Hard

It might just me but i'm finding this game very hard.. I'm on the second island and i'm getting brutalised by the enemies and losing all my minions. I've got three treasure chests and have just done Frankie's mission but i cant seem to get much further. I'm always having to go back to the first island to get more minions.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or anything i'm overlooking because this game has over a 40% platinum completion rate and i'm thinking of dropping this one (lucky i'm blank profiling this game)

Any help would be much appreciated :)

• Like 1

I remember I had the same feeling when I was in the first island. The way I did is first I found we can get many minions by going back to defeat enemies (they can respawn). The next is to get treasures as soon as possible, it will increase the number of minions and the strength, also the time increases too.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have to admit that during the first hours I have spent on this game I had a little the same feeling as you, what has surprised me the most is that you can suddenly lost all your minions in 1 second if they fall down from any peak, or when you discover the 3 boss for the first time

but if you becareful about all dangerous peaks in the game, and copy your save data on an usb stick (or psn+) before each boss encounter, it becomes really very easy, and even enjoyable

here is IMO a mini list of the things to be careful if you want to enjoy the game (or to finish it just for the 100% ratio ?):

- avoid peaks (all your minions can die in a second)

- save your data before each boss, it's faster to load back your savedata to recover all your minions, than play during half an hour just doing that again and again (it's actually the only boring part of the game, to fill back your minions stock, but if you play carefully you won't have this problem)

- always protect your wolfimpas from flowers yellow scent, right directional cross to select then, R1 to ask them to not move, then with your other minions you go to kill the naughty flower, then you you come back to wolfimpas and press Circle for the come back to follow you

- and if you have less than 20 minions, it's better to ask 3 groups of minions to not move, and go to attack ennemis one by one with only one group of minion at the same time, in this way it's easier to ask them to quickly come back next to you before the enemy attack them

- when you have 25 or 30 minons at the same time, you can kill every enemies (even the last boss with 30 Frankenimpas) with all your minions at the same time, not by pressing square (attack 1 by 1), but the triangle button (if I remember it well) in this way all your minions from any groups go to attack together

- seems easier to target ennemis with R2 than L1/L2 that i have almost never use 

if this game had:

- less collision bugs,

- have a map ingame (and not only in the main menu)

- less bugs about select/unselect minions, or minions that are stuck somewhere without any reasons

- can adjust camera and analog stick sensitivity

I am almost sure that this game would have received a much more better welcome from players

anyway playing this game has remind me some good memories I had on Overlord Xbox360, Oddworlds PS1 and Pikmin WII, i think it's for this reason i come on this forum to say that this game is not so bad as it looks like

have fun!

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

The game is just shit, don't care how easy it is, I ain't wasting my time on something that is broken shite. 

Thanks for your valuable input ?

As someone who has actually played and beaten this game, I can say it's an ok game. It's a decent Pikmin clone that isn't as bad as you would initially think. I never had a problem with the controls and the game isn't broken in any sense of the word. 

I played it for free on PSNow and I had an enjoyable experience. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i'm on my way to platinum it, but i totally agree: this game is way too hard. 

I mean, if you don't get the treasures (which are optional and not that easy to get), you'll indeed be easily killed by most ennemis. A kid (the target audience!) will have a reeeeeaaaaally hard time finding out how to defeat bosses etc.

I agree, with a guide, its not hard at all.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Just finished my platinum and damn, I gotta say I was fooled by this game... The game absolutely sucks a**, the controls are really horrible and it's a shame because I love the three movies so I thought about giving this game a try, it was on my PS Now service so why not?! In the first minutes I started playing this I was like "WTF IS THIS S***?!", I was so so mad and frustrated because of the initial difficulty that I immediately rage quited and I deleted the game after just 30 minutes or so. 

THEN... Later in that day I was feeling really annoyed about having this stupid game at 5% on my profile so I attempted again with a video guide by some girl on Youtube  that played the game and got all treasures and let me tell you guys it was not the nightmare I expected. The game was much quicker than I thought and I even stopped using the guide because I was getting a lot more experienced with the controls and everything so yeah... NOT THAT BAD. Basically what I wanna say here to possible future players of this game is: It's not hard, the beginning will be a little of a shock because this is definately not EASY at the beginning (how the hell is a kid supposed to play this), but then you will get accustomed to the awful controls, don't worry. Also the boss fights are a piece of cake if you know what you're doing! 

If you're looking for a good game to have some fun with THIS IS NOT the choice, the game sucks and the developers were so so lazy that they couldn't even animate A SINGLE cutscene. It's a BAD game, remember this if you really wanna go for it. 

fresquinho.png

Edited by fresquinho

• 1 year later...

Found the game to be quite difficult, and also frustrating. I’m glad I was at least able to “one-shot” the final boss with 30 Frank imps. My total time to complete was 7 hours and 7 minutes. Probably could’ve shaved it down to 5 if I know what I know now - there’s no point in farming imps until you’ve collected all the treasures, because the final upgrade is doubling how much you get from each stone.