Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD Trophy Thoughts

3 minutes ago, DrHambone said:

So mad - I would have loved to play this on my Vita. It's a mobile port right? Why bring it to PS4? "Play a shorter version of the full game" with meh graphics?

1f621.png

Agreed, on vita this game could be much better than play it on PS4 in my opinion. We already have the eternal FF XV on PS4.

This game deserves to be on the PSVita and not PS4. Man, the PSVita is a wonderful handheld and this is coming from somebody that has every Nintendo Handheld (except Switch because I am broke at the moment) it sucks that it gets treated like shit by Sony and 3rd Parties.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrHambone said:

So mad - I would have loved to play this on my Vita.

Nintendo switched off the life support the Vita had for these past for years. It's gone now.

38 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

A pocket edition for a non-pocketable console!!!  FAIL!  Why no Vita?! 1f621.png

Because it's not worth it. The pocket edition has been ported to Windows before, so bringing it to the x86 consoles is less complicated than making a Vita version, which is a completely different system.

Edited by soniq

As someone who still periodically plays their Vita for god sake stop whining. It's far too late for that; the console is dead. Sony made that clear the moment they stopped making games themselves for it after six months. I'm not too thrilled about it but it's time to move on. 

Anyway when I first saw the launch trailer for this I thought it would be a Switch exclusive until it said mobile. Was surprised it never got a Switch release but even more surprised that it got a PS4 one. 

This seems more suited for the Vita with the chibi art and the fact that the original game is already on PS4, they should have brought it both consoles at least. The chibi art isn't really appealing to me with the weird dot-like eyes, World of FFs chibi art was cute which I quite liked.

Looking at the info for the mobile game, it didn't seem to have all the side quests, so it was just the main story so it was about 20 hours long, which would technically make it easier to platinum.

I'll wait to see the reviews and when more info. The original was an easy platinum, but the character episode trophies were super hard imo.

Edited by Lava_Yuki

Why is this even a thing? Sure Square, bring the "Pocket" version of FFXV to a non-portable console that already has the proper version of the game because that makes sense... :facepalm:

And yeah, I agree with everyone mentioning how this should have come to the Vita. I'm sure it would have done pretty well too.

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Why is this even a thing? Sure Square, bring the "Pocket" version of FFXV to a non-portable console that already has the proper version of the game because that makes sense... :facepalm:

And yeah, I agree with everyone mentioning how this should have come to the Vita. I'm sure it would have done pretty well too.

I don't play games on my phone so I wasn't aware the Pocket Edition even existed. It was a pretty good surprise to discover this when I logged in today. I immediately bought it because I love FF15 and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's the exact same story, that's true but it made me very nostalgic of the "realistic" version of the game. The battle system is similar to the previous version but it's also way more dynamic in my opinion. I played the first one in Japanese but was kinda interested in playing it in my native language too because the voice actors did a pretty good job but I didn't want to do the open-world roaming again so now I'm rediscovering the game and it's fun. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I was hoping that an FFVIII trophy list would pop like FFIX's last September.

So much content for XV and it surprises,game doesn't sound that good.Hopefully they will stop adding dlc so i'll finally get a complete edition

To be exact it was during the Tokyo Game Show, so there is still hope since they is in two weeks. I really hope it will come.

I wish this was on vita...

But anyway I think this game is criminally overpriced. If you compare it with how cheap the actual game cost (physical) in my case (Netherlands only, so no import). I can spend 27 euros for a sealed royal edition of ff XV from a trusted source, 18 for day one edition. This pocket game costs 30 euros base and atm 18 euros with PS+ discount. In that case you can better spend that 9 euro extra on the normal edition with dlc..

https://www.budgetgaming.nl/ps4/final+fantasy+xv+-+royal+edition.html

And yes world of final fantasy is also a game like this (same style), but were world is a completely new game is this just a copy of the main story of ff XV with worse graphics and probably system.

Edited by Bumperklever

Specifically made for people who don’t want to deal with the DLC bullshit. 

Almost if Square Enix said “Hey we’re making a lot of DLC but if you don’t want to go through the hassle of buying our shit  play our more compact, pocket edition of the game”.