. I think I'll just redeem the preorder and get on with my life, except with a few more tokens to spare for gadgets or other gameplay-affecting upgrades.

Plus, let's face it: if I'm playing a video game, and there is a button I can push that immediately gives me an electric guitar that harms enemies, am I ever not going to push that button?

Edited by rdhight
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FamiliaMyth93 said:

Is "Overdrive" missable? I've cleared all criminal activities in 4 districts (20 total) but only got 3 vehicle takedowns.

That's far from all criminal activities. There are over 160 mandatory, and there will be more popping up randomly. You should get this after fighting another faction.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

So, question. 

I was originally planning on not even using my voucher for the Pre-Order suits, I figured I'd rather just earn them. But the more and more people talk about these challenges, the more I'm thinking I should just get those out of the way. So would it benefit us more to use the voucher and get the pre-order suits, so that we don't have to waste...what seems to be...precious tokens on them? Or does it not really matter in the long run?

I don't think they count for the trophy, just unlock them after the others. You can't really get this out of the way early, you need tons of late game collectibles to unlock all suits (one unlocks after the story, one after reaching lvl45, etc).

18 hours ago, Viper said:

So, question. 

It definitely does help. Those suits require atleast 3 Challenge tokens each to unlock normally. 

By using that pre order code, it'll make things a bit easier. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, elisir1986 said:

I'm in the same boat... no biggie if we plan to 100% this game tho, right? 

If I recall correctly you can re-gain the base/taskmaster tokens by playing on NG+, so it justs makes it more difficult if you want to stick to the original playthrough after beating the game. 

Edited by SaAlLoAg
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, elisir1986 said:

I'm in the same boat... no biggie if we plan to 100% this game tho, right? 

I made it to 100% now. In one of the dlc's you can get some base tokens which is nice, you can also make the bonus goals of some of these missions and if you do ng+ playthrough you will also be able to get base tokens again. 

Edited by Afura_33
  • Like 3