I have a question about the ending (heavy spoilers)

wackt1

I've already played God of war (2018) and I now that at the end of the game, Greece is in Chaos but Kratos releases the blue light hope thing. Does humanity in Greece (and the remaining Gods) recover from the war?

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, madbuk said:

We have no idea because the new game is a travesty that retcons the living hell out of the original saga. We'll probably never know.

Ya, cause it seems the the death of the greek gods caused an entirely different kind of plagues that didn't effect Midgard for some reason.

1 hour ago, Orange Heart said:

It is heavily implied that the world of Midgard and Greece are in two different planes of existence separate from each other.

could be that, the new game (i love it still) leaves a mystery on the aftermath of Greece though and how Midgard is connected though I've heard it's in scandinavia. .  

Edited by wackt1

2 hours ago, madbuk said:

Okay so where did Kratos get his blades from? They were supposedly lost for eternity at the end of GoW1.

How did Kratos survive the ending of 3?

Why is Kratos suddenly a god? He was demoted from the pantheon and stripped of all his godly powers in GoW2.

How did Kratos get to Norse land? It's implied towards the end that you need a special artifact to travel between greek/norse/egyptian/japan(?) mythology.

Outside of the game, I also hate how the devs were so dismissive of original Kratos, treating him like a one-dimensional angry man, acting like their new version is better and has more depth. Kratos was a lot more than an angry man, he showed love, regret, sadness, and more throughout the whole games, like when he tore himself away from living in paradise with his daughter to go save the world, or when he tried to let go of his quest for revenge and stop Pandora sacrificing herself for him. 

Athena gave him a new set of blades, he absorbed the power of Zeus in 3 thus becoming a god again, dunno yet how he hot to midgard but from what I saw they paid pretty good attention to the original trilogy in the new one...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Athena gave him a new set of blades, he absorbed the power of Zeus in 3 thus becoming a god again, dunno yet how he hot to midgard but from what I saw they paid pretty good attention to the original trilogy in the new one...

She did, and then he pretty much destroys them. But the ones in the new game are the Blades of Chaos - the original ones that got supposedly lost forever, not the Blades of Athena, which were destroyed, or Blades of Exile, which were forged from the remains of the Blades of Athena and the fate of which remains unknown.

When did he absorb Zeus' power? He kills Zeus and then stabs himself with the Blade of Olympus, thus he should be dead. He died when he was stabbed with it in GoW2, so why didn't he in the third game? He absorbed the soul of Hades, but there's nothing to imply that that makes him a god all of a sudden.

Also, in the new game, Atreus is excited about being a god because his father is a god (which is wrong, Kratos is a demigod, but hey, the new game loved retconning shit.) What makes Atreus a god? His mother was a giant, so he should be half god half giant, not a proper god.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, madbuk said:

She did, and then he pretty much destroys them. But the ones in the new game are the Blades of Chaos - the original ones that got supposedly lost forever, not the Blades of Athena, which were destroyed, or Blades of Exile, which were forged from the remains of the Blades of Athena and the fate of which remains unknown.

When did he absorb Zeus' power? He kills Zeus and then stabs himself with the Blade of Olympus, thus he should be dead. He died when he was stabbed with it in GoW2, so why didn't he in the third game? He absorbed the soul of Hades, but there's nothing to imply that that makes him a god all of a sudden.

Also, in the new game, Atreus is excited about being a god because his father is a god (which is wrong, Kratos is a demigod, but hey, the new game loved retconning shit.) What makes Atreus a god? His mother was a giant, so he should be half god half giant, not a proper god.

Mayhaps he found them? But it's heavily implied that putting them back on renews his servitude to Athena but he tells her to take a hike, 

I don't think he ever stopped being the god of war he just got betrayed and kicked out but fairly sure if he had the power to kill all but Athena he was god tried in 0ower on top of his demigod heritage

Stress is half demigod half giant u might look up your mythology sure it skips out on naming his father but he's still a halfling 

As for his death in 3.... Watch the post credits u see the sword and a blood trail leading away so he survived maybe this time around he was stronger and more Hardy? Maybe the fact he killed Hades and screwed up the underworld repeatedly got him banned from death?

I'm feeling either you skipped out on actually playing or your just looking to down the game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Mayhaps he found them? But it's heavily implied that putting them back on renews his servitude to Athena but he tells her to take a hike, 

I don't think he ever stopped being the god of war he just got betrayed and kicked out but fairly sure if he had the power to kill all but Athena he was god tried in 0ower on top of his demigod heritage

Stress is half demigod half giant u might look up your mythology sure it skips out on naming his father but he's still a halfling 

As for his death in 3.... Watch the post credits u see the sword and a blood trail leading away so he survived maybe this time around he was stronger and more Hardy? Maybe the fact he killed Hades and screwed up the underworld repeatedly got him banned from death?

