New DLC teased "The Good, The Bad and the Augmented"

Mori

26 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

After the release of the game, developers said they do not plan any dlc in near future... after a month or so, bam, dlc a walk in the park, now this. Wonder if complete edition will include this for the same price?

I'd be stunned if it didn't. This gives me good reason to delay playing this until all of the DLC is released, collated into a complete edition, and discounted heavily.

Checked their Twitter and someone asked if it was included in the complete ed ; their answer was that it wasn't and it would be a stand alone purchase & that they are launching an augmented ed with this dlc included.

Edited by Gwendly
Fixing bad mobile typing

10 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Not gonna complain about it not being in the Complete Edition seeing that they gave it away “for free” a few months back. This could be their way to recoup the money they lost in that accident. 

So the customers need to pay for their fault? 

• Like 2

That's annoying. It only caught my interest because I managed to get it for free. I certainly don't think I want to pay £12 for this and however other many DLCs they put out, especially since I supposedly have the complete edition.

Kind of wish they had just taken it away from me when the error occurred

• 3 weeks later...

Really hoping there will be no new trophies. I researched the game in late August before this announcement, and picked up the complete edition (no longer complete, thanks a lot). Wouldn't of touched it if I knew there was going to be more DLC on the way. DLC is only five days away and they haven't been announced so maybe we won't have to worry about it.

Absolutely hate the game so far. It's punishing like Dark Souls but I don't feel the reward or euphoria from beating areas. I also feel zero progression from leveling up and banking my hard earned "souls." Too many missables, no fast travel between areas, and very confusing missions that can bug out and require multiple playthroughs. Wandered around the first area after PAX for like 3 hours before I had to look up a guide to find Firebug. I mean it looked kinda fun from a gameplay trailer but I really regret playing it.

7 hours ago, Zorost17 said:

I can confirm that there are 10 new trophies. You can see them from your console, they aren't synchronized with PSN yet.

They just got posted to here. Sigh, spook too soon :(

This is the first game in a long time I've just really not wanted to finish, and I have a perfect card trophy wise.

12 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

Really hoping there will be no new trophies. I researched the game in late August before this announcement, and picked up the complete edition (no longer complete, thanks a lot). Wouldn't of touched it if I knew there was going to be more DLC on the way. DLC is only five days away and they haven't been announced so maybe we won't have to worry about it.

Absolutely hate the game so far. It's punishing like Dark Souls but I don't feel the reward or euphoria from beating areas. I also feel zero progression from leveling up and banking my hard earned "souls." Too many missables, no fast travel between areas, and very confusing missions that can bug out and require multiple playthroughs. Wandered around the first area after PAX for like 3 hours before I had to look up a guide to find Firebug. I mean it looked kinda fun from a gameplay trailer but I really regret playing it.

You don't get much from level up itself. It's mainly to facilitate the ability to equip more / better implants or heavier armor. Think of all level ups as only max raising equip burden whereas all other stats are infinitely respec-able as they are tied to what implants you choose to use. Many implants give a set amount as well as an additional amount based on your current power level. That variable amount isn't very significant early on, but can make quite a difference by the time you reach early mid-game. They are a bit too constricting with available implant slots early on I think as it isn't until much later in the game that you have enough slots and power that you can mess around with some of the odder implants. Before that it's mainly a mixture of +max HP, +max stamina, and HP replenishing injectibles. I also stuck with light armor, Lynx or Eagle, and only swapped out armor parts as needed to overcome environmental obstacles (such as a sealed helmet to get through gas filled areas or protective leggings to walk through sludge). Higher quality implants were generally a better use of my power than heavier armor as I focused on dodging and like the higher weapon swing speed from light arm gear.

If you haven't done the first part of the Creo World DLC I would recommend heading there as it has some very nice implants, including an implant which increases max HP + let's you see enemy health and stamina bars (for killing the first boss), so you don't have to sacrifice an implant slot just to see the enemy's health. Knowing the status of the enemy's health gives you more information to weigh whether to press to attack or whether you need to retreat to refill HP and made the combat more enjoyable. The difficulty of the first half of the DLC is balanced for while you are first running through Central B as you cannot access the second part of the DLC until an appropriate point in the story.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 1:33 AM, x1001x_Puppys said:

Too many missables, no fast travel between areas, and very confusing missions that can bug out and require multiple playthroughs.

Maybe the Souls series improved a lot since Demon's Souls but I find the dislike for The Surge funny, since a lot of the complaints are issues I saw in that game. Like, there is literally an item that is exclusive to being summoned and serving as a boss and many items that are simply impossible to obtain without specific world tendency or whatever it's called or timing. Not to mention it being impossible to unlock every spell from a single run. 

Likewise, there might not be fast travel but it uses a hub (the second area) that connects to pretty much everything. Sure, it isn't as useful but once you have enough power you can steamroll anything and just run where you want to go.

16 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

They just got posted to here. Sigh, spook too soon :(

Anyway, for what it is worth, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Edited by Admiralvic

They just lost a customer for The Surge 2.

I still dont get it, how they can call sth. complete, when it isnt. I mean when there is even the slightest chance for more content to be released in the future, just dont call it "complete". When I cant even trust our foundation of communication, words, then what else is left?

Furthermore, anyone who hasnt bought the game yet and is planning to buy it in the future, will probably tend to buy the complete edition instead of the augmented, because its simply indicates that it is complete, when in reality it isnt. Yeah, people will figure out, if they care, but there will be people who wont.

This whole situation is messed up.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mori said:

Furthermore, anyone who hasnt bought the game yet and is planning to buy it in the future, will probably tend to buy the complete edition instead of the augmented, because its simply indicates that it is complete, when in reality it isnt. Yeah, people will figure out, if they care, but there will be people who wont.

They removed Complete edition from the store and they will most likely start selling the Augmented edition only.

It really was an unfortunate "trap" for those who bought Complete edition, especially for those who bought in the last few weeks before the announcement.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mori said:

They just lost a customer for The Surge 2.

Same here. I typically wait for a year or so to pass before getting a AAA game these days specifically because I hate being nickel-and-dimed for DLC, and I hate returning to games to clean up 100%s that I already earned. If they're going to continue releasing DLC after the "Complete" edition and said they were done then they can screw right off -- there are lots of other games I can play.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HusKyCode said:

They removed Complete edition from the store and they will most likely start selling the Augmented edition only.

It really was an unfortunate "trap" for those who bought Complete edition, especially for those who bought in the last few weeks before the announcement.

Well thats fair at least. I should have checked it myself first, before making that statement. Always well-informed, huh? :D

Trap or no trap, I dont even want to say, that they might did it on purpose, its only the wording that bothers me so much. Would it have been augmented edition first and now complete edition, I would be fine with it (mostly).