New DLC teased "The Good, The Bad and the Augmented"

Mori

I noticed that I have the dlc trophies added on my ps4 but I actually can't find the dlc itself on the store unless it downloaded automatically? Then again I doubt it because I checked the add-on section and I didn't see it there.  

Either way I hated this game and I probably won't continue playing it.

20 hours ago, EstebanFox said:

Are you telling me the complete edition wasn't complete and I was coned?

At the time of it being 'complete' - yeah, it was complete. It had all the DLC released up until that point. They hadn't planned to make any more DLC for the game as they moved on to The Surge 2. However, they have put together one final DLC pack which now means if people want it, they'll have to buy it.

Not referring to you, but this thread is full so entitled children. Look at DW8 - that had a 'complete' edition, which just means it was DW8 and XL in one, all the DLC was still separate. What about Sniper Elite 3 - that had an 'ultimate' edition which 'contained all DLC'... but it never had the Hitler DLC as you had to buy that separately. 

As of the time of going live - that 'complete' package was 'complete'. Nobody is forcing you to buy this new DLC pack so stop thinking you're entitled to get everything for free when the devs have worked on the content and deserve to be paid for doing so. If anything, it may be in order to get more funds for The Surge 2.

24 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Not referring to you, but this thread is full so entitled children. Look at DW8 - that had a 'complete' edition, which just means it was DW8 and XL in one, all the DLC was still separate. What about Sniper Elite 3 - that had an 'ultimate' edition which 'contained all DLC'... but it never had the Hitler DLC as you had to buy that separately. 

Okay then next time you come over to a restaurant don't feel annoyed if you ordered a full combo meal only for the restaurant to charge you extra for drinks because it's not included. 

36 minutes ago, turniplord said:

At the time of it being 'complete' - yeah, it was complete. It had all the DLC released up until that point. They hadn't planned to make any more DLC for the game as they moved on to The Surge 2. However, they have put together one final DLC pack which now means if people want it, they'll have to buy it.

As of the time of going live - that 'complete' package was 'complete'. Nobody is forcing you to buy this new DLC pack so stop thinking you're entitled to get everything for free when the devs have worked on the content and deserve to be paid for doing so. If anything, it may be in order to get more funds for The Surge 2.

I really dislike this kind of posts, regarding entitlement ...

If you call sth. complete, then your customers expect to get a complete experience. If there is any chance, you'll release any additional content, then simply dont call it a complete edition. 

They announce The Surge 2 and instead of implementing the ideas of the DLC into that game, they charge extra money from their customers of the first game. Thats more BS, than announcing 3 DLC packs prior the release of your game (Looking at you Spiderman)

And I repeat myself here: If I cannot trust words, then they can say whatever they want and it means shit.

And yes, I dont have to buy the DLC, but thats my little tick and I know that I am the only one to blame for that. But that is the reason why I only play games years after release waiting for a complete edition, so I dont have to bother with exactly the issue we are having right now.

It just leads me to not buy The Surge 2 even if there is a complete or whatever edition, because I cannot trust in their wording. Maybe after The Surge 3 is released and The Surge 4 is announced, I consider buying The Surge 2.

Edited by Mori

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, so now that the edition is no longer "complete", should the name be changed?

They're no longer selling it and are now calling it the "Augmented" edition.

4 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Okay then next time you come over to a restaurant don't feel annoyed if you ordered a full combo meal only for the restaurant to charge you extra for drinks because it's not included. 

While that works for their example, it doesn't work for this. You still got the, at the time, full combo (that was "complete" at the time) but it changed. I get why people are annoyed, but it's a silly argument. The core idea is "it was called complete, so I should have everything and it's basically false advertising to say it" with others going "it was accurate for the time." I mean, it is a poor choice of words but it also ignores a big part of the aforementioned persons point.

Regardless of what they call the rerelease, it's viewed as a "complete" edition. It's the whole reason so many people waited and are angry and I would argue it would hold true if it was called "complete" or "Creoland Edition." The only difference is people think the word complete opens the door to complaints.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

While that works for their example, it doesn't work for this. You still got the, at the time, full combo (that was "complete" at the time) but it changed. I get why people are annoyed, but it's a silly argument. The core idea is "it was called complete, so I should have everything and it's basically false advertising to say it" with others going "it was accurate for the time." I mean, it is a poor choice of words but it also ignores a big part of the aforementioned persons point.

That's a valid point sure but I mean it's the norm (or it was anyways) that when the devs release a complete edition, it means they no longer have any plans to support this game and that's that. It has everything that the devs created for this game.  So yea it was definitely poor wording.