I'm feeling either you skipped out on actually playing or your just looking to down the game

In actual mythology, Atreus' dad is a giant and I don't think it's explicitly stated what his mother is? In God of War, his father is a demigod - though the game refers to him as an actual god for some strange reason - and his mother is a giant.

Also about the death, sure we see that blood trail, but it never actually explains how. It doesn't even show he lives, he could've just crawled off screen and then bled out. The new game makes no attempt to explain it either. We can speculate all we want about what Hades' death means, but the game never actually tells us so we just have to guess. Same with the blades, we never see Kratos recover them, we never see how he found them again, and until we do it doesn't make any sense. Greece was completely flooded, the blades would've drifted away in the flood even if they were still in Greece at that point. Also, why would putting on the blades renew his servitude to Athena? They were a symbol of his servitude to Ares, not Athena.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, madbuk said:

I'm just gonna say that having the blood of a god it's often enough to make someone a god, it doesn't matter how "pure" he is. In mythology, Thor himself is half god half giant, and no one question his category. I think that in GoW the gods are just another (very powerful) species, like humans, or giants, or..

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Just a troll. 

Lol how am I a troll? Like it or not the game was good, no travesty here.

10 hours ago, madbuk said:

Okay so where did Kratos get his blades from? They were supposedly lost for eternity at the end of GoW1.

Why is Kratos suddenly a god? He was demoted from the pantheon and stripped of all his godly powers in GoW2.

How did Kratos get to Norse land? It's implied towards the end that you need a special artifact to travel between greek/norse/egyptian/japan(?) mythology.

Outside of the game, I also hate how the devs were so dismissive of original Kratos, treating him like a one-dimensional angry man, acting like their new version is better and has more depth. Kratos was a lot more than an angry man, he showed love, regret, sadness, and more throughout the whole games, like when he tore himself away from living in paradise with his daughter to go save the world, or when he tried to let go of his quest for revenge and stop Pandora sacrificing herself for him. 

Lol somethings are left unanswered on purpose, you don’t need to know every thing. I see nothing wrong with saying Kratos in the new game is deeper, cause he is, but you talk about them like they’re separate characters which they aren’t. 

7 hours ago, madbuk said:

What a stick in the mud you are.

5 hours ago, matigrosso91 said:

I'm just gonna say that having the blood of a god it's often enough to make someone a god, it doesn't matter how "pure" he is. In mythology, Thor himself is half god half giant, and no one question his category. I think that in GoW the gods are just another (very powerful) species, like humans, or giants, or..

Thor is God and eldergod 

6 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol how am I a troll? Like it or not the game was good, no travesty here.

Lol somethings are left unanswered on purpose, you don’t need to know every thing. I see nothing wrong with saying Kratos in the new game is deeper, cause he is, but you talk about them like they’re separate characters which they aren’t. 

What a stick in the mud you are.

Huh? Buk's the troll. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 4:54 PM, madbuk said:

We have no idea because the new game is a travesty that retcons the living hell out of the original saga. We'll probably never know.

God I hate seeing you in these forums. It’s like your sole-purpose is to troll by trashing masterpiece games. First it’s The Last of Us and now God of War, just shut up already. 

On 9/6/2018 at 7:07 PM, Princess Boo said:

It is heavily implied that the world of Midgard and Greece are in two different planes of existence separate from each other.

On 9/6/2018 at 8:34 PM, kidson2004 said:

Good question. Honestly, I have no idea as Midgard and Greece are in 2 totally different planes of existence. Not only that, it doesn’t explain how Kratos ended up in Midgard in the first place. 

On 9/7/2018 at 3:51 AM, madbuk said:

Cory Barlog (GOW’s creative director) explained that each region of the world has its own God heiarchy. Just like the Olympian Gods rule over Greece, the Norse Gods oversee Scandinavia. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

God I hate seeing you in these forums. It’s like your sole-purpose is to troll by trashing masterpiece games. First it’s The Last of Us and now God of War, just shut up already. 

Cory Barlog (GOW’s creative director) explained that each region of the world has its own God heiarchy. Just like the Olympian Gods rule over Greece, the Norse Gods oversee Scandinavia. 

But The Last of Us and God of War aren't masterpieces so idk what you're talking about.

Okay but that doesn't explain how Kratos got there after the events of 3, nor does it explain any of the other glaring problems that cause the whole story to fall apart.

• Like 1