THQ Nordic aquires Kingdoms of Amalur IP

Wait... WHAT?  EA can single-handedly kill this? Oh hell no.  I'm really hoping they sell the franchise publishing rights to THQ or at least cut a fair deal to publish it for them, even if it's only digital (which is better than not at all).

There's still got to be hope, given that Bulletstorm's remaster was published by Gearbox & not EA.

8 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Wait... WHAT?  EA can single-handedly kill this? Oh hell no.  I'm really hoping they sell the franchise publishing rights to THQ or at least cut a fair deal to publish it for them, even if it's only digital (which is better than not at all).

There's still got to be hope, given that Bulletstorm's remaster was published by Gearbox & not EA.

EA only has the rights to the original game. Thq can still make a new game in this franchise. No need to get so bent out of shape over nothing.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 10:20 PM, Spyro said:

On 9/10/2018 at 10:45 PM, communistwookiee said:

Aaannnddd the hope is dead.

I doubt it's dead. I can't believe that THQ would buy the rights for the IP if there hasn't been some indication that they can remaster the first one. 

8 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

EA only has the rights to the original game. Thq can still make a new game in this franchise. No need to get so bent out of shape over nothing.

I hope they're not counting on that, though. While KoA did reasonably well, it's an old IP whose fanbase isn't super devoted or anything.

To be honest i loved this game (as you can clearly tell by my profile photo lol) however i would prefer a sequel to the first one. The 120hrs or so i spent doing the 100% on the trophies for this game i can't say i would want to go through it again. A Kingdoms of Amalur 2 would be much more welcomed. 

• Like 3