It's not like I'm going to lose sleep over it anyways because even if that didn't happen, I wouldn't have returned to this game. Wasn't my cup of tea. 

Ok just to be clear, yes it is the wording that pisses me off. If they called it for example: The Park Edition, fine. 

I would be still kinda pissed, but not the same as now. Moreover, it just shows that the devs themselves thought The Surge is complete. 

So, why put content in a "finished"/ complete product, when they just announced the next game, which they can put their ideas in. 

Seems like a cheap cash grab to me.

Anyway. I'll buy the DLC, maybe I wait for it to be on sale and then I am done with Surge overall.

8 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

We've reached a point where not only are we not fighting against companies ripping us off but we're actively shaming our fellow consumers if they do so. 

Let's make one thing perfectly clear, the argument is, as I already stated, just semantics. The whole argument isn't about how someone got "ripped off," but rather, because it was called the complete edition and it is no longer complete, I'm angry. 

9 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

but I mean it's the norm (or it was anyways) that when the devs release a complete edition, it means they no longer have any plans to support this game and that's that.

The thing is, the issue isn't the name as much as it being against the norm. You buy a later edition and you think you get all the goodies. Taken King had similar reactions. People bought it because they thought it would be the end of Destiny 1, it wasn't and they wanted Rise of Iron. The only real difference is, the people who want to complain, feel like they have more of a stance because it the subtitle is complete. I'll outright agree it was a poor name and can see how some people are disappointed but it really is an argument about it being called complete over literally anything else, even if the core problem is it goes against established norms and that is what they're really upset about.

TL;DR It's a better stance to say "they called it complete and now it isn't" than "I purposefully waited for the full version and that is no longer true."

Why are people complaining about getting more of a good game?

I also bought the complete edition and don't mind shelling out a few more bucks to support a good indie developer, especially if they continue to put out quality games and DLC. 

Edited by Red_HoodXX

1 hour ago, Red_HoodXX said:

Why are people complaining about getting more of a good game?

The complaints stem from two things. People who bought the later edition expecting it to have it all and now need to buy something else to have it all/the full 100 percent and their use of the word complete. The latter argument is overshadowing the former one, since it's an easier stance to defend. They called it complete, it is no longer complete, thus I was lied to.

In the end it's rather silly, though I do think companies should probably avoid using the term, since it really does just come down to people thinking they got it all and didn't. 

On 9/29/2018 at 11:47 AM, Admiralvic said:

Let's make one thing perfectly clear, the argument is, as I already stated, just semantics. The whole argument isn't about how someone got "ripped off," but rather, because it was called the complete edition and it is no longer complete, I'm angry. 

The thing is, the issue isn't the name as much as it being against the norm. You buy a later edition and you think you get all the goodies. Taken King had similar reactions. People bought it because they thought it would be the end of Destiny 1, it wasn't and they wanted Rise of Iron. The only real difference is, the people who want to complain, feel like they have more of a stance because it the subtitle is complete. I'll outright agree it was a poor name and can see how some people are disappointed but it really is an argument about it being called complete over literally anything else, even if the core problem is it goes against established norms and that is what they're really upset about.

TL;DR It's a better stance to say "they called it complete and now it isn't" than "I purposefully waited for the full version and that is no longer true."

Mate they're lucky that they're not getting done for false advertising. They would had to have known this was in the pipeline even before the complete edition came out (wasn't that long ago) and to announce so close to release OH BY THE WAY IT'S NOT COMPLETE seems like they knew people would complain and thus they just gave them no time to react before the "Complete" Edition was taken down (keeping digital receipts and proof of transaction would probably screw them over on this front, though). Once again early adopters getting fucked over, what else is new?  

14 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Mate they're lucky that they're not getting done for false advertising.

I mean, if you feel so slighted, please sue them and make a statement.

They would had to have known this was in the pipeline even before the complete edition came out (wasn't that long ago) and to announce so close to release OH BY THE WAY IT'S NOT COMPLETE

Are you sure of that? The game released May 16, 2017, with the first expansion/complete edition on seven months later and augmented 10 months later. So, for this to be true, you have to believe they've been working on Augmented for nearly 10 months, which I sincerely doubt. 

Once again early adopters getting fucked over, what else is new?  

Anyway, this is just silly. The people complaining are NOT early adopters, they're just people who waited and are angry they didn't wait enough. Real early adopters are me (PSNProfiles lists me as the first to platinum and only person to have all the trophies). Like I said, it sucks, but it's being blown out of proportion